Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's about the best and only promo I can think of that might make the world, and potential customers, notice.

Sure HP would lose money, but how serious are they about WebOS getting traction?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That's a little over the top honestly.. Give away 400$+tablet, I wouldn't be mad if they did that but its just not logical.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Agreed, that would be over the top. If they were to do something like that it would be the other way around, buy a Touch Pad get a Pre3, but even that isn't going to happen. More likely than that would be a potential discount for buying both at the same time, particularly to businesses.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Agreed, and they are much less likely to bundle a Pre3 than they are a veer because you fill the holes of one with the function of the other...i.e. the veer has no front facing camera, the pad does. the pad isnt as portable, the veer can go anywhere, any-where. The Pre3 is a tweener
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    If they included a TouchPad with a Pre 3, then I'd buy the Pre3 outright instead of signing a 3 year contract, not even a second thought on the issue. This would HAVE to be their marketing campaign:

Last edited by sledge007; 04/10/2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: link didn't work the first time
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The only way for webOS not to FAIL! (!!!) is if HP gives TouchPads away for free and includes a free car (big one, with a big engine and all tricked out) in the deal as well. Oh, and a few blonde bimbos in the backseat. Yeeeaaah! And beer. Lots of beer! For FREE! Only then does webOS have a chance, but even then only maybe.

PS: and I want a new free pair of sunshades with built-in bluetooth from HP as well. Should be Beats though, or why even bother. Otherwise I'll jump ship.
    A free can of unicorn meat would be more likely than that.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The beer is the deal breaker! And they better not include Öttinger
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    The only way for webOS not to FAIL! (!!!) is if HP gives TouchPads away for free and includes a free car (big one, with a big engine and all tricked out) in the deal as well. Oh, and a few blonde bimbos in the backseat. Yeeeaaah! And beer. Lots of beer! For FREE! Only then does webOS have a chance, but even then only maybe.

PS: and I want a new free pair of sunshades with built-in bluetooth from HP as well. Should be Beats though, or why even bother. Otherwise I'll jump ship.
    What???? You want to look like this??????

lol
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    HP Communities - The Best Company Car Ever - HP Communities

you get one of these for free as well

It better be Palm beer, or I'm done with webOS. It's bad enough they dropped the Palm name from everything else, at least include some Palm beer, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

At least one person would buy a Pre 3 then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    It's about the best and only promo I can think of that might make the world, and potential customers, notice.

Sure HP would lose money, but how serious are they about WebOS getting traction?

More like you get a discount for buying a Pre 3 if you buy a TouchPad. That is at least 10% possible.
  14.    #14  
    I dunno. You can get very nice high end tablets for under 4 hundred. They are going to have to do something extraordinary to make people risk a new Os for their tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I dunno. You can get very nice high end tablets for under 4 hundred. They are going to have to do something extraordinary to make people risk a new Os for their tablet
    HP is focused on the Enterprise. For the next year to 18 months, this will be a very rare product in the consumer space - if not forever. Most people that have the TP will be HP employees (and not because the company will hand them out, but they will buy them at about a 20% discount.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    HP is focused on the Enterprise. For the next year to 18 months, this will be a very rare product in the consumer space - if not forever. Most people that have the TP will be HP employees (and not because the company will hand them out, but they will buy them at about a 20% discount.)
    I think you'll prove to be wrong. We'll see.
    I would spend 600 on contract for a pre3 if it came with touchpad. What I don't want is to have a touchpad 3g on contract. Give me wifi only and let internals and freetether work their magic.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    I would spend 600 on contract for a pre3 if it came with touchpad. What I don't want is to have a touchpad 3g on contract. Give me wifi only and let internals and freetether work their magic.
    I totally agree.

Perhaps it's a bit silly to say the touchpad could be 'free', but you know marketing people - they will and should try to push the two bundled together for a low enough price that makes one or the other appear almost free.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verno329 View Post
    Agreed, that would be over the top. If they were to do something like that it would be the other way around, buy a Touch Pad get a Pre3, but even that isn't going to happen. More likely than that would be a potential discount for buying both at the same time, particularly to businesses.
    +1
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Now you talkin'! ;-)

On the other hand, it's not that HPalm has made a lot of smart decision lately or even " in the coming months"....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast