1.    #1  
    With all this talk about the TouchPad I was wondering what type of apps you would like to see on it. I myself would love to have a comic book reading app that can use cbr, cbz, and is possible cb7 formats.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    There's an app for the iPad, (think it's called GarageBand), it's basically a stomp box simulator for your guitar that gives such effects as distortion, chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, reverb, delay etc..... Now if (with a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter) I could plug my guitar into the TouchPad and use my TouchPad as an effects board....I think I would get as excited as my dog when I say the word "walk"
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    There's an app for the iPad, (think it's called GarageBand), it's basically a stomp box simulator for your guitar that gives such effects as distortion, chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, reverb, delay etc..... Now if (with a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter) I could plug my guitar into the TouchPad and use my TouchPad as an effects board....I think I would get as excited as my dog when I say the word "walk"
    Yea that would be a cool one.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    (\__/)
    Let's just cut to the chase:

A: All the apps the ipad has.
    Honestly, I don't really look at other platforms all that much...so I have no clue what I'm missing.

I always hear about those Bar-code Reader apps (REDLASER I think is one) that scans and provides pricing comparison info when shopping. That would be useful, but then till we get new hardware with auto-focus camera tech, I don't think it would be a great opportunity. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I would love netflix and comcast apps. After that a nook reader app would be good. It would be great to get some games that you can play across platforms like words with friends. Next would be unique apps that only HP can make for its other businesses like good melodeo (sp) and snapfish apps. This way the user can differentiate the TP from the other tablets out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post

I wouldn't say we need "all" the apps but certainly the top 50 or 100 apps for both iOS and Android would leave little to complain about for most people.
    NEED:

-Choices in web browsers so people can get what they want.
    -Full PDF support
    -True document creation and editing that can put things on Google docs and save as Word
    -Real Robust Calendar with Agenda
    -App like "Pulse" optimized for tablet. Really need great news and media feed apps
    -The media things, Netflix, Nook, Kindle

WANT
    - Games! More Games! Great Games!
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I wouldn't say we need "all" the apps but certainly the top 50 or 100 apps for both iOS and Android would leave little to complain about for most people.
    But what you consider to be "top 50" might not be my same "top 50". Need diversity to appeal to a broader range of people.

For me personally, I have a whole list, too many to list here. Currently I have around 175 apps installed on the iPad.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    NEED:

-Choices in web browsers so people can get what they want.
    -Full PDF support
    -True document creation and editing that can put things on Google docs and save as Word
    -Real Robust Calendar with Agenda
    -App like "Pulse" optimized for tablet. Really need great news and media feed apps
    -The media things, Netflix, Nook, Kindle

WANT
    - Games! More Games! Great Games!
    I agree. I would love to see Firefox and/or Oprea on the TouchPad. Not that the TouchPads browser will be bad but like you said its great to have options.
    (\__/)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkozaine View Post
    I agree. I would love to see Firefox and/or Oprea on the TouchPad. Not that the TouchPads browser will be bad but like you said its great to have options.
    You spoke my mind. And I use x-marks extension for bookmarks. That would be great to go along with firefox.
    Other apps I'm interested in are:
    Mint, remote desktop (realvnc logmein etc), full flash for browser, banking apps, very good PDF reader that supports drm. Notes taking app that can be categorized
    "It's Deductible"
    Apps to stream ESPN3 and Big Ten Network online content.
    A video editing app like iMovie (this would be made better with a rear camera!)
    Tweet Deck
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post

yep. i want "all" of them. i want variety and choice. It's less about a type of app too but apps from certain companies, or web properties.
    Honestly, I only want one kind of app, and I would pay $20 for it: a really solid PIM app like one of these:

IPad PIM Apps | Ipad Dispatch - Your source for Ipad News

If I could ask for two, it would be a note taking app that is pen based like one of these:

A closer look at the HTC Flyer's screen, stylus, and Scribe -- Engadget

HTC Flyer parades its many unique qualities in latest video from the company -- Engadget

This would really make this a fantastic tool!
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I posted a couple of months ago that I would not "need" a touchpad until there was a genealogy app available. I guess I'll have to get the touchpad as soon as it is available. GenTree developed by jbg7474 is out in the beta feed:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...bgapps.gentree
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Honestly, I only want one kind of app, and I would pay $20 for it: a really solid PIM app like one of these:

IPad PIM Apps | Ipad Dispatch - Your source for Ipad News

If I could ask for two, it would be a note taking app that is pen based like one of these:

A closer look at the HTC Flyer's screen, stylus, and Scribe -- Engadget

HTC Flyer parades its many unique qualities in latest video from the company -- Engadget

This would really make this a fantastic tool!
    Wow yes that PIM app looks great. WebOS really could use something like that. Maybe we can talk the creator into porting over.
    (\__/)