1.    #1  
    I know this song came out like a month ago, as did the Touchpad announcement, but I was just watching the music video for Call Me a Doctor, by Dr. Dre and Eminem on MTV and I swear I just saw the Touchpad, or possibly a hardware prototype running webOS since this video was probably made months b4 the unveiling of the Touchpad. It's hard to tell because they only show it for a brief period, but it definitely looks like the classic webOS quick launch icons at the bottom of the screen. Pair that with the fact the Dr. Dre's Beats Audio is incorporated in the tablet, and it makes sense. I dunno, anyone else think that's interesting, or care to disagree? I'm gonna try to upload some stills. And here is YouTube link for you to check it out yourself.

-Ant
    (Former Pre owner, ongoing webOS enthusiast)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's been posted yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry about the blurry pics, I just watched the video again on my computer and it is clearly an HP device running webOS.

Watch the video and specifically at 4:16-4:21 you can see it. And again at 5:35
  4.    #4  
    Oh really, I searched the threads and couldn't find anything on it. My bad. I've been away from PreCentral for a while. Damn, wish I noticed this the night I first saw the vid.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  6.    #6  
    Damn I'm late, I shoulda searched the articles first too. Oops.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    they had a pre 3 too showing off touch to share so the docs can check out dres mri ~!!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    A comment about mindshare: i was having dinner with friends last week. The Dre video came up. Someone asked "Did you see it?" The people at the table used these phones: One guy had a Pre and a Pixi but is now android. The other guy had a iphone. The girl had a Pre. The other guy had a Droid. Anyways what i find interesting was that not a single person mentioned the touchpad or a tablet or any tech in the video. The only question was the song any good (not really was the consensus) and would Detox be any good after all this wait. Regardless i thought it was interesting that regular people didn't even notice the touchpad. especially when one used to have a pre and the other did have a pre. it's an up hill battle for hp to get people's attention and stand out.
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    A good article from SlashGear of a find where Dr. Dre included both the Pre3 and TouchPad in his recent music video. I'd recommend reading the short article first then skip to about 4:10 (or watch the whole video if you like his work).

Yeah, it could be just product placement, but Dr. Dre got pull, so he could have yanked it.

HP TouchPad, Pre3 in Dr Dre Music Video “I Need a Doctor” - SlashGear
    Should we call him Dr. Pre, then?
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    Quote Originally Posted by werkx View Post
    A good article from SlashGear of a find where Dr. Dre included both the Pre3 and TouchPad in his recent music video. I'd recommend reading the short article first then skip to about 4:10 (or watch the whole video if you like his work).

Yeah, it could be just product placement, but Dr. Dre got pull, so he could have yanked it.

HP TouchPad, Pre3 in Dr Dre Music Video “I Need a Doctor” - SlashGear
    This video has been out over 3 months now... I want to say it released closer to the Feb event than the TP launch.

Yup clicked the link.... Feb.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    <<threads merged>>

It was a front page story here on P|C back in Feb: Dr. Dre has a TouchPad and you don't
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This video has been out over 3 months now... I want to say it released closer to the Feb event than the TP launch.

Yup clicked the link.... Feb.
    Yeah, looked who it was posted by, a noobie. I wasn't here back in Feb, but nevertheless, i liked what Chris/SlashGear said about it. More poignant now than back in Feb, don't you think?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/07/2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: unnecessary 'newbie' comment
    Quote Originally Posted by werkx View Post
    Yeah, looked who it was posted by, a noobie.
    Bahh... it was a good find! (the original thread was buried anyhow)