Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I remember in the leak it talked about having a 64GB version and support for a future 128GB version, I just don't get why they scrapped it.
    Sure there'll be cloud services, but every OS has access to the cloud...But that's no excuse not to have adequate on-device storage.

If a tablet is to replace a computer, I want it to have competitive storage for music, videos, etc.

This is a possible dealbreaker for me. Anyone else in this boat?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    "If a tablet is to replace a computer"

I'm not sure that is the case for everyone. I still have\need my pc's and a netbook, but would possibly use a tablet to just consume content. For me its not one over the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I remember in the leak it talked about having a 64GB version and support for a future 128GB version, I just don't get why they scrapped it.
    Sure there'll be cloud services, but every OS has access to the cloud...But that's no excuse not to have adequate on-device storage.

If a tablet is to replace a computer, I want it to have competitive storage for music, videos, etc.

Not a deal breaker for me, especially since cloud storage will be available. Also, a 64GB and 128GB version would initially have a much higher price tag.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I wouldn't say to scrap it but rather put off for the next model to justify a difference.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Not a complete deal breaker as the tablet industry hasn't developed enough yet to swallow PCs. By 2013, the tablet industry will be far enough to replace your everyday PC. I don't need 9999 Teribites of storage yet. Just enough to hold my music, videos, apps, and documents that I need on the go. 32 GB is plenty for me but still could fill 64GB. I still remember when I had the old iPod classic before they remade it. It was a 80 GB version and I had my whole movie library on it. Lets just say I was never without my share of Steve Migaret, or Mr. T and Merdock.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Not a complete deal breaker as the tablet industry hasn't developed enough yet to swallow PCs. By 2013, the tablet industry will be far enough to replace your everyday PC. I don't need 9999 Teribites of storage yet. Just enough to hold my music, videos, apps, and documents that I need on the go. 32 GB is plenty for me but still could fill 64GB. I still remember when I had the old iPod classic before they remade it. It was a 80 GB version and I had my whole movie library on it. Lets just say I was never without my share of Steve Migaret, or Mr. T and Merdock.
    A-Team if I am right.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I don't want my tablet to replace my computer. I want it to complement my desktop (for major work on a big screen), laptop (for minor work a small screen is enough on) and smartphone; it'd be a sort of multi-use e-reader for me. Unnecessary but helpful and nice to have around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkozaine View Post
    A-Team if I am right.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yup, you got it! A Team and Hawaii five-0
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Maybe Palm will enable connecting and loading files from external usb devices? LET ME DREAM!
    I wouldn't mind a tablet replacing my laptop. IMO a great tablet would be one that dual booted between webos/android and Windows. Then have like a laptop dock sort of thing. Where you could just dock the screen on some keyboard and carry it around like a laptop. THAT would rock.

As for media how I handle it across different devices is I have my 1TB external HDD networked. Every media device in my house has access to it.