Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/23/2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Ok?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Ok?
    Lol,It was supposed to be a link to a article.
    Fixed.
    Nice article! Reactions like this really bode well for the TouchPad.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nice article! Reactions like this really bode well for the TouchPad.
    Thanks,and I agree 100%. Its sad that one device would make someone more excited about another device coming.This part was too funny.

"I am as excited about the impending launch of the TouchPad more today than ever, and it is in part thanks to the BlackBerry PlayBook. Thatís not the intent of RIM, but it does confirm its good move in copying parts of webOS for the PlayBook".

(laughing at the playbook.)
    For me it was the total Opposite after seeing TouchPad videos. RIM has incorporated more gestures to the PlayBook UI than Palm WebOS originally had. HP has decided to eliminate some gestures from the UI to make it (I guess) more iPad like.

Being a Pre+ user, I find BB QNX more fun to use than the original WebOS.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    For me it was the total Opposite after seeing TouchPad videos. RIM has incorporated more gestures to the PlayBook UI than Palm WebOS originally had. HP has decided to eliminate some gestures from the UI to make it (I guess) more iPad like.

the basis of the article is stating they copied WebOS so that's why it is such a nice UI.But HP could always put those features in.Compared to what the Playbook don't have a launch makes it hard to believe that it is better then the touchpad.The TP has two many features beside apps.If your basing your OP on what Hp left out from webOS that's not a strong foundation to build such a basis. Just My OP
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    the basis of the article is stating they copied WebOS so that's why it is such a nice UI.But HP could always put those features in.Compared to what the Playbook don't have a launch makes it hard to believe that it is better then the touchpad.The TP has two many features beside apps.If your basing your OP on what Hp left out from webOS that's not a strong foundation to build such a basis. Just My OP
    I don't really find any similarities in the UI other than apps having the ability to be stacked side-by-side for multitasking. All other aspects of the OS looks and feels unique.
    Thanks for the article, it was a very nice read. I love seeing people's reactions to the TouchPad. There is something magical going on when you read multiple articles, written by well informed people who know the competitors, and they all are greatly eager to get one.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    Well, I never said that it is or isn't better than the TouchPad. I just enjoy more using my PB than my WebOS phone. I think that the TouchPad is a great product and will sell very well...

The writer does acknowledge that RIM has incorporated many things from WebOS but they also added to it...
    "Donít get me wrong, I think the RIM interface is very well done and while it uses some of the same methods found in webOS it is unique in many ways"
    I guess since I have used webOS since 2009, I see the Playbook's UI as a wannabe webOS...if you love Polo, then you will like Poro....you get the point.

So this will boil down to HP sounding the alarm on RIM's attempt to highjack MANY in your face components of webOS with STRONG marketing travel the road of Apple vs Sammy with a lawsuit if possible.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 04/23/2011 at 09:42 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Thanks for the article, it was a very nice read. I love seeing people's reactions to the TouchPad. There is something magical going on when you read multiple articles, written by well informed people who know the competitors, and they all are greatly eager to get one.
    Every article on the TP have been positive.So hopefully HP will not let us down.But if you love webOS like I do then I'm sure I will love the To.
  13.    #13  
    Well, I never said that it is or isn't better than the TouchPad. I just enjoy more using my PB than my WebOS phone. I think that the TouchPad is a great product and will sell very well...

The writer does acknowledge that RIM has incorporated many things from WebOS but they also added to it...
    "Donít get me wrong, I think the RIM interface is very well done and while it uses some of the same methods found in webOS it is unique in many ways"
    I agree it is unique in its own way. Besides they couldn't completely copy WebOS without a strong reaction from HPalm.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I guess since I have used webOS since 2009, I see the Playbook's UI as a wannabe webOS...if you love Polo, then you will like Poro....you get the point.

So this will boil down to HP sounding the alarm on RIM's attempt to highjack MANY in your face components of webOS through STRONG marketing or following Apple vs Sammy with a law suit if possible.
    I think they should market WebOS as a UI that other OS's strive to be.Case in point the BB Playbook.Plain and simple and that alone will put the Playbook out of people mind if the bad reviews have?t don't that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post

So this will boil down to HP sounding the alarm on RIM's attempt to highjack MANY in your face components of webOS with STRONG marketing travel the road of Apple vs Sammy with a lawsuit if possible.

I'm also an original Sprint Pre user. I see what RIM has taken from webOS and what they added to it to make it their own.

You seem to forget that Palm was criticized by the Apple faithful of copying many things from their UI and were expecting Apple to take Palm to court.

It is the opposite reaction in my case. The gestures we find in a webOS phone are really intuitive: Move back swiping from the right to the left, exit the application tapping the center and going forward by swyping from the left to the right (some apps use this last gesture in different ways, which I am against from because it is no longer a universal gesture).

In the other hand, the Playbook and QNX uses the gestures in a different way. Instead of being those intuitive gestures webOS has, we find bizzare gestures on QNX. For example, to open an app menu swipe from the top to the bottom of the display, to see the top bar swype from the upper left corner to the screen, to unlock the device swype from the left to the right, to open the keyboard swype from the bottom left corner to the center of the screen. Unlike webOS's gestures, QNX's ones are not intuitive and indeed just make the gesture area a complicate thing. The purpose of the gesture areas in my opinion is to facilitate the use of the device, and in the Playbook it just makes it harder.
    Every post like this makes even more impatient to get the touchpad. Hopefully, it will be out in june meaning that we only have a bit over a month left to wait!!!! They need to hurry and make a fool of all the other tablets out there!
    I'd kinda like to see a bunch of ads showing how Google and Blackberry 2011 are like Palm 2009.

If HP's marketing dept. was like Apple, they could show pictures and videos of Gandhi, and people cheering him; MLK, and people cheering him; webOS, and Android, QNX emulating it. Voice-over: "great movements need visionaries to lead them. Thank you for following our vision of simple usability. WebOS will continue to lead the charge."
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    It is the opposite reaction in my case. The gestures we find in a webOS phone are really intuitive: Move back swiping from the right to the left, exit the application tapping the center and going forward by swyping from the left to the right (some apps use this last gesture in different ways, which I am against from because it is no longer a universal gesture).

In the other hand, the Playbook and QNX uses the gestures in a different way. Instead of being those intuitive gestures webOS has, we find bizzare gestures on QNX. For example, to open an app menu swipe from the top to the bottom of the display, to see the top bar swype from the upper left corner to the screen, to unlock the device swype from the left to the right, to open the keyboard swype from the bottom left corner to the center of the screen. Unlike webOS's gestures, QNX's ones are not intuitive and indeed just make the gesture area a complicate thing. The purpose of the gesture areas in my opinion is to facilitate the use of the device, and in the Playbook it just makes it harder.
    Yes, somebody HAS to explain the swiping gestures (especially the corner ones) to people in order for them to use the Playbook --- and it will affect sales if no sales staff help them to play with it at Best Buy. But I don't think it would be a problem after someone gives them a 2 minute demo.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    No need to explain, two minutes of using the playbook and you have it, How long did it take to learn your Pre? Playbook is very easy, perfect size, great hardware, the best speakers bar none on any tablet, smooth, fast and yes that swipy goodness we all will miss on the Touchpad. It's a new product, ya have to give it a chance, even the Ipad had bugs and software issues at first launch. Software will come in time, all I know is, Hey H.P., when is sometime this summer? Playbooks here, not "sometime in the near future" I for one love the playbook, and it will only get better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast