1.    #1  
    I know Cablevision now has a Optimum App for the iPad, but how about one for the Touchpad?

I sent email asking if they are planning one. Maybe if more people also send email asking for it we might have a chance on getting it.
    HBO Go is also launching on the iPad May 2nd!
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I know Cablevision now has a Optimum App for the iPad, but how about one for the Touchpad?

I sent email asking if they are planning one. Maybe if more people also send email asking for it we might have a chance on getting it.
    It is also on Android too.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, webOS gets no respect!

Just got auto reply back saying that they will contact me within 3 business days regarding this issue. Not expecting good news
    Did I miss the Touchpads Launch?? Are we complaining about the supposed lack of apps on unreleased hardware now? Wow!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    There ain't nothin' PreCentral can't complain about. No announcement of new hardware? Complain about lack of news. Announcement of new hardware? Complain about too early announcements. New hardware announced? Complain about not being quick enough even if it's blistering. NDA exists? Complain about lack of news, again. NDA is broken? Complain that there's news. No apps available for unreleased hardware whose software is under NDA? Complain about lack of news, again... again.

For future reference: webOS becomes most widely-used operating system in the world? Complain that it's not cool and underground anymore and that HP "sold out" when they released all those apps for the TouchPad.

(This is a fractal post by the way: "PreCentral people complain about stuff? Complain about PreCentral people complaining about stuff.")
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    There ain't nothin' PreCentral can't complain about. No announcement of new hardware? Complain about lack of news. Announcement of new hardware? Complain about too early announcements. New hardware announced? Complain about not being quick enough even if it's blistering. NDA exists? Complain about lack of news, again. NDA is broken? Complain that there's news. No apps available for unreleased hardware whose software is under NDA? Complain about lack of news, again... again.

For future reference: webOS becomes most widely-used operating system in the world? Complain that it's not cool and underground anymore and that HP "sold out" when they released all those apps for the TouchPad.

(This is a fractal post by the way: "PreCentral people complain about stuff? Complain about PreCentral people complaining about stuff.")
    This made me LoL out loud .. Lol..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

Haha. WebOS users are the hipsters. They probably will, but really, the only way that happens for me is if they block homebrew and start restricting the developers on the system... Such as what's going on in Android right now (or as I understand it).

But back on topic, I'm hoping to see these kind of apps available on the TP. Would finally make use for my Dish DVR to be connected to the interwebs.
  9.    #9  
    I wasnt complaining about it. Based on the webOS numbers we will be asking for alot of apps to be added on launch day. Just trying to put the bug in their ear ahead of time.

No surprises here - Cablevision response:

Thank you for writing.* There are no plans thus far.* We appreciate your suggestion and will take it into consideration.
    Last edited by miles4000; 04/05/2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Maybe we can put together a standard email that not only requests an app, but points them in the right direction. Something along the lines of "Hello, are you planning to release your app on HP webOS? If not, why? It's very easy to get started, take a look at [link to the developer pages]. If you have an existing app, you could easily port it using the PDK. Learn more about that at [link to PDK]."
  11.    #11  
    Not sure how many Cablevision users are on Precentral that even know about this app being available. Just sending any email about this should help. But until the device is released and seeing how it does, we will be waiting awhile for apps like this to be added. Also hopefully HP is working on Music\Video services for the Touchpad.
    all i want is the darn thing to be released.. got to play with a Playbook today.. looks pretty damn good all things considered.. However, i understand, that bell rogers and telus have not allowed the Blackberry bridge software into the app store, the same applies to AT&t.
    A work around has been setup over at Crackberry so thppppt to the carriers..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.