Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Count me in for a TouchPad and Pre 3!
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I hope they sell the pre3 and TouchPad as a bundle deal.That would be a wonderful way to make things right.
    Might as well. Especially since they should be released at the same time. I'm hoping it's the same day, so I can drop a ridiculously large amount of money at once, but I'll want em both anyway!
    Ditto for me too, hopefully HP will have bundle packages for either the Pre 3/TP or Veer/TP, and while I am wishing, it will be offered on the Sprint network
    I already have the money saved up and waiting. Heres hope the story about a 64gb TouchPad is true.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Count me among, am getting it too
    yeah, I'm in for one too.

Also a pre3

also the 7" tab as long as I can view pdf's with reliability.
    Definitely getting the TP - Possibly the Pre3 if there's some sort of combo-deal on it.
    Just wanted to interject with a little bit of common sense...

I'm not going to buy this thing without reading reviews, getting a hands-on experience for myself, and observing the developer interest for it. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I'm not going to buy this thing without reading reviews, getting a hands-on experience for myself, and observing the developer interest for it. Just saying.
    +1
    nope. I may consider an Opal, IF it does skype video, full office, and full browser.
    I'm gana get it. Don't know when though, but I sure am saving up my pennies! Already got 32 cents! Just 49968 cents let to go!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Touchpad & Pre3 FTW. I am so frustrated with people saying 'its too late' for the Touchpad, when realistically we are the people who decide that.
    Most of the universe doesn't have a tablet, and two months from now we will probably be in the same place. I want one because it feels like a personal, digital journal (if you think of the UI as a physical space, it is quite appealing for brainstorming, creativity, etc).
    WebOS is so simple and elegant, if the world wants more iPads they can take them. We are the few, the proud, the WebOS crowd.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I am Palm faithful since 1994 before they even had Palm III. I believe webOS will be superior for what I need eventually. Wasn't willing to jump in to version 1 hardware with in-process OS. Frankly, I'm still missing things from PalmOS.

I ordered the iPad2 with full knowledge that it may be retired in 18 months when 4G tablets with gesture areas and enterprise apps get serious.

The Touchpad will be innovative. It will finally get some apps like Kindle. It may even be better than the iPad2. I just made my decision because I know iPad2 will have more apps, more accessories, and more adoption in my office.

I'm glad there are those without these constraints to keep the banner going and I hope HP is "all in" to fight the market share battle that's in front of them. Hopefully, they have enough patents that the key features aren't all stolen and used by players with greater market share.
    I was in Best Buy last weekend, and played with the Galaxy Tab, Xoom, the iPad2 (and even played with the iPhone 4).

Um... no Palm/HP hardware to play with.. totally another thread..

Anyway...

All of the tablets were neat little toys, but, that's pretty much it. Just toys, to me.

The iPad2 stood out with its speed.. not that the other tablets were slow, by any means, but, the iPad2 was just SO responsive.. very impressive.

Still, I wouldnt buy one, as I have no need or desire, yet.

The Touchpad, on the other hand, seems to be designed from the ground up to be useful in email, messaging, media and yes, even telephony/video chatting - so, IF I ever did have the hankering for one, that would be the one to get, for me, if it is built as well as it should be, and performs well.

BTW, I know everyone keeps talking about how light and thin the iPad2 is, and the other tablets are tyring to follow suit... I hope HP keeps the TouchPad in the "substantial" range size/weight-wise.... the other devices felt really "breakable" to me.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I would like to think I'm going to get one as soon as it's out, and that's still what I'm hoping to do. We'll see what happens.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreG8ter View Post
    I would like to think I'm going to get one as soon as it's out, and that's still what I'm hoping to do. We'll see what happens.

Good hunting for us all!
    I'd very much like to make the TouchPad my first tablet, speaking as an Apple ******. If HP can nail the price and developers, I'll definitely pick one up.
  18.    #38  
    It just hit me that June is next month.Hopefully they will release it soon.
    As a Palm/Handspring old timer, I love the attitude of the OP. I've thought what he said many times. I don't care if it takes until March next year, there will be not tablet in this house but a Touch Pad, and that is that!

My father in law is a Dr. and has every Apple gadget ever made, in serial, I mean you can see the history of Apple at his house. He sells nothing. So I've had my chance to play at length with the iphones, all of them, and the iPads, all of them. No matter, even with heavy pressure from him, WebOS.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sandlizard View Post
    As a Palm/Handspring old timer, I love the attitude of the OP. I've thought what he said many times. I don't care if it takes until March next year, there will be not tablet in this house but a Touch Pad, and that is that!
    I don't know if it will be the only tablet because there's no way my gf will be touching my TP.( hands off my TP!!!) jk But I was just admitting what everybody refuse to say.I've had my pre- since november of 2009 5 days before my B-day and I haven't had another phone since.I have had one pre replacement but that was a month and half ago.My point is that WebOS is def the best out there so why wouldn't I get a TP?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12