1.    #1  
    While looking up info on the Pre3, a brand new device appeared under HP's filings at 3:45 PM EDT 4/26. The device is FCC ID B94HHI29C, and it is the TouchPad.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...'B94HHI29C'

If you read the Declaration Letter, the model of the device is clearly stated as "TouchPad."

It has only WiFi and Bluetooth--no cellular radios. Interestingly, it does not mention the 3.1 MHz band used for TouchStone charging, nor does it make any mention of induction charging.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  2.    #2  
    Letter showing Touchpad:

Picture of label:

Listing of frequencies:

Touchscreens are a fad.
    well its a good move if they decide to release the wifi version asap.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Notice, the TouchPad is done and submitted by HP themselves. No sigh of Palm GBU.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Notice, the TouchPad is done and submitted by HP themselves. No sigh of Palm GBU.
    Same as with the Pre3. I think it is safe to assume there will be no more filings using Palm's old FCC ID.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Same as with the Pre3. I think it is safe to assume there will be no more filings using Palm's old FCC ID.
    I meant in the Compliance letters and other stuff. Pre3 FCC mentioned Palm GBU. TouchPad does not.
  7.    #7  
    Oh that. Probably because the TouchPad is being designed by a different department than the phones.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Oh that. Probably because the TouchPad is being designed by a different department than the phones.
    Yeah, that was the rumor/news. This pretty much confirmed that.
    great find! It's seems thing areheating up.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    HP needs to get this released soon. Allot of other tablets are being released now or very soon and could hurt business for HP. Looks like asus transformer is a good hit, seeing how fast it sold out. Come on HP, release it now. I am chompin at the bit to dump my iPad.