Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I want to play Angry Birds on a 10" screen..simple as that!
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Tablet function is extremely limited, unless its much more portable than a laptop, its advantages are small.

I would agree a 7" pad is extremely portable, hold for prolonged period in one hand, fit in pocket. But a 10" pad? no, a 10" pad constantly needs a surface to lay on, and need a bag to carry, can't be used in many more places than a laptop. Mainly, home, office, passenger seat.

7" tab has its place in a phone-tab-laptop-desktop line up (maybe completely for many people), 10" tab is awkward, it can't replace laptop, and it can't go where laptop can't.
    Having owned a number of laptops in varying sizes (including a 10” netbook) and a 10” tablet, I have to disagree with you.

A tablet (even a 10” one) is markedly more portable than a laptop (or how you make it out to be.)

A person shouldn’t knock it until they try it.

-Suntan
    i have to agree, i have several different laptops/netbooks, from a little 9 inch all the way up to 19 inches,, plus a desk top with a 24 inch screen. a 10 inch screen with a portable aspect that will come from a tablet is a plus.. the sooner the better..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    I actually think HP is on to something with their marketing of the Veer along with the TouchPad. I think a lot more people will switch to the veer for the simple tasks of being an actual phone first, then e-mail and other functions second, and then have the TouchPad for major web surfing and e-mails. It comes back to the classic argument of separating the functions of the smart phone to their separate devices again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingsEighth View Post
    I actually think HP is on to something with their marketing of the Veer along with the TouchPad. I think a lot more people will switch to the veer for the simple tasks of being an actual phone first, then e-mail and other functions second, and then have the TouchPad for major web surfing and e-mails. It comes back to the classic argument of separating the functions of the smart phone to their separate devices again.
    Only problem is that you have to pay same data plan as other big screen smartphone. If hp can land the deal with the carrier to reduce the data plan on veer, I can see there's market for it. Otherwise it's going to be really hard to convince potential smartphone buyer or existing customers to get veer.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Only problem is that you have to pay same data plan as other big screen smartphone. If hp can land the deal with the carrier to reduce the data plan on veer, I can see there's market for it. Otherwise it's going to be really hard to convince potential smartphone buyer or existing customers to get veer.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Agreed. But it's even worse, right now the track record for these types of components (tablets or even the atrix dock.) If you want mobile net access on these things, either pay to have a standalone account for them, or pay a fee to tether them to your phone.

Want to use your veer and a TP while on the go? Need to pay in full for data on both units.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Agreed. But it's even worse, right now the track record for these types of components (tablets or even the atrix dock.) If you want mobile net access on these things, either pay to have a standalone account for them, or pay a fee to tether them to your phone.

Want to use your veer and a TP while on the go? Need to pay in full for data on both units.

-Suntan
    Not if they go the Apple route.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12