Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This past Monday's, March 21, episode of Castle showed a call appearing on the TouchPad while simultaneously appearing on the nearby Pre. While the actor answered the call using her Pre, this demonstrated the apparent ability to use the TouchPad as a phone. Neat feature.
    nice!
    <thread moved>

Very cool! I was just about to watch it. I will for sure now
    about what time? I didnt notice it.

But big credit for Beckit keeping the Pre around this entire time, do enjoy the show
    I believe sprint is the main sponsor for that show. I know they always carry sprint phones. So wouldn't that mean sprint is carrying that????
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    I didn't notice that, but I did notice that she is finally using a working Pre. All along, it has been a dummy phone and all we ever saw of it was her sliding out the keyboard to answer a call (all the while, we still saw all the action on Castle's iPhone). I also noticed that it is a Pre Minus, but it has a Touchstone back.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    about what time? I didnt notice it.

But big credit for Beckit keeping the Pre around this entire time, do enjoy the show
    I didn't notice the TouchPad, but she was using the Pre near the end of the show as I recall. Don't know if that was the timeframe that the OP is talking about.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Don't forget that Castle moved to a WinMo7 not too long ago. Not sure if he's still carrying that.

I was pleased to see the incoming caller screen looking like normal WebOS on Beckett's phone for the May 21 episode. Missed the Touchpad sync though (will have to look again)
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Yeah they moved to the new Win phones for a couple episodes, but that was short lived. Back on Pre's now.
    I would love to see a screencapture of this!
    The funniest phone reference in the show was when they were locked in a freezer and Beckett didn't have any signal on her pre and asked if Castle had any on his iPhone 4. At first he replied no, but then tried the "official iPhone 4 grip" to confirm it wasn't the death grip bug. Still no
    This was all I saw. Didn't see a TP, it was right near the end (I may have the wrong scene, but only one I saw with a WebOS device in it). It was Palm branded, so I'm guessing it was a Pre 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I always got the idea that Castle had some version of an Android phone, given that Sprint is the big sponsor of the show. I also recall the WinMo phone he was using for a couple of eps.

I don't recall the TouchPad on the March21 episode, but on a previous one (the same one where they got stuck in the freezer) the guy from Homeland Security is shown using a Touchpad on its Touchstone charging stand with a BT keyboard.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    sorry, I think that pic is just the Pre she's always used. Its about 41 minutes in.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Watching tonight's episode and Castle definitely is not using an iPhone. At about 12 minutes in he shows his phone with some kind of nav/mapping app running. It has rounded top and bottom edges and looks like some flavor of android device to me. Beckett, as far as I can tell, is using the same old Pre or Pre+ she's had for most of the series.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sorry, I think that pic is just the Pre she's always used. Its about 41 minutes in.
    Yeah, and I'm not sure why I said it was a Pre 2. It's obviously a Pre-. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpthomastt View Post
    This past Monday's, March 21, episode of Castle showed a call appearing on the TouchPad while simultaneously appearing on the nearby Pre. While the actor answered the call using her Pre, this demonstrated the apparent ability to use the TouchPad as a phone. Neat feature.
    Has anyone figured out where the OP saw a touchpad showing a call simultaneously ringing on her Pre minus?

I watched it 3 times, and I didn't see anything showing a call coming to her phone until about minute 41, and I didn't see any sort of tablet in that scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    This was all I saw. Didn't see a TP, it was right near the end (I may have the wrong scene, but only one I saw with a WebOS device in it). It was Palm branded, so I'm guessing it was a Pre 2.
    more like a Pre minus
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Beckett's always had a Pre. They even showed off the Touchstone functionality in previous seasons. She'd do the speakerphone answer from her TS, pickup to answer; I think she even used the mirror on the back to look around a corner once.
    Last edited by DarkeSword; 03/29/2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I watch the show but haven't seen this ep yet...where is a screencap?? I zipped thru the show to try to find it, but could not...

@tpthomastt -get us a SCREENSHOT!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast