Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm in college, carry some of my books around then come tell me the touchpad is heavy. i don't care that it doesn't weigh what the ipad2 weighs.
    It's the kryptonite infused gorilla glass...has a higher specific gravity than regular gorilla glass.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    It's the kryptonite infused gorilla glass...has a higher specific gravity than regular gorilla glass.
    LOL!

But everybody complaining about the weight compared to iPad2 I just know can tell the difference of 0.3lbs in their hands. I mean, that's like fetching a boulder in one hand, and a feather in the other, right?
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    LOL!

But everybody complaining about the weight compared to iPad2 I just know can tell the difference of 0.3lbs in their hands. I mean, that's like fetching a boulder in one hand, and a feather in the other, right?
    if that feather is infused with kryptonite, yes.

I'm sorry, I've used up my allotted references to kryptonite for the rest of the decade...in fact, Superman is renouncing his citizenship because of my over the top references (unless he too has been waiting for new webOS phones on Sprint). Didn't see THAT coming.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Its ok, only 3% people will ever use TP while over 90% use the lighter weight, faster and bigger battery IP-2
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Its ok, only 3% people will ever use TP while over 90% use the lighter weight, faster and bigger battery IP-2
    I'm betting about 15-20% of the people are going to want a better experiencing using their device no matter what the weight. webOS gives them that.

And how is the iPad 2 faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    I'm betting about 15-20% of the people are going to want a better experiencing using their device no matter what the weight. webOS gives them that.

And how is the iPad 2 faster?
    The software doesnt lag like webOS. For example, photos takes seconds to sharpen in webOS, while iOS they are already sharp
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    The software doesnt lag like webOS. For example, photos takes seconds to sharpen in webOS, while iOS they are already sharp
    And you know that because you took a few photos out with the Touchpad and compared them to a few photos from the ipad2?

Looking at the incredible speed of webOS on the Veer, I would like to think that when the Touchpad launches, we won't be seeing lag.

But from this turn in conversation am I to understand that webOS 'lag' makes the Touchpad heavier?
    NNJ
    Placebo Effect: Because there exists a lighter tablet (iPad2), everything else "seems heavier". Its only a .5lb difference.

Good marketing: Ours is lighter. You are just drinking their kool-aid. Their tablet may be lighter, but is there OS lighter too? A good OS will make you forget the extra "perceived" weight.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Actually, that's not really what the placebo effect means. However, repeatedly saying that webOS is definitely a better mobile OS may result in a placebo effect when a Precentral reader first tries it on a device.

and, on the other hand, maybe not!

(fair is fair, if you want to play devil's advocate all the time)

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Placebo Effect: Because there exists a lighter tablet (iPad2), everything else "seems heavier". Its only a .5lb difference.

Good marketing: Ours is lighter. You are just drinking their kool-aid. Their tablet may be lighter, but is there OS lighter too? A good OS will make you forget the extra "perceived" weight.
    I agree with the good OS part. My concern is that the majority of customers that walk into a Best Buy or Staples won't take the OS for a spin based solely on the aesthetics of the TP compared with the iPad 2 or the new Samsung coming out.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I agree with the good OS part. My concern is that the majority of customers that walk into a Best Buy or Staples won't take the OS for a spin based solely on the aesthetics of the TP compared with the iPad 2 or the new Samsung coming out.
    Nope, they'll pick them both up, detect the 0.3 lbs difference and buy the iPad2 because it's waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy lighter. They absolutely won't check the difference of the OSs out.
    NNJ
    Nope, they'll pick them both up, detect the 0.3 lbs difference and buy the iPad2 because it's waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy lighter. They absolutely won't check the difference of the OSs out.
    I think you are soo wrong about this.
    Everyone who is going to buy a tablet when the TP is lying beside the iPad is going to pick them both up, to see which one can do what they want to do with a tablet, the easiest and with the least hassles, as well as has all the features they are looking for. I think WebOS stands a pretty good chance of making people not even notice what the Touch Pad weighs.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandlizard View Post
    I think you are soo wrong about this.
    Everyone who is going to buy a tablet when the TP is lying beside the iPad is going to pick them both up, to see which one can do what they want to do with a tablet, the easiest and with the least hassles, as well as has all the features they are looking for. I think WebOS stands a pretty good chance of making people not even notice what the Touch Pad weighs.
    LOL....I do beg your pardon. There was no [SARCASM][/SARCASM] option to put my statement in.
    NNJ
    You have no idea what the TP is going to have as far as apps when it comes out, and HP and Dell have sold a heck of a lot more computers made out of plastic than Apple's metal computers. I don't think I would assume too much about a device you have not seen. The OS we don't know either, but it will certainly be more sophisticated than 1.45. Time is the only thing that will tell now isn't it.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/03/2011 at 03:05 PM.
    LOL....I do beg your pardon. There was no [SARCASM][/SARCASM] option to put my statement in.
    I beg your pardon, I totally missed your sarcasm, my bifocals are not the best!!!
    Practice by carrying some stones like Keith Stone

Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Yup, hopefully they're slimming it down a bit (or a lot!), I was just saying in another thread I just created that even the iPad 1 gets a bit heavy after holding it for a while!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    I agree. I set up an iPad 1 for a client and was surprised by the heft. I was constantly shifting it around trying to find a comfortable holding position, but it was just too heavy.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think its like it has been mentioned above. if the weight is more toward the center of the device it will be fine. if one side feels heavier than the other then it will feel clunky. so thats what they need to get right
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12