webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > TouchPad Performance Issues?
TouchPad Performance Issues?
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04/28/2011, 12:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 743
Did you guys notice that when he exited the game, the UI had to do a 180 flip?
samab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2011, 02:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
blackfireball5's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
Was this video on the front page?
i actually sent it in to them as a suggestion but nothing ever happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post
Did you guys notice that when he exited the game, the UI had to do a 180 flip?
yes, and it handled it very nicely.
blackfireball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Titan078
Old 04/28/2011, 02:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Tazmorator
 
berdinkerdickle's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,058
I say tip them at frontpage again.
berdinkerdickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2011, 02:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
blackfireball5's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,075
maybe if some others do it will be seen as more important. i feel like the front page has been lacking in substantial news and this, at least to me and others in this post, is front page worthy.
blackfireball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: berdinkerdickle
Old 04/28/2011, 02:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Tazmorator
 
berdinkerdickle's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,058
Alright, I'll see what I can do.
berdinkerdickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: blackfireball5
Old 04/28/2011, 02:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
blackfireball5's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
Alright, I'll see what I can do.
cool.
blackfireball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2011, 02:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
9thWonder's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,235
how come every demo shows the same stuff. like that same flying game from like the same spot in the game? same photos etc. they sure love that allrecipes website. it's in that video but in many others too. like at 7:39 in this one from feb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXNUd...eature=related. they must have a lot of good chefs at HP.

Last edited by blackmagic01; 04/28/2011 at 03:01 AM.
9thWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2011, 07:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
LCGuy's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
how come every demo shows the same stuff. like that same flying game from like the same spot in the game? same photos etc. they sure love that allrecipes website. it's in that video but in many others too. like at 7:39 in this one from feb. YouTube - HP Touchpad detailed WebOS Walkthrough - Palm Pre 3 Hands On. they must have a lot of good chefs at HP.
So, you are implying what?

That HP has conjured up a device that only plays that specific video game for the first 30 - 40 seconds well? Or that the only web site it can dsiplay well and work with TTS is that cooking web site?

Come on now..

These are prepared demo's for hardware and software still being refined - they don't want anything to go wrong, so, working the device is always scripted, to assure consistent presentation from one demonstration to another, and to allow comparison demonstration from months ago to present day.

I really thought they blew it by announcing s summer time availability, but, seeing the competition that was supposed to blow it out of the water by now, they may have stumbled along into a good position; most, if not all tablets have failed to impress up against the iPad2 as they were all Android (except the Playbook, but, that, too, has faltered, initially, due to BB development tardiness)- the TouchPad is the first new OS competitor with serious hardware to come along and by the time it launches, the anticipation will mount significantly - if it can do all it has been spec'ed at, it has the potential to be very successful.
__________________
"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein


Last edited by LCGuy; 04/28/2011 at 07:55 AM.
LCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2011, 05:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
9thWonder's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
So, you are implying what?
I did not imply anything. I asked some questions and then I guessed that they have lots of good chefs at HP.



That being said i'll do more then imply something i'll just say something. From my perspective it looks like HP shows the exact same flying game in the exact same position in the game because they don't have many other apps to show off outside of those and the few announced at the Feb event.
9thWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2011, 06:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
LCGuy's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
I did not imply anything. I asked some questions and then I guessed that they have lots of good chefs at HP.



That being said i'll do more then imply something i'll just say something. From my perspective it looks like HP shows the exact same flying game in the exact same position in the game because they don't have many other apps to show off outside of those and the few announced at the Feb event.
And this relates to the TouchPad performance (the subject of this thread) how???
__________________
"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

LCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2011, 01:15 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
9thWonder's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
And this relates to the TouchPad performance (the subject of this thread) how???
it relates to the link with a video of the demo posted by blackfireball in this very thread http://forums.precentral.net/2947982-post16.html

YouTube - Gadget Show Live 2011 - HP TouchPad Demo
9thWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2011, 01:19 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
yes, and it handled it very nicely.
But it shouldn't have to do it in the first place.
samab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2011, 02:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
blackfireball5's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post
But it shouldn't have to do it in the first place.
eh, if this is the baseline of the touchpad performance, I could care less.
blackfireball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2011, 02:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 915
If you could care less, that means you care to an extent. =P

But what I figure is that he'd opened the game from a different orientation, so when pausing it, it flipped to go in line with the current direction of things.
FenrirWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2011, 09:31 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Performance issues? Really? Should we at least wait until the first one is released to start rating performance? LOL
You took the works right out of my mouth. A bit ahead of ourselves here. Of course developmental products are not a finished product and will be changed, probably drastically at release.
sandlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: berdinkerdickle
Old 04/29/2011, 09:36 AM   #36 (permalink)
Tazmorator
 
berdinkerdickle's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,058
I couldn't care less if someone could care less.
berdinkerdickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 04/29/2011, 03:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
blackfireball5's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
But what I figure is that he'd opened the game from a different orientation, so when pausing it, it flipped to go in line with the current direction of things.
^this


Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlizard View Post
You took the works right out of my mouth. A bit ahead of ourselves here. Of course developmental products are not a finished product and will be changed, probably drastically at release.
and yes, i think its silly that people judge these products before they are even launched. on the other hand, i enjoy watching the process of optimization and i think pointing out that a product is drastically improving from video to video is fun. hearing everyone get upset about "performance issues" is annoying.
blackfireball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2011, 01:58 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
9thWonder's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
Apps still open slow....
i have heard someone once say that this is something inherent to the way webos is made and runs. That there will likely always be lag with stuff startsup.

I have no idea if that is true. But maybe someone who is a developer or knowledgeable about such things like the inner workings of webos can comment or enlighten me. Anybody know if this is true?
9thWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2011, 09:42 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Posts: 3,609
Apps open slow on iphone. It's no big deal. I think the more important issue is having the apps to open in the first place.

It still seems a strange complaint on webOS that offers true multitasking. If your main apps are already open, keep them open?
cardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2011, 06:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
9thWonder's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
Apps open slow on iphone. It's no big deal. I think the more important issue is having the apps to open in the first place.

It still seems a strange complaint on webOS that offers true multitasking. If your main apps are already open, keep them open?
i don't know. at least in the store most apps i've seen on an iphone open almost instantly. But i pretty much use and app and close it. i rarely have more then one app open at a time. but i'll agree with you on the much bigger problem of not having the the apps to open in the first place. But just speaking for me slow apps opening on my pre minus is annoying as hell. But again i agree on the bigger issue of general lack of apps.
9thWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0