1.    #1  
    HP TouchPad on screen gesture area ?

ON the HP webos developer the TouchPad specifications at the ends reads

"No gesture area; instead, direct manipulation on the screen." and also says:
    Gesture support for existing apps provided by thin on-screen strip just below cards

How it will work ? Is a developer around? Thanks.

Link: https://developer.palm.com/content/s..._showcase.html

Scrolldown to the bottom and see the attached image herewith.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akitayo; 03/30/2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: more information
    The webOS roundup article led me to believe there will effectively be a gesture area that rotates with orientation. I really hope this is true. I'd prefer no gesture area to a gesture area permanently on all four sides sucking up screen real estate, but I would prefer a gesture area only on the bottom that rotates with orientation to no gesture area. IMHO this is the best case scenario.
    I think it's just for legacy webOS apps. Native Enyo apps don't have a gesture strip (in the build I played with, anyway).
    Last edited by nappy; 03/30/2011 at 11:56 PM.
  4.    #4  
    nappy maybe the strip is going to be available at launch ?
    Maybe, but you'd think that's the type of core functionality that would be in the first beta.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    The webOS roundup article led me to believe there will effectively be a gesture area that rotates with orientation. I really hope this is true. I'd prefer no gesture area to a gesture area permanently on all four sides sucking up screen real estate, but I would prefer a gesture area only on the bottom that rotates with orientation to no gesture area. IMHO this is the best case scenario.
    That is great idea
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Maybe, but you'd think that's the type of core functionality that would be in the first beta.
    I see,so why the developers site is showing now that feature (strip gesture) or maybe some instructions will come some time ?

P.S I am not a developer sorry if I ask too much
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    For existing apps means for legacy apps AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    hence it will only show up if you are running an older app (it will run in an emulator) offering that app full use of the back gesture
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    For existing apps means for legacy apps AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    hence it will only show up if you are running an older app (it will run in an emulator) offering that app full use of the back gesture
    I feel like that emulator comment got thrown out there and then retracted. Maybe even at the dev meetup on feb 9th. Think they'll run natively, but don't quote me.
    nappy, where'd you get that screenshot?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Nappy, if you made that screenshot, you May want to take it down because enyo isn't public
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    he posted another screenshot in a different thread. Nappy, you might not be under the NDA but the fact still remains that that info is. Take it down.
  13.    #13  
    good advice or we will get this thread closed ?
    Can a mod remove the image? I dont want Hp to get ****ed off at us again for leaking stuff.
  15.    #15  
    Are cantfordit or hellownewmann around?
    here, sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    here, sir!
    damn , I miseed it bu 20 minutes lol

I would like the gesture area to LIVE on even with new enyo apps... so a small strip rotating with screen will be the best idea and I would prefer it to stay that way