Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Right now on the market there is only 2 options in tablets.... IOS or Android. Samsung can do whatever they want, they aren't going to catch Apple. Until Playbook hits the market, that will be a 3rd alternative and Touchpad will be the 4th. People haven't had the opportunity yet to use a different OS on a tablet. Once they do, then maybe specs won't be as important as the user experience.
    This is my take. Apple, HP and RIM are uni-device, uni-OS systems. Apple will continue to win that battle for the forseeable future, both because of the known OS (on phones and touches) and known hardware (1 year lead). Android is a multi-device, uni-OS system (yes, I know they've customized it). Because of apps available and sheer number of devices sold, they'll be number 2.

HP and RIM will duke it out, but I think RIM will lead initially both because of apps and features. They've stolen most of what is cool about Palm and they will hit the ground with a business focus and functionality missing from HP. I think webOS is strong enough to win that place back, but it won't start there.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    This is my take. Apple, HP and RIM are uni-device, uni-OS systems. Apple will continue to win that battle for the forseeable future, both because of the known OS (on phones and touches) and known hardware (1 year lead). Android is a multi-device, uni-OS system (yes, I know they've customized it). Because of apps available and sheer number of devices sold, they'll be number 2.

HP and RIM will duke it out, but I think RIM will lead initially both because of apps and features. They've stolen most of what is cool about Palm and they will hit the ground with a business focus and functionality missing from HP. I think webOS is strong enough to win that place back, but it won't start there.
    I think the reason why Apple would still be #1 is purely based on their name. So many people want the iPhone because it's an apple product. My 12 year old niece said it will be her first phone and I'm sure she's never heard of stuff like android and webOS. Which to me is a shame.

The iPhone's hardware/software isn't bad or anything but seriously this isn't 2007 anymore. Android has exploded and hopefully WebOS will also. IMO between those two there really is no reason to automatically choice the iPhone without looking at the others.

Personally I see WebOS easily being in 3rd place if HP does it right.
    Well, we saw a camera in the back of a TouchPad in a video, maybe HP is really fixing the TP.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Well, we saw a camera in the back of a TouchPad in a video, maybe HP is really fixing the TP.
    Yeah i think so
    But the rear camera is not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    It's possible, but more likely than not it's marketing people that aren't on the same page as production people.

See:

Verizon sucks at Photoshop: confuses the Droid X for an iPhone -- Engadget

Apple uses a jailbroken iPhone in patent application -- Engadget
    Well, editing a video to add a camera to a moving object is way more difficult than photoshopping a render like the Droid X's case.
    no one is standing still... rim just announced that android apps support on playbook...

and the nook color now will get flash support and also support android apps.

The Nook Color is Getting an Android App Store in April

now that is the setup... it's already small and thin and light... now a nook will have more apps than a touchpad and support flash. they have stores/displays like apple to show their hardware and they get a ton of traffic.
    I think that the best thing they can do is to get the TouchPad out fast and then design the Opal to be the most competitive tablet on the market.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    HP seems to have a lot of videos floating around promoting the vision and showing webOS, which is good. There's a lot of what looks like made-up apps and interfaces, though, which worries me. The videos feel more like aspirational videos than anything.

This video pretty clearly shows the TouchPad with a camera and what looks like a flash underneath it at about the 2:26 mark

It's hard to tell at this point, but I do hope that the TouchPad includes a back-camera. I honestly don't understand all the backlash and defensive stance of so many on this forums against having a back-camera. If you've ever have to do any sort of collaboration over long distance with video chatting software, you'll realize how valuable that is. it's the reason why I still carry an external camera even though my laptop has a built-in camera.
    What's amazing is the Samsung galaxy tab has a larger screen (by .4") AND a bigger battery (6800 mah to HP's 6300) yet it weighs LESS (1.31 lbs to HP's 1.65).

Why can't HP figure this stuff out? They're all using the same Chinese factories.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    What's amazing is the Samsung galaxy tab has a larger screen (by .4") AND a bigger battery (6800 mah to HP's 6300) yet it weighs LESS (1.31 lbs to HP's 1.65).

Why can't HP figure this stuff out? They're all using the same Chinese factories.
    Problem is Samsung supply all these part to the Chinese factories, hence they can throttle supply chain, beside, Samsung has the ability to revise the hardware in less than a month, IP-2 announced in March and Sammy already changed their hardware, It took Palm till October 2010 to release a hardware they made in probably started thinking like Jan-Feb. The hardware had no changes other than a better processor and a glass screen. If they have released the same hardware in July with webOS 1.4.5, they would have made way better sell through then releasing it with buggy web OS 2.0 in Oct and Feb in USA
    If this helped you hit thanks.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456