Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I purchased a pair of beats headphones, the in ear ones. I was very dissapointed. But then again, those headphones are geared toward the hip hop and rap listener, .
    As a hip hop listener I can tell you they are awful headphones especially for the price, heck even bose are cheaper and provide better quality sound, the brand IMO that are the best considering the price are V-moda, there stuff can be found very cheap off ebay and their older stuff was very base heavy, now its very balanced and they are more comfortable to put in your ears.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I only said the beats by dre because they are made by HP. I know there are better headphones for the money. BUT HP doesnt make them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    I only said the beats by dre because they are made by HP. I know there are better headphones for the money. BUT HP doesnt make them.
    I may be wrong but HP does not make Beats by Dre headphones. I believe Monster Cable Products makes Beats By Dre headphones. Maybe HP bought Monster and i missed it but i didn't think so. Beats by Dre's upcoming Microphones are made by Blue Microphones.

I don't have a problem with the headphones other then they are expensive and i question the build quality of all but the ungodly expensive Pro versions. The problem is the headphones are worth about half the cost of tablet. I would say i don't really care if they aren't the best or the best for audiophiles. One thing is good or not they sell well so there is a good marketing aspect to that and two most people aren't audiophiles and don't care. I mean if i want to sit in a silent room and listen to Jazz i can get some thing else. But if i'm a loud crowded train and want to hear some Mobb Deep well Beats may do the job. Besides the audio recording on most music especially hip-hop is utter garbage anyways. And no doubt they sell well so if it attracts people regardless of sound quality i'd have to think it's a good idea if it's financially doable. All that being said it doesn't change the fact that to bundle them is probably gonna be tough cause they are so expensive and that just mean HP would have to eat the difference of $200 on each tablet.

what i could see though is them collaborating with Beats by Dre to make maybe Touchpad/Pre 3 Beats by Dre designed earbuds or maybe cheaper headphones similar to the Solos.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I love hip hop music, I own Beats Studio. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone either. They sound good but not the best thing around.
    These are my recommendation :
    Sennheiser USA - Around Ear Headphones - Acoustic Headphones - HD 558 - Audiophile - Personal Audio
    I totally agree with u. I own senn headsets. Real audiophiles quality and build. I mostly enjoy them at home. My only problem is that I can't carry them around. Once I wore than on a plane. People were looking at me like I'm an alien. It's too bulky for travel. But I have never heard music like that... Ever
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I don't really care about a headphone bundle, instead how about a TouchPad and Pre 3 bundle. As far as webOS on your HP laptop, I don't see why that can't be just a software upgrade.
    I think a Veer and TouchPad bundle is far more likely.
    the problem is neither the veer or the touchpad are likely to have the pop culture appeal and draw that beats by dre headsets do. So i'm not sure that bundle would really be a draw by itself.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I may be wrong but HP does not make Beats by Dre headphones. I believe Monster Cable Products makes Beats By Dre headphones. Maybe HP bought Monster and i missed it but i didn't think so. Beats by Dre's upcoming Microphones are made by Blue Microphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    the problem is neither the veer or the touchpad are likely to have the pop culture appeal and draw that beats by dre headsets do. So i'm not sure that bundle would really be a draw by itself.
    They have it on the HP site

HP® - Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High-Definition Headphones customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings and as far as pop culture is concerned the touchpad was in the eminem dr dre video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    They have it on the HP site

HP® - Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High-Definition Headphones customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings and as far as pop culture is concerned the touchpad was in the eminem dr dre video.
    Yes they do. But being on the website does not mean they manufacture it which was my point. If you manufacture it their costs are likely lower per headset so if they bundle it its not a big financial hit. (like samsung making it's own memory for it's phones and tablets). It may only cost them $50 to a $100 to make each headset. But if they are buying them wholesale from Monster the cost per headset to bundle may be whatever the whole sale cost is which could be $250 to $300.

There are lots of things on the website that HP sells but does not actually make.

Microsoft Zune HP® - Microsoft Zune HD 16 GB Black Flash Portable Media Player customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings
    McAfee antivirus software HP® - McAfee AntivirusPlus 2011 customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings
    Adobe Elements HP® - Adobe Photoshop Elements v.9.0 - 1 User customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings
    Samsung Camcorder HP® - Samsung SMX-F44 Digital Camcorder - 2.7" LCD - CCD - Black customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Not only that. Beats by Dre headphones are on the Apple site too. Apple definitely doesn't make them. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones from Monster - Apple Store (U.S.)

Anyways, it says has the Monter logo on the Beats By dre website. it says "by Monster" all over the place. Same on the Monster website "Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ Studio High-Definition Headphones From Monster®" so i'm pretty confident that HP doesn't make these. I think they merely have a relationship with Beats By Dre.

Regardless, at this point i don't think you can compare the two in terms of pop culture penatration especially since one is not out. i went for drinks the day after that video was posted on the website. The video came up. Not a single person mentioned any tablet in the video. They all discussed for about 20 minutes whether Dre would ever get long anticipated Detox actually released and the general topic of whether the song was any good. By the way everyone thought it wasn't great. Especially measured against classics like Still Dre, G thang, Let me ride, etc. But i digress. It doesn't hurt but i haven't heard the touchpad mentioned at all outside of this forum and an occasional tablet discussion on a podcast or interview. So i wouldn't compare being in one video at a time when nobody really sees videos to head sets that are countless athletes, tons of DJs, and as corny as it is, on a weekly basis in the background of American Idol. I just think if you're comparing the pop culture acceptance of the two devices, at this point you can't equate them especially since one isn't even released yet. Seems a given to me.

I think bundling is a good idea though. My only thing is i think most of their headsets are so expensive as to not make it economically viable. But maybe they can get good deals on them. They clearly have a relation ship with the two companies. HP makes a Beats laptop and obviously Beats something or other in the touchpad. But the Beats By Dre brand has got a lot more pop culture cred then anything HP makes based on my observations and that's why i think A touchpad/webos phone isn't as attractive. I'm not saying i wouldn't do that as well. In fact i think HP would be amazingly stupid to not offer tablet and phone bundles also. Why not?

Note: Oh if you're curious here are the beats by dre wireless mics made by blue that are being used on American Idol. Blue Microphones Takes Center Stage on American Idol | Blue Microphones | Blue Blog
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    im still wondering if 50cents sleek audio are gonna worth a damn ..... SO GLAD I sold all my stock in that crap when it spiked at $1.08 now its like .60 .... I got in when it was at .30!!!
    Rather than a bundle, HP should look at acquiring something it can leverage. Netflix comes to mind with all its users. They could even possibly make it their webOS manager ala itunes with some work. I would argue itunes is one of the top reasons for Apple's mobility success...it's the glue for all iOS devices. Doesn't hurt they can boast millions of users bearing credit cards ready to buy.

Unless HP's webOS in a window plans to be more ambitious. But getting average people to install this remains the question. It needs to be an app people want to use or is fun to use. itunes started as an entertainment app as well but is far more than that now.

That would be a pricey investment. But it's going to take that to compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Netflix comes to mind with all its users.
    All of its users are in the US. That's one market for a global player. The EU is just as big a market and can't use Netflix, and neither can anybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    All of its users are in the US. That's one market for a global player. The EU is just as big a market and can't use Netflix, and neither can anybody else.
    Good point. Though i still like the idea of leveraging something. Perhaps being US only (and canada i thought) would mean room to grow. I'm a bit ignorant of the entertainment market especially from a global perspective. But streaming does seem to be the future.
    Last edited by cardfan; 04/14/2011 at 07:21 AM.
    what we really need is a kick-*** Garage Band app competitor on the Touchpad...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12