Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Too late on releases? They said Summer. Perhaps I am wrong, but I do not believe it is currently Summer anywhere on this planet.
    But... what about global warming?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    But... what about global warming?
    Pfft. Seems like winter just ended here. In fact, I call a huge fail on Earth for missing it's launch data for Spring 2011. I'm tired of these broken promises of seasons, I'm moving to another planet if Earth doesn't "make things right"!
    Pfft. Seems like winter just ended here. In fact, I call a huge fail on Earth for missing it's launch data for Spring 2011. I'm tired of these broken promises of seasons, I'm moving to another planet if Earth doesn't "make things right"!
    Hahaha A+ post.

"good riddance then hope the grass is greener on the other side, don't let the door hit your ***** on the way out" etc.
    Too late on releases? They said Summer. Perhaps I am wrong, but I do not believe it is currently Summer anywhere on this planet.
    Don't get me wrong, they are not late on what they have promised, it's just my point of view that they are late in general when there is so much competition out there and so much choice. I love WebOS, think it's probably the best OS on a phone right now, but I think most people just don't get all the fuss about multitasking, which is one of the big selling points of WebOS.

So technically, they could release a TP in August and still be on time according to their schedule, granted. I'd love to see a TP and maybe even buy one, but for those of us who've had Palm phones for many years are used to Palm always playing catch up, at least on the phones. The TP does seem to stack up well compared to the iPad2, but by the time the TP comes out how many people that would have considered a TP if it was available would have already bought an iPad2?
    I actually got an email about it today! I was so excited, only to realize that the email was someone from sales giving me a spec sheet...that I already knew, and his contact information, and saying they didn't know when they would be releasing it!

Lame, but at least i've got a contact now!
    +1 same email.
    Yes I have gotten like 3
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I also got an email today from HP. The subject line was "HP Touchpad". I was in the middle of doing multiple things at work and was bouncing around the training center when i went back to my desk to check on a tracking number for a recent purchase and i noticed the "HP Touchpad" email. I was instantly excited and opened it up to just find out it was a marketing spec sheet for the new TP. I was kind of disappointed at first, but then i started thinking, "What the heck, at least HP is starting to get back to people". I also started thinking "Hey this is a great opportunity, to talk with someone at HP". Therefore i actually called the HP Sales REP and spoke to him for a while. He was very professional and actually gave me some insight on the TP release frame (somewhat). I pretty much told him for 10 minutes all the mis-steps and problems Palm has done with webOS. Don't get me wrong, i love my Palm Pre running webOS, but like the previous post had said, there is so much competition, that if HP doesn't get going, it's going to be tougher and tougher to get people to get on board. Therefore, i told him all of my frustrations and instructed him to tell his higher ups or whoever his boss is what we all at PreCentral.net have been saying and thinking. Who knows if it is going to amount to anything. Probably not, but he did confirm that HP does hear our frustrations and they are hoping to knock us out this summer, so lets see. Anyways, i was able to get a rough timeline from the HP Sales rep of the HP TP possibly coming from Middle of June to Late June!. Of course that has already been said by the CEO of HP Leo Apotheker who has already said the HP TP would be out in June. I've also recently considered purchasing an Apple Ipad 2 (Yes, i know..bite my tongue for saying Ipad), but everyone has to admit, it is a pretty sweet device, but good luck getting your hands on one of those. I figure if i gotta wait 2-3 weeks to get an Ipad2, i might as well wait till JUNE for the HP TP. I refuse to bow down to Steve Jobs and Apple. I really want a new tablet with webOS because it's just a better and more intuitive mobile platform. Most people would tend to agree, but people will only wait so long. I hope HP gets going soon!!

Now, if i can only find out more information about the Pre 3. I've had my Palm Pre (original) with Sprint since June of 09 and i think its just ridiculous on how much time webOS fans have to wait for a product, but the in the meantime, i see so many Android phones, i can't even keep track anymore (i.e.. Attrix, Thuderbolt, Fasciniate, InFuse, MyTouch2, EVO HD, etc....). Furthermore, I can't believe Sprint is not going to carry the new HP Pre 3 or any new webOS phone. I asked the HP Sales rep about the whole Sprint problem of carrying the new webOS devices, and he said the same thing that we heard a few months back:

HP Sales Rep = "Yes, Sunil we understand that Sprint customers are frustrated on not hearing any news about new webOS phones. You have to understand that it's not up to HP for getting our devices to Sprints Network. Sprint has to approach us for our new phones and we just haven't reached that point. He also stated that he is a Sprint Customer as well and he also hopes that HP works with Sprint."

Therefore, it basically boils down that all of the Sprint webOS users need to contact SPRINT and tell them that if they don't get any new webOS phones (i.e Pre 3, Veer, new secret non keyboard Phone, or whatever that leaked image was, etc..) in the future, that SPRINT will lose even more customers to AT&T, Verizon, or whoever else HP signed carrier agreements with. I have no problem jumping ship to Verizon (even though i really don't want to leave Sprint..been with them for 12 years), but i REFUSE to go to AT&T. I just have never had good luck with that company.

Lets hope we hear some news soon and see some good marketing!!

Long Live webOS!
    Sunil
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12