1.    #1  
    ZDNet has made a 10 top tablets of 2011 and places the TouchPad as number 2. A good position before launch. ?

Quote:

2. HP TouchPad

I think we can safely call this one the “X factor.” Even after Hewlett-Packard officially unveiled its webOS tablet on February 9, there are still two big questions hanging out there - when exactly will it arrive (”summer” is all we know) and how much will it cost?

This product has been in the works since HP bought Palm last summer. Putting the resources of HP behind the massive potential of webOS could be great combination.

Also, don’t forget that HP has a decade of experience building tablet hardware — even if it was as part of the long defeat for Microsoft’s Tablet PC. HP’s new TouchPad is 9.7-inch tablet with lots of high-end features, but it doesn’t have much to distinguish it from Apple or Android and that could hurt.

The tablet will likely succeed or fail based on price. If it is comparable to the iPad ($500) while offering a stronger feature-set, it has a shot. If it’s more expensive than the iPad then it could struggle.

Still, the WebOS is a natural fit for tablets and the TouchPad could potentially trump the iPad in true multitasking, better integrated notifications, and messaging.

Link: Top 10 tablets of 2011, the new leaderboard | ZDNet
    I like that! Thanks for the link!
    #2 is a good start,but it is #1 in OS.
    Not too shabby to stand out in the sea of android tablets.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    i have no idea why unreleased tablets on their top 10 list.
    ZDnet really seems to like webos, nice to have that kind of continuous positive support.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    i have no idea why unreleased tablets on their top 10 list.
    Probably have to in order to have a top 10..
    Don't these guys get review devices quite some time before a release?

I know Precentral has gotten review devices before release.
    Just call me Berd.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Don't these guys get review devices quite some time before a release?

I know Precentral has gotten review devices before release.

Yes they reviewed all the tablets and devices before and after release, as well.
    I enjoyed that. Thanks for the link.
    Wow. They also have the Playbook (RIM) at #4. Not so sure about the list now.
    I was at a concert with my group last week. During the break between rehearsals and performance, one of our guys was watching videos on his iPad (he's Filipino, and was looking at clips of Manny Pacquiao). He let me play with his tablet for a bit, and firstly, I discovered that a tab is comfortable to hold. Secondly, the iPad UI is basically the iPod UI.

If HP can optimize the TouchPad software, it'll blow that iThing out of the water.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I was at a concert with my group last week. During the break between rehearsals and performance, one of our guys was watching videos on his iPad (he's Filipino, and was looking at clips of Manny Pacquiao). He let me play with his tablet for a bit, and firstly, I discovered that a tab is comfortable to hold. Secondly, the iPad UI is basically the iPod UI.

If HP can optimize the TouchPad software, it'll blow that iThing out of the water.
    Actually webos is much better than ios in any field.
    wow, as much as I love webOS, I can't help but ask how much HP paid him? LoL, JK to a degree. There is a lot of potential in webOS beyond phones.... and tablets.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    wow, as much as I love webOS, I can't help but ask how much HP paid him? LoL, JK to a degree. There is a lot of potential in webOS beyond phones.... and tablets.
    webOS will be loaded in all HP consumer products including laptops, notebooks, printers etc , starting 2012.