Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Saw an HP ad featuring Olivia Munn.
    the more i look at the link you provide the more i think this is not so much an hp ad as a "do something" campaign by the company "Do Something" at http://www.dosomething.org/ that is sponsored by HP. But i think this is more about charity work for dosomething.org then about HP. But that don't mean they can't still toss money at her.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    the more i look at the link you provide the more i think this is not so much an hp ad as a "do something" campaign by the company "Do Something" at [URL] that is sponsored by HP. But i think this is more about charity work for dosomething.org then about HP. But that don't mean they can't still toss money at her.
    yeah, you're right. I guess it's "HP-ish."
    i thought i remember her saying on her show that she had a BlackBerry as a business phone AND a Pixi as a personal phone...but yeah, she bashed the Pre alot for some reason.
    Her pixi review
    Palm Pixi Phone - G4tv.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Wow. She went out of her way to dis the Pre again. lol.

dude: "If this had wifi people would be like, "why should I buy the pre?"
    Olivia: "that's weird cause i ask myself that in general: Why would anyone buy the Pre?"
    dude: "OOOO! You just served Palm!"

i was also amused her assertion that the Pixi should be "free."

You know all these are more that dude's review. She just kinda stands their and smarts off and asks, "Is it worth it? Does it have music?"
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    She's cool with me and I don't remotely thing she's dumb. That said I think the competitors would just make commercials that play her comments back at her and post her twitter comments in a commercial like it was a political campaign and they were pointing out past statements that contradict their current positions. Personally i think you're setting yourself up for embarrassment. It be like Lebron going on tv saying Adidas are crap. And posting numerous tweets about how crappy Adidas shoes are and don't you wish you had bought Nikes instead. Then the next year they try to sign Lebron to Adidas.

That sort of stuff is exactly why pro athletes rarely say bad things about the competition because it paints them into a corner. To me she's done exactly that.
    If HP hired Oliva Munn to be a spokesmodel no one is going to care what she said on Twitter and no one is going to "bring that back" this isn't politics. It's hiring a model/actress to promote a product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    If HP hired Oliva Munn to be a spokesmodel no one is going to care what she said on Twitter and no one is going to "bring that back" this isn't politics. It's hiring a model/actress to promote a product.
    That's working out well for Tmobile. Using the borg chick worked out well for Palm. But how about using the product itself to promote the product? These products, when shown in use, sell themselves.
    i sure would. and like i said if i was a competitor i'd surely use here own words in a commercial. That said. Webos at this point is such a nonfactor right now that i don't think apple or HTC or any of the android makers would even concern themselves with HP. That is until they showed significant improvement in sales.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That's working out well for Tmobile. Using the borg chick worked out well for Palm. But how about using the product itself to promote the product? These products, when shown in use, sell themselves.
    What are you replying to? What do you think I'm saying?
    Chris Hartwick [sp?] on AOTS was the one who gave their first 5 star rating to the Pre Plus. Olivia, at least on the show, has always been a huge Blackberry supporter.

But, how about putting a fake bald cap on Olivia, and putting her out in some field? I can see her doing that (though when she makes dumb faces she is at her least funny). Actually, maybe RIM should do this.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    How much of a name is Munn outside of geekdom. That wasn't a question.
    Well I'd never heard of her until she showed up on The Daily Show. I also didn't like her when she showed up on The Daily Show, still don't thing she's all that talented.
    What are you replying to? What do you think I'm saying?
    I don't know. But it sounded good..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12