1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    We all know that Bing is the default search provider for the Touchpad, however the google maps support is still available. Which means we might have Google maps along with Bing.

See the below screenshot

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gbp; 04/14/2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: uploading correct image
    Interesting. I tried not to read too much into the screen shots as I imagine it is probably an incredibly early build. I think it is more for testing the framework and apps as opposed to using the OS.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    It would be nice to have both.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    It would be nice to have both.
    why shouldn't google bring their own google maps app via the app catalog?
    I think it is the link to the Bing Maps App. Since the emulator is still in beta, there are a lot of things yet to be finished. And maybe one of these unfinished things is the Maps app, where they haven't completely renamed the Just Type link from Google Maps to Bing Maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Because Google has never developed a maps app for any other platform other than their own. What would lead anyone to believe they'd spend the time/money to make one for webOS?

They've provided all the necessary API's to allow HP|Palm develop a native client in-house, just like Apple and others have.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Because the Google Maps app we have now was made by Palm and totally sucks. Google has no interest in making Android's competition look better than it already does.