1.    #1  
    Is the reason the TouchPad was delayed was to see what Apple was coming out with the iPad 2? Do you think there's a chance that HP is tinkering with the design to more closely match the weight and thinness of the iPad 2?
    the touchpad wasn't "delayed". It has been planned for "summer" all along. Based on where webOS 3.0 was on feb 9th at the announcement, they needed until summer to get it finished, sdk to devs, and flagship apps ready for launch.

sdk is in the hands of early access devs so everything seems to be on schedule.

slow, yes. delayed, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intervenient View Post
    Is the reason the TouchPad was delayed was to see what Apple was coming out with the iPad 2? Do you think there's a chance that HP is tinkering with the design to more closely match the weight and thinness of the iPad 2?
    When was it "delayed"? I don't think we ever say a release date that was pushed did we?
    I don't think it was delayed but I wsih that were making some changes like maybe two cameras,1080p hdmi out and a new back cover.
  5.    #5  
    Sorry, delayed in the sense that it wasn't released soon after it was announced.
    like others I think it had more to do with the OS and possibly the processor. I still think the TouchPad dates back to a Palm design. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumored 7inch Opal is redesigned by the HP team.
    I think the TouchPad was designed by HP before the acquisition. HP has an ANdroid tablet in the works, and it was cancelled when they bought Palm.

There is no way that Palm would have designed hardware without a dedicated gesture area. But since HP already had the design on process, it was simple to swap the OS rather than scrap the hardware design.

And Palm didn't have the money to be designing tablets when they were scrambling to get the Pre2 delivered.

I can't prove it, but I'd bet on it!
    I'm hoping for some changes, softtouch back, HDMI, and I can dream for an SD card slot and a usb port
    It's already been approved by the FCC. Can't make any changes beyond that point, as doing so would require a new FCC ID and approval for the new device. Somewhere in China a factory is currently churning out Touchpads, getting boatloads of them ready for release day.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    FCC is only radio approval is it not, all they do is certify that the touchpad wont fry your brain. Though even if FCC does not allow changes to other components theres a chance they made changes before they submitted it.
    I hope they did make some changes, like making it thinner. Seeing how Samsung reduced the thickness of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 after Apple revealed the iPad 2, I see it as being possible. Let's hope HP decided to make it thinner as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    FCC is only radio approval is it not, all they do is certify that the touchpad wont fry your brain. Though even if FCC does not allow changes to other components theres a chance they made changes before they submitted it.
    FCC tests the entire device. Changing the thickness of the device, materials, etc.--anything at all can affect how radiation is emitted from the device.

Once a device gets FCC approval, it's done. If it's changed, it's a new device that needs a new ID and separate approval.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    they are removing the home button and adding back jestures..... one can dream right
    +1
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    SO hp envy notebooks with beats audio come with beats headphones...so will the touchpad come with beats headphones as well?? if not, it should, that would be a HUGE selling point to consumers. possible last minute announcement???