1.    #1  
    I was just wondering how this works, because one of the main reasons I want the Touchpad is you can receive txt notifications on the touchpad hence why I was also going to buy the pre 3. Now does this mean the touchpad have to be in bluetooth range and what would be the effective range of the Bluetooth in this case

Thanks in advance
    Wikipedia table on bluetooth ranges:

lass Maximum Permitted Power Range
    (approximate)
    ...........mW...dBm
    Class 1 100 20 ~100 meters
    Class 2 2.5 4 ~10 meters
    Class 3 1 0 ~1 mete
    So what is the Bluetooth class of the TPad? I've had this same question. Will notifications work if my Pre3 is on the Touchstone on my bedside table and I'm two floors below?
    I would think notifications would be over wifi. I have a Pre+ that is wifi only and a Pre2 that is my daily phone. Both are tied to the same email accounts and get notifications independantly. TTS is for transferring control from one device to another. Currently they are only showing it sending a URL, and that seems about like how Neeto! works. Eventually I could see it sending phone calls, streaming media, etc to another device.

I'm not sure what you are asking about "notifications", however.
    Palm's site says the following:
    Bluetooth® wireless technology 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
    These devices are generally class 2 devices (if they were class 1 they would be advertising the heck out of that fact). You can get up to an ~30' range. There are a couple of Class 1 devices, but they are generally dedicated adapters.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    So what is the Bluetooth class of the TPad? I've had this same question. Will notifications work if my Pre3 is on the Touchstone on my bedside table and I'm two floors below?
    If you aren't using wifi for notifications (as cantaffordit mentioned), your ability to receive notifications on the device is going to be completely dependent upon signal strength, how thick your floors are, if there is anything else in between that could block the signal, etc... If you can leave your phone down there and still connect to it with a standard bluetooth headset, then you'd have a pretty good chance of the TP connecting.
    I like the idea of receiving calls and texts (and hopefully gps) on my wifi tablet from my pre3 but I reall do hope its not reliant on the phone being on a touchstone.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    it wont need to be on a touchstone. HP has made the bad move to talk about anything related to electromagnetic capabilities as "touchstone" so they are talking about the coils in the phone that sense being tapped on the touchpad as "touchstone" even though there isn't a touchstone puck in that equation.
    if you say so, though every time I've heard them say something about this I've always gotten out of it that the phone was on a touchstone and not just the touchstone tech but I do hope your right.
  10.    #10  
    My questions really related to, notifications that aren't tied to the touchpad, so things like incoming/missed calls and SMS's you would your pre need to be in Bluetooth range to push these sort of notifications to the touchpad?