Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Who would buy a touchpad if it came bundled with Beats by Dr Dre Headphones? I cant be the only one willing to get this bundle ..... They did it with laptops last year so I know its possible.
    I don't know if they'll do it during launch, but I can certainly see them doing a bundle like this towards the end of the year during the holidays. Or maybe even as a back to school bundle for the end of summer.

I hope they do the bundle, but even if they don't I probably will end up buying a pair of Beats headphones.
    I purchased a pair of beats headphones, the in ear ones. I was very dissapointed. But then again, those headphones are geared toward the hip hop and rap listener, which I am not. I am the jazz and classical listener. I purchased the monster turbines after I returned the beats, and I really liked those, except they still lacked a bit of clarity for my jazz music. They had an artificial bass, too much of it. I kept those headphones and also purchased Bose in ear headphones. I fell in love immediately. I think Bose is really designed for the classical and jazz sphere because they sound lacking in the hip hop and rap area, and ciukd use a bit of work on the rock genre, which is why I kept my turbines. I use the Bose much more often since I listen to a lot more jazz than anything else. I just hope that the sound card on the touchpad will be able to really boost up the quality of music from the touchpad to my Bose earphones. I have the motor xoom right now and I am typing on it now and listening to music. The sound card in this baby is amazing. I really enjoy listening to my tunes on it. Let's hope the touchpad can match this or beat it.
    I thought I would just mention... if you are going to implore to god to give you earphones... you should pick some that an audiophile would want... not a gimmick.

Buying a set of dre beats is like going out to look for a Rolex... and buying a Folex because someone fooled you.
    I have a pair of Beats and could not recommend them to anyone. They sound decent, but they're terrible quality. I wish I had done more research when I first bought them because I could have gotten a lot better headphones for half the price.

You're buying the name, not quality. :-\
    Ahh..the power of marketing.
    Yea, the Beats by Dre stuff is just overpriced well marketed average headphones.

And I could think of plenty of bundles that would be of better value than headphones... A touchstone charging station, a pouch with solar panels that would charge the touchpad, a mifi bundle, a coffe machine and a blanket for cold winter evenings, or whatever...
    Strange. One of the best independent hip hop producers out there right now said he wouldn't ever do product placement, but he highly recommends the Beats headphones and says they are probably the best ways to hear everything in his music. And this is coming from someone who layers the hell out of his songs to the point where you hear different sounds even after the 100th time you've listened to it (in a good way, of course). Maybe it's due to the fact that they may be geared more for hop hop.

Anyway, I've been hoping for this too as I'm likely to purchase a pair when I buy my TP. It's a win-win for HP if they do it from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Strange. One of the best independent hip hop producers out there right now said he wouldn't ever do product placement, but he highly recommends the Beats headphones and says they are probably the best ways to hear everything in his music. And this is coming from someone who layers the hell out of his songs to the point where you hear different sounds even after the 100th time you've listened to it (in a good way, of course). Maybe it's due to the fact that they may be geared more for hop hop.

Anyway, I've been hoping for this too as I'm likely to purchase a pair when I buy my TP. It's a win-win for HP if they do it from the beginning.
    If you're referring to Dre, you do realize he's paid to use his name and also more than likely paid to say those things. Promotion, if you will.

Like I said above, they're not terrible sounding headphones (however, there are much better sounding for better or equally priced), it's the build quality. They feel cheap, they are cheap. Do a quick Google search for broken beats.
    I love hip hop music, I own Beats Studio. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone either. They sound good but not the best thing around.
    These are my recommendation :
    Sennheiser USA - Around Ear Headphones - Acoustic Headphones - HD 558 - Audiophile - Personal Audio
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    If you're referring to Dre, you do realize he's paid to use his name and also more than likely paid to say those things. Promotion, if you will.
    Notice I said independent. Of course Dre would push his own products, why wouldn't he?
    honestly, dont care about the headphones, I have a nice modded set of my own. What I want is a Envy 14 with Touchpad bundle.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    honestly, dont care about the headphones, I have a nice modded set of my own. What I want is a Envy 14 with Touchpad bundle.
    agreed. but I dont want to get another Laptop without a guarantee that webOS for PC will be on it. I have a dv6 I bought in August that I have no problem parting with.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    when did people stop slapping other people for buying 250 dollar headphones?
    I don't really care about a headphone bundle, instead how about a TouchPad and Pre 3 bundle. As far as webOS on your HP laptop, I don't see why that can't be just a software upgrade.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I would be happy with beats by dre Tour in ear buds.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Nothing wrong with $250 headphones. Just make sure their good ones.
    your right, there is absolutely nothing wrong with $250 headphones, and they sound great. I personally just cant justify spending half of an ipad on headphones. Different strokes for different folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokal View Post
    a coffe machine and a blanket for cold winter evenings, or whatever...

Oooooh a Keurig!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Oooooh a Keurig!!!

Ohh, a Keurig running WebOS, my new dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    Ohh, a Keurig running WebOS, my new dream.
    That can download your own personal flavor via a meta-doctor or just buy via the app catalog!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast