1.    #1  
    Marketshare:
    2012: 3.9%
    2015: 3.0%
    for webOS on tablets
    from german IT-News site "Heise":
    heise online - Marktforscher: Apple bis 2015 Tablet-MarktfĂĽhrer (Bild)
    and here is the direct source-link:
    Gartner Says Apple iOS to Dominate the Media Tablet Market Through 2015, Owning More Than Half of It for the Next Three Years

I don't think, qnx will outsell webOS in regards to tablets.
    I noticed that too. I think this is pretty realistic. It's more reason to think the app development for the TouchPad won't be very strong. Gonna stay away from the TouchPad until its released and I see what the reviews are and how the developer reception is.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I noticed that too. I think this is pretty realistic. It's more reason to think the app development for the TouchPad won't be very strong. Gonna stay away from the TouchPad until its released and I see what the reviews are and how the developer reception is.
    I sincerely hope most people don't have the same attitude or it's DOA.
    Hmmm. How much of this speculation has Steve Jobs at the helm for the next 4 years? If no Stevie, no RDF. If old Stevie says something, like his off the cuff remark about 7 inlch tablets, will it have the same effect if Tim Cook says it? If no Steve in four years, RDF gets cut in half. Since he is releasing an authorized auto biography next year, the Second era of SJ may be coming to an end. That will throw that Garner report out of whack.
    It's very doubtful. Microsoft has this little thing called windows it will try to get tablet ready.

And trying to make webOS projections right now is just a shot in the dark. I would agree with being conservative. But that should be true with RIM as well.
    are people ready to buy a computer from a phone manufacturer? they haven't jumped all over motorola's xoom. maybe they wont care much about rimm's playbook.

hp has a shot
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's very doubtful. Microsoft has this little thing called windows it will try to get tablet ready.

And trying to make webOS projections right now is just a shot in the dark. I would agree with being conservative. But that should be true with RIM as well.
    Exactly, IDC even said WP7 would be 2nd in 2015 which i agree, Nokia the biggest phone manufacturer and seller is helping wp7

But, Media and hype helps a lot of people know what is iPad many people havent heard of WebOS or Toucpad,neither honeycomb, Xoom, G- slate

But the only thing that can match that hype is the release of windows 8 together with the tablet version, i predict that in the near future, iPad would be struggling to get a market foothold, android that came out after iOS beat iPhone, RIM has done so , WP7 would do that soon , WIndows has 90% market share, windows 8 would increase it firther by how much we dont know yet, and the tablet if u can remeber, galaxy tab 7 inch took 17 % share from iPad, with many honceycombs, Touchpad, ( which i would buy bcos of webOS ) and windows 8 tablet it would wrestle the iPad market and even have a chance to be at the top so essential IMO the end of Apple is near not to mention Jobs is ill and would be leaving any moment from now

But Windows 8 tablet would steal some market share
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Yup, Too early to make projections on the WebOS tablets. If anything Gartner is wrong on the Android tablets. They will eat into iPad's share before 2012. The honeycomb was not ready for tablets hence Moto and Sammy are catching up with Apple. But now with Android 3.0 getting better, Apple will loose this battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Here is a very interesting article that someone else posted elsewhere...

What tablets can learn from the iPod wars | iPad Atlas - CNET Reviews

It’s funny how people said the same things about the iPod that are now being said about the iPad. But, the iPod ruled and continues to rule 10 years later and Apple is using the same playbook for the iPad.

The iPhone was different in that it was tied to one network for 4 years in the U.S. BUT, everybody wants to totally ignore that HUGE fact when saying Android, that is on all networks, caught up to the iPhone.

With the iPad it will be different. It is currently available in many different locations and rumored to be coming to Toy ‘R’ Us.
    Thanks. Interesting article. Some key quotes:

"The iPad, like the iPod, is both a blessing and a curse for the competition. On the one hand, both of these products turned a struggling tech niche into a multimillion-dollar industry, opening the gates for competitors big and small to get a piece of the action.
    Unfortunately, in the case of both markets, it seems that optimism is in greater supply than actual opportunities."

"The iPad, on the other hand, hit the industry like a sucker punch. The majority of tablets that landed in its wake only served to prove that competitors were still too dizzy to understand what they were up against."

"If a tablet is going to knock Apple out of first place, the iPod has proved that a better spec sheet, lower price (though it helps), or a cooler marketing campaign aren't enough. There's no quick fix, and if you're not willing to put in the work, at least try something risky. After all, that's how we got the iPod."

All I can say is that HP has the model most simalar to Apple's, one company controlling hardware and hopefully app store, so I'm banking on them do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Here is a very interesting article that someone else posted elsewhere...

What tablets can learn from the iPod wars | iPad Atlas - CNET Reviews

I think Cardfan posted it:
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ml#post2934487
    Just call me Berd.
    Gartner is consistently and dramatically wrong. Take a look at their 2009 (only two years ago!) smartphone predictions for a good laugh.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Gartner is consistently and dramatically wrong. Take a look at their 2009 (only two years ago!) smartphone predictions for a good laugh.
    Couldn't agree more. Over the last 12 years of listening to gartner's analyses, more often then not their advice has led us into dead ends. I can't think of one time that I've ever thought "I wish Gartner had some advice for us" or "wow, that analyst from Gartner was spot on!"

It's all guess work based on loose numbers pulled from who knows where. No thank you. I'd prefer to see the product and not make business decisions based off of someone else's half assed guesswork.