Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Be the first to know when the HP TouchPad is available.

Now you can summit your information for to be contacted about availability:
    For small and medium business.

The HP TouchPad — the breakthrough webOS user interface fully realized in a tablet experience — is coming soon. Fill out the simple form below and we will contact you about availability.

Be the first to know when the HP TouchPad is available - HP Small and Medium Business
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for the tip. I just registered, hope to start hearing more about the Touch Pad from them soon.
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I figure someone in here will let me know when it's available. I get enough email spam as it is.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I figure someone in here will let me know when it's available. I get enough email spam as it is.
    I think precentral will be the first to know.
    Found this tidbit on the confirmation page. Interesting ......

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. We will be contacting you soon regarding HP TouchPad availability. If you do not receive a reply within five business days, please contact us at U.S. SMB web site feedback - HP Small and Medium Business and refer to the following information:

First name: name
    Last name: name
    Company name: xxxx
    Job Title: Senior Systems Analyst
    Company size: 999+
    Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
    Email address: xxxx@xxx.com

Confirmation: xxxxxxx
    Date submitted: Thu Apr 14, 2011

Waiting to see what they send me within 5 days .......

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Waiting to see what they send me within 5 days .......
    I'm assuming it's gonna be "Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. If you have received this mail in error, or have not signed up for this newsletter, click here to remove your adress from the mailing list".

By the way: I registered for the notification on the German site and got the following message:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewlett-Packard
    Vielen Dank. Sie zählen zu den ersten, die über HP TouchPad, Hp Veer und HP Pre3 informiert werden

(Thank you. You will be among the first to be informed about HP TouchPad, HP Veer and HP Pre3).
    So it's not just a TouchPad newsletter. Maybe we WILL hear from them soon because the Veer is supposed to be just around the corner (and has been for two months...)
    Actually, Got that "Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad. This automatically generated message is confirmation that we have received your request. Please do not reply to this message" almost immediately.
    In this "automatically generated message" the statement was repeated:
    "If you do not receive a reply within five business days, please contact us at U.S. SMB web site feedback - HP Small and Medium Business ....."

April 19th is right around the corner.

Maybe they need beta testers for the device!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I've signed up for these email announcements in the past and the email always came after the official announcement, which always came after the news was already leaked to sites like engadget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I've signed up for these email announcements in the past and the email always came after the official announcement, which always came after the news was already leaked to sites like engadget.
    Agreed it always seems like I get an email a day or so after the official announce and weeks after leaked dates.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
  10.    #10  
    I was wondering if sometimes happened that someone in another part of the world recieved first before us in the Americas, the e-mail.
    I registered. We'll see what happens.
    Registered and got a reply back from a Mr. Chad Allen from Inside Sales stating the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Allen
    Good Afternoon,

I was given your info and told that you are interested in the new HP Touchpad that is coming out. You can contact me when you get a chance and we can talk about the new product or I can help you with any other Business product that you are interested in. I can help you get better pricing or free shipping on most orders.

I look forward to speaking with you.
    It also included these links:

http://www.palm.com/us/ products/pads/touchpad/index. html?jumpid=ex_SEM_Google_HP_ TouchPad_Brand_PaidSearch

http://psgtoolsite.corp.hp. com/Document_Storage/ Marketing%20Aids%20and% 20Tools/webOS_Consumer_020911. pdf
    Got this email from an HP rep regarding the TouchPad...

"Hello,

My name is Nick Ruiz and I was following up on your recent inquiry about the new HP touchpad. I wanted to let you I will be your dedicated account rep for these so please save my contact info in the email signature below. If you have any questions at all about this please free to email me or call me. The latest spec sheet we have for this is below or you can go on the website www.palm.com/touchpad to check it out more info. As of right now the product should be available mid-summer and pricing will be available closer to actual launch date. Thanks and looking forward to working with you.

Color

Black

Operating system HP webOS

Display 9.7-inch XGA capacitive, multitouch screen with a vibrant 18-bit color, 1024x768 resolution display

Keyboard Virtual keyboard

Email1 Microsoft® Exchange email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology
    POP3/IMAP (Yahoo!® Mail, Gmail™, AOL, Hotmail®, etc.)

Messaging2 Integrated IM and SMS

GPS3 A-GPS (3G models only)

Digital camera Front-facing 1.3-megapixel webcam for live video calling4

Sensors Light sensor, accelerometer, compass (magnetometer), and gyroscope

Media formats supported Audio formats: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264

Wireless connectivity5 Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication;
    Bluetooth® wireless technology 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support

Memory6 Choose either 16GB or 32GB internal storage

Battery Rechargeable 6300 mAh (typical) battery

Connector Charger/microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed

Headphone jack 3.5mm stereo headset/headphone/microphone jack

Speakers Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio™

HP Touchstone for TouchPad7 Compatible

Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-CPU APQ8060 1.2GHz

Dimensions Width: 240mm (9.45 inches)
    Height: 190mm (7.48 inches)
    Thickness: 13.7mm (0.54 inches)

Weight Approximately 740 grams (1.6 pounds)

__________________________________********************____________

Nick Ruiz

<<staff edit>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/25/2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Id maybe take the guys details out of the message
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Id maybe take the guys details out of the message
    It was a mass email he sent out, don't think it will get him in trouble. If anything, might get him a sale.

If the mods think so, I'll do it...
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Ok... Call me stupid but what exactly are we supposed to be looking at here? It's a guy listing the specs of the TP which we already know and someone's contact details...

Edit: Now it's just the specs of the TP...
    Last edited by i_maq; 04/25/2011 at 02:46 PM.
    <<threads merged>>

I removed the information from the post for you... because of webcrawlers and spammers, it's always considerate to not post that info publicly.

Many people have received these emails after signing up for notification for HP TouchPad announcements on the link in this thread. I received one of these boilerplate emails also after signing up to be emailed when the TouchPad release is announced.
    So they are saying "mid-summer" now instead of just "summer"? Or have they been saying "mid-summer" all along? I haven't been paying attention too much.

So I guess that mean they are planning for a late July launch +/- a couple weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Ok... Call me stupid but what exactly are we supposed to be looking at here? It's a guy listing the specs of the TP which we already know and someone's contact details...

Edit: Now it's just the specs of the TP...
    It says mid-summer. Thought it would be nice to share since we have only heard summer previously.
    At the ThinkBeyond event they just said "summer", but I've noticed too that they've added the "mid" to that statement. I'm really liking that, but would love to know a month so I can my pennies counted.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast