Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    One day I was just sitting home surfing through Precentral like I do everyday when I have time.I noticed there is a forum that asked the question.If you could add something to the TP what would it be?
    I posted my response and that was that.
    So then I started craving for WebOS hardware and I started to surf anywhere to find it.Not pics or atricles,I needed to see live action.So I stopped pass youtube and watched a few vids about the TP and had my fix for the day.I been thinking about and comparing the pros and cons of each tablet coming out.Then one day after reading some precentral forums,posts,and youtube videos.It hit me that I love WebOS and that no matter if I complained that it needed a not so big of a deal for it first device feature.I came out of my small bubble and give in to the fact that after complaining about one or two missing features or a launch date.I WILL STILL GET THE TOUCHPAD over everything else!! WebOS is so simple but yet so advance.The pre was my first touchscreen and I was hook before I even touched it.And with the way the TP will be connected with other WebOS devices it's a no brainer.I already have a place picked out for it in my room,lol. I even pictured it sitting on my dresser with a clock or date displayed kinda like an alarm clock.So today I make peace with wether or not to get another tablet .My choice is the TP.
    Is there anybody that wants to make this same peace if you haven't already?
    Last edited by prethadd81; 04/04/2011 at 08:48 PM.
    I've seen it up close and some of the things it can do... whether it is missing something out of the box or not, I'm in for one!
    I think I will be picking one up too.
  4.    #4  
    That's 3 and counting!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I will definitely get one. I've owned both iPads and sold both. Can't wait for the TP.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    can't afford it, a phone and laptop is enough for me.
    There will be 2 touchpads, 1 Pre 3 and I hope a Veer (for the wife who is rocking the Pixi) if HP makes 1 for Sprint. I am with you, I just love webOS.

PS: I am using a Blackberry Torch via work, other than VERY solid hardware and a battery that seems to last for 8 days...lol, there is NOTHING about its OS that gets me excited. I find myself getting fustrated b/c there are NO cards, cant swipe, NO ease of navigation, etc.

Did I mention I LOOOOOVE webOS!
  8.    #8  
    You guys are funny!! But I'll be cool.lol
    That's 5 and counting!!!
    The brand new Best Buy had a Xoom, iPad 2 and Galaxy on display. Much to my surprise, none were in use.

Had a chance to play with them all. Honeycomb is beautiful, but it seems gimmicky. iPad 2's thinness is a freaking marvel, and I'll never praise a Steve Jobs product again. But it's iOS and the limitations suck. I was really intrigued by the Galaxy's size, but it seems slow. Granted this is with 5 minutes each with the devices, but still, it's about first impressions.

All have their ups and downs, but I know WebOS too well and am fascinated by the connected devices idea since 95% of my time with it will be sitting on the couch.

Was in Staples today and saw their poster for the TP. Tough to wait, but I'll be here, HP.
    I agree Honeycomb may be good in its next flavor, but for now...to many gimmicks to make it worth buying. What good is multitasking that isn't usable. Looking forward to checking out the Touchpad and also hoping to have the money. Sorli...
    I have the feeling I'll get one, assuming it can do what I need in classes. I'm gonna go into CS , though, and a netbook would probably be better for making and compiling code... But if I get a netbook I still want a TouchPad. XD
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 04/04/2011 at 10:23 PM.
    I'm totally in. Pre3 and the TouchPad at the same time.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've seen it up close and some of the things it can do... whether it is missing something out of the box or not, I'm in for one!
    Yes I'am def green with envy myself.
    Count me in. I just hope i won't be too dissapointed. I am using a motorola xoom right now and i really am liking it quite a bit. Android 3.0 is great. I am still a webos fan to heart, but I just hope it doesnt dissapoint.
    I think the Topaz is going to be the one to watch as well
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Have they given a time frame for the Topaz?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I can't say that much because I don't know much about it.I like the size compared to the smaller Topaz.It probably will be nice too but I know I want the TouchPad.
    I'm not sold yet, it it has HDMI and USB host then I am in for sure. If it doesnt have those 2 then we'll see.

Might wait for the topaz anyways, will play a bit with the playbook (same size and running basically RIM's version of WebOS) to see if I want to consider waiting for the smaller more portable size.

One thing for sure I will be waiting for the specs of the Topaz before I make up my mind. You know in addition to the HDMI/usb
    there was never a doubt in my mind that I would be getting a Pre 3 and a touchpad. Both are perfect devices.

I even upgraded to the pre 2 and if quality is better than the pre 2, the pre 3 will not disappoint.
  20.    #20  
    I hope they sell the pre3 and TouchPad as a bundle deal.That would be a wonderful way to make things right.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast