1.    #1  
    Given the horrible reviews of the PlayBook, do you think it will impact HP's launch plans? It's clear that the media is not thrilled about features not present at launch "to be added with a future update."

From the San Francisco announcement event, it seemed like Touch-to-Share would not be fully functional at launch, ie, it would only support URLs, with support for apps to come later. How do you think HP will spin this?

Perhaps it was a good thing HP announced "summer" if that means they'll release a complete product, unlike RIM. But I worry that with the webOS 3.0 SDK just released and Enyo still in beta, critical apps like Skype will not be ready at launch.
    I think they have time to finish/improve
    WebOS 3.0.Plus TTS as it is will be a plus. Add to that taking calls or texts on your TP def helps.I'm excited about alot of features like The HP Stores (music and movie). So I don't think The TP will get the bad press the playbook got.The playbook never got good press anyway so I'm not surprised if these hyped up tablets all fall short excluding the TP. Where are some links of the playbook getting bad reviews after launching?
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Given the horrible reviews of the PlayBook, do you think it will impact HP's launch plans? It's clear that the media is not thrilled about features not present at launch "to be added with a future update."

From the San Francisco announcement event, it seemed like Touch-to-Share would not be fully functional at launch, ie, it would only support URLs, with support for apps to come later. How do you think HP will spin this?

Perhaps it was a good thing HP announced "summer" if that means they'll release a complete product, unlike RIM. But I worry that with the webOS 3.0 SDK just released and Enyo still in beta, critical apps like Skype will not be ready at launch.
    For a feature that they are 'creating' fully functional is defined as working. Sure they are going to add features, but the function will work.

It appears to me from videos and from a brief hands on that 3.0 is moving along nicely and that performance issues won't be much of an issue.

The difference with the Playbook is that there are critical features missing, such as all PIM if you don't have a Playbook. This is not the case with the TouchPad.
    lesson from playbook: bad until prooven great even so the playbook can fairly match the ipad 2 and even beat it in some features the reviews are bad cause till now ipad was the leader!!! Same will be with touchpad and pre3 but don't worry once it's out for some time if it's great it'll be prooven
    The difference between the Playbook and the Touchpad is that while the still-to-improve features on the PlayBook are some escentials such as a native e-mail client, the features to improve on the TouchPad (TTS) are features that are not included on any other tablet.