Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All,

This morning webOSworld tweeted to reveal (or spread the rumour) that all three devices are available in white. unfortunately the whole article is in German (but the pictures are not :-). I'm at work, and cannot translate the page to english so i have no way of knowing what the guys are saying. take a look and if u have more time, translate it for the rest of us please.

All i can say is, hp is bridging the gap with iOS devices in terms of color as well. I personally like black, but there is market for every color.only difference is the market share. One day....
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/25/2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: updated title
    I noticed that color seems to be a big marketing thing for the iphone going white. I think its funny. Because 95% of the iphone owners all use a case covering the phone anyway. So color wouldn't matter specifically for the phone itself. You can get a case that has any color you want!

Just another way to market the same bad product a different way.
    heres the rough google translation:

Pre know HP 3, Veer-in TouchPad

It is indeed allowed to dream again ...

There are smartphones that seen in white simply unbeatable good. The Hero was such a device, and for many this is also true for the iPhone (well visible to the hype about the white iPhone 4, the regenbogenpupsenden unicorn among cell phones).

HP should take the opportunity, and new sets will also be published in several colors. Such was the Pixie in Pink a big seller because it perfectly matched to the target group. Also a white, and therefore snazzy, Veer will certainly also be marketed well. From Pre 3 - or even the touch pad - not to mention. The latter would not even have that great shine like the iPad second

Edit: heres a link to the pictures
    http://mbiebusch.de/2011/04/hp-pre-3...chpad-in-weis/
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 04/25/2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: added a link to the pictures
    Sooo ugly.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Red!
    The TouchPad looks good but the Pre 3 doesn't.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Its a simple article saying they should offer them in white, and with mockups. That is all.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I want mine in tie-dye!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Its a simple article saying they should offer them in white, and with mockups. That is all.
    Yep. Too bad. If I knew German, I would have understood it and wouldn't have bothered to create a new thread and occupy some space on precentral server.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherard View Post
    I noticed that color seems to be a big marketing thing for the iphone going white. I think its funny. Because 95% of the iphone owners all use a case covering the phone anyway. So color wouldn't matter specifically for the phone itself. You can get a case that has any color you want!

Just another way to market the same bad product a different way.
    Bad product? I don't think so. Iphone is great product. It's little over hyped. However, you can't say it's bad product just because you don't like Apple or Iphone.
    I'd like one in red or blue a la the Treo 755. They can keep white.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    The pre3 in white looks ugly, especially with the keyboard exposed. That two tone color combination seems tacky to me. On the other hand, the touchpad may look nice with it because it doesn't have a physical keyboard. Some slabs/tabs can look good in white. I'll still go for classy black.
    TP + P3 = synergized
    Quote Originally Posted by PR3mier View Post
    The pre3 in white looks ugly, especially with the keyboard exposed. That two tone color combination seems tacky to me. On the other hand, the touchpad may look nice with it because it doesn't have a physical keyboard. Some slabs/tabs can look good in white. I'll still go for classy black.
    I kind of like it, but wouldn't buy a white phone because I can't imagine it staying true white for long.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by PR3mier View Post
    Samsung had a phone (not a smartphone) not too long ago with dual tone white and red combo that sold pretty well. Specially ladies thought it was cute. So veer may be a winner in white/black combo. (Not saying veer is not a winner otherwise).
    I personally think that all these white phones that are designed to be black are horrid. You just can't make a black screened phone into a white phone. It is good for marketing though.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I stopped reading at TouchPad/Veer/Pre "are available"...
    I don't know...I kinda like white. Something different! Sorli...
    White could look quite nice actually, I do like the black/white combination in the rendering. But yes, options is good. The white iphone 4 however is just laughable.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    white would be nice if they didnt use that rubbery material. my hands get too dirty, too often (sometimes going immediately to the phone) to consider a white phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast