Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Color varieties DO make a huge difference to potential customers; thats why I designed my dual screen/landscape keyboard ebOS smartphone last year with color variations and posted the renders (see the pictures at the bottom):

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...e-devices.html

The TouchPad would be one of the only pads to provide color selection natively...

Just sayin...
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Bad product? I don't think so. Iphone is great product. It's little over hyped. However, you can't say it's bad product just because you don't like Apple or Iphone.
    I say bad because it doesn't do anything more than the treo did 4 years ago.

touchscreen- check
    apps - check
    music player - check
    internet - check
    keyboard - semi-check

what technology advances has the ios have done since the palmos?
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Color varieties DO make a huge difference to potential customers; thats why I designed my dual screen/landscape keyboard ebOS smartphone last year with color variations and posted the renders (see the pictures at the bottom):

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...e-devices.html

The TouchPad would be one of the only pads to provide color selection natively...

Just sayin...
    I guess what I'm saying is that people that purchase a color phone end up overlaying a case that has a different color anyway! SO it makes the color phone pointless.

You are right. People will BUY it based upon its color. So, it does provide some selling options. But for me... I don't think I want a lime green phone just because there is one available.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherard View Post
    I say bad because it doesn't do anything more than the treo did 4 years ago.

touchscreen- check
    apps - check
    music player - check
    internet - check
    keyboard - semi-check

what technology advances has the ios have done since the palmos?
    It's not always about doing something first or something that hasn't previously been done but perfecting the execution.

In any case, to stay on topic ... color means a lot. I personally know 5 people that are selling their current iPhone 4's just to get a white iPhone 4, and these are people that very well know that there may be an iPhone 5 coming in a few short months.
    Hopefully the HP webOS products will be popular enough for colorware to support them Colorware - Smart Phones
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Hahaha colorware makes me laugh.
    Apparently the white Veer is kind of handsome. I'd have to see it to draw conclusions, but I don't doubt it.
    So this begs the question:
    How about Ferarri red?
    So I'm guessing since the Veer is out in white we will for sure see the Pre3 in white and most likely the TouchPad.

I like that. I think the TouchPad looks the best of the three!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I want mine in tie-dye!
    LOL! You'll need some kryptonite to wring them!
    NNJ
    I want mine clear to see the innards, maybe smoke it a little for some character too.
    I honestly don't understand what the big deal is with white gadgets. But HP, if you're going to go white, why not ALL white, including the face? That two-tone is not attractive at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Its a simple article saying they should offer them in white, and with mockups. That is all.
    I seem to think that they are 100% spot on. :P
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by sherard View Post
    I noticed that color seems to be a big marketing thing for the iphone going white. I think its funny. Because 95% of the iphone owners all use a case covering the phone anyway. So color wouldn't matter specifically for the phone itself. You can get a case that has any color you want!

Just another way to market the same bad product a different way.
    95%? so, you know this because of what research, survey, what? The reason I ask is that I do see many people with custom cases, but I also see many people with the naked phone. It doesn't seem like 95% to me, more like 75%. just saying. Also, bad product? Really?
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 05/06/2011 at 08:56 PM.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Personally, I love the look of the panda Veer. There's some nice comparison shots of both colors over at This is my next:
    The Veer 4G: a family portrait | This is my next...

Also, am I crazy, or does the white TouchPad mockup remind you of a white MacBook with the Tiger wallpaper? It looks so good!
    I would be first in line for a new White Sprint webos device
    I fail to see the argument of cases defeating the point of different colors of phones. I for one have seen no need for a case on my pre- so far and something thats a bit different is never a bad thing in my books.
    Changed my mind, instead of clear smoke, I want black or dark chrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    white would be nice if they didnt use that rubbery material. my hands get too dirty, too often (sometimes going immediately to the phone) to consider a white phone
    Agreed, black is of flat, but white should be glossy.
    I'm thinking white TouchPads don't show finger prints! Black Pre3 white TouchPad = win!
    HAHA!

Colors are VERY cool!

But damn it I just want the devices! NOW!!!

On a real note I am looking forward to the devices. Colors are cool but a case can fix this.

Lets work on a release date before we get into color changes! Hows that sound? :P
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    white would be nice if they didnt use that rubbery material. my hands get too dirty, too often (sometimes going immediately to the phone) to consider a white phone
    Wash them more frequently... (Jobs Usage Paradigm)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12