Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Will I be able to run another browser? Can I run 2 separete browsers at same time? Also I'm presently bringing an IPAD 2 to Argentina for a friend, but my friend cares mostly about playing facebook games on the tablet...in other words, Zynga Flash games. Probably not too into Apps, friend never had Iphone so is not use to it.

I want to find out if it will be possible also if the browser will function like a regular browser where Chat is also available from it.

These answers will basically make us not open the Ipad 2 box because I will have to resell it on my return and my friend will rather wait for Touchpad.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Well the Touchpad has Flash within the native browser so your friend could in theory play FB games on the Touchpad but not on the iPad.

If by running 2 browsers at the same time you mean 2 different browser windows then yes you can, much more than just 2.

The Touchpad browser seems to render just the same as a pc browser so FB chat should be possible, although you will be able to use the built in chat for FB chat.
    the key words are... 'could'... and 'should'... but honestly i dont think anyone knows for sure until it comes out.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I understand. It seems my friend would like to wait and compare both but since I am bringing the IPAD 2, just wants to open it and try it. I already know it won't do FB Games and Chat "IN BROWSER" like a regular pc. Those are the concerns. The price is $200 lower because Im bringing it and the touchpad will probably be more expensive "GSM"? and I will have to either ship it or (pay fees along with it) or purchase it herself there.

Could care less about rear camera, HDMI would be nice to have but not a big deal according to her. So a pc "Acting" browser is all she cares....
    Last edited by Gianny; 04/03/2011 at 01:25 PM.
    there is another browser available for purchase in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    So a pc "Acting" browser is all she cares....
    TouchPad then
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is another browser available for purchase in the app catalog.
    I think there is but I forgot its name. Also I know a version of Firefox was made for WebOS but not released, so heres hopeing that one will be made for the TouchPad and/or Veer and Pre3.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    That would be Awesome if Firefox were released on WebOs I wish the touchpad were here now to answer all this concerns...because $900-$1000 abroad is not cheap for a GSM +WiFi.
    That would be Awesome if Firefox were released on WebOs I wish the touchpad were here now to answer all this concerns...because $900-$1000 abroad is not cheap for a GSM +WiFi.
    wow that is Pricey. It always amazed me how adding a 3g radio to some of these tablets brings the price up by $100-$150. I don't know how the priceing all works but I really don't think a 3g radio is that pricey.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I understand. It seems my friend would like to wait and compare both but since I am bringing the IPAD 2, just wants to open it and try it. I already know it won't do FB Games and Chat "IN BROWSER" like a regular pc.
    Correct. She won't be able to use the Zynga games, not sure about chat. On the TouchPad though, FB chat can be integrated into the system, and she won't need the browser chat. If she wants the browser chat though, you can pull it up no problem (I can do it on my Pre).

Zynga, Facebook and HP should hook up and push the TP for these purposes
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I moved from Palm Pre to HTC Evo, but I will probably go back when touchpad and Pre 3 come out. I have used the Pre-Chat, but didn't know FB was integrated. She will probably enjoy that if a notification pops up when she is playing FB Zynga games. She will use it for business/healthcare but during those relax moments she loves those games.