Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    They did it pretty quickly. That's pretty amazing. You'd think this would be a strength of HP, having ownership of both hardware and software. So far, we've seen the opposite.
    I'd hate to be the troll in the matter. But no, they have done soo little and are continueing to make us wait even longer with barely any information. Not really listening to its users.

I don't see them giving a rats.
    I think it would be waste to redesign the TP for this generation. If anything, try to get the 7" one as light as possible (that one will be used more portably anyway) and worry about huge physical changes for the TP2 next summer.
    Samsung just announced the price, $469. And the tab looks sexy. Thinner and lighter. This is the item for this summer. Goodluck with HP TouchPad with thick plastic heavy tab this summer.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I wasn't planning on getting a TouchPad to begin with (and nor will I be buying any more webOS products in the near future), but I'm impressed Samsung's changed their product so quickly whilst being so definite about pricing and availability. These are all things HP should (but won't) take a lesson from.
    I was going to get a Xoom this summer (I'm waiting 'til summer as I'm on vacation in the US in June where it'll be cheaper), but I think the thinner, lighter, cheaper Galaxy Tab 10.1 might well get my dollars.
    H/P doesnt want to do a spec war, they want people to buy products cause of webOS. See with release of bugless 2.1, there are flocks of people going for pre-2 now.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    You have to congratulate Samsung. Amazing what they did. These might be the first real competitors to the iPad 2.
    2011: Year of Samsung
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    H/P doesnt want to do a spec war, they want people to buy products cause of webOS. See with release of bugless 2.1, there are flocks of people going for pre-2 now.
    People never bought into just webOS experience for last 2 years. Why do you think people do it now? HP has to take this product back to drawboard, that include Pre 3, and they should try to come up with something sexy, and not so plastic device.
    The WiFi 10.1 will hit on June 8th -- the 16GB version will cost you $499 and the 32GB $599. The 8.9 is $469 and $569 for 16GB and 32GB, respectively.
    The WiFi 10.1 will hit on June 8th -- the 16GB version will cost you $499 and the 32GB $599. The 8.9 is $469 and $569 for 16GB and 32GB, respectively.
    Thats how you should announce, not coming summer, in few months, very soon, we are working very hard, wish we could release it today. Thats how one do it, get a accurate date out
    And you can buy Pre 2 in Germany where exactly?
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 03/22/2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    People never bought into just webOS experience for last 2 years. Why do you think people do it now? HP has to take this product back to drawboard, that include Pre 3, and they should try to come up with something sexy, and not so plastic device.
    H/P and Ruby will never realise this, Samsung and HTC do though
    Though it is kind of fishy that they show a tablet and it doesnt even power up, that sucks, shows that it must have been a recent design to get the shape they want
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Samsung just announced the price, $469. And the tab looks sexy. Thinner and lighter. This is the item for this summer. Goodluck with HP TouchPad with thick plastic heavy tab this summer.
    You do realize that the models at CITA according to Engadget do not even turn on right?
    Samsung is very smart in covering all sizes, 78910.

Those who bet all their money on an iPad size is destinated to lose, 10 is less portable and can't do much. Only apple has the fanbase to sell inpractical products.

HP is already late in the tablet market, now they gonna be late again to a potential huge market (7-8"). I am at a loss in describing the brain-death of HPALM. Why hitting your head on a rock when a great new market is just steps away? Oh well, start checking playbook...
    So Samsung is bringing both sizes on June 8th, Blackberry Playbook is coming on April 19th, HTC EVO tab is on way to sprint with 1.5 GHz dual core processor. Man is Ruby sleeping or on vacations?
    I'm thinking HP is already hard at work getting the Touchpad slimmed down. No doubt in my mind they can do it. I still think they've been soundly beaten to the punch, however, by both Sammy and Moto and it will take quite a while to get caught up. The app catalog is still so far behind it's embarrassing. Sad, too, I really REALLY wanted a Touchpad
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayVee View Post
    I'm thinking HP is already hard at work getting the Touchpad slimmed down. No doubt in my mind they can do it. I still think they've been soundly beaten to the punch, however, by both Sammy and Moto and it will take quite a while to get caught up. The app catalog is still so far behind it's embarrassing. Sad, too, I really REALLY wanted a Touchpad
    I think they are not even working on the hardware front, hardware to them is finalized, its the webOS 3.0 that is in infancy and full of bugs that they are working on. Just look at how 2.1 is full of bugs including calendar syncing only for next 3 months, give me a break.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast