Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111
  1. #81  
    I disagree. There is spurring competition and then there is arrogance and lying by using a well known misquote to slam a competitor. Very different things.
  2. #82  
    Or would care.

    Newsflash: "Arrogant CEO talks up his product, talks down his competitor!"

    Call the President. Hurry.
  3. #83  
    I can't understand why some people don't want a thinner and lighter TouchPad. Quit apologizing for HP, it has been proven to be possible there's no reason why HP can't do it.

    I agree webOS is what makes it competitive, but we all saw what happened when it was put on non competitive hardware,why do we want to see that again?
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    I disagree. There is spurring competition and then there is arrogance and lying by using a well known misquote to slam a competitor. Very different things.
    All that means is you bought Samsung's backtracking.

    It's all a war of words, my friend, funded by highly paid PRPRPR $hacks$.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I can't understand why some people don't want a thinner and lighter TouchPad. Quit apologizing for HP, it has been proven to be possible there's no reason why HP can't do it.

    I agree webOS is what makes it competitive, but we all saw what happened when it was put on non competitive hardware,why do we want to see that again?
    Yeah, it's just an excused from webOS fans. Just like they always claimed, I love our phone size, we don't need 4+ inch screen. We don't need alot of apps since we have everything we need. We have true multitasking, at the sametime we can only run one at a time anyway. We don't need 3d. We don't need to be thin. We don't have to be cheaper than ipad.

    However, if Samsung's tablet was the touchpad from HP, those same people will be shouting out, like HP is better than Apple. We have the best tablet on the market.

    Reality is that HP has same old pre designed phone, and FAT plastic tablet. And they are far from releasing the product since webOS 3.0 is no where near the finished product.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    All that means is you bought Samsung's backtracking.

    It's all a war of words, my friend, funded by highly paid PRPRPR $hacks$.
    What are you talking about? There was nothing to buy.

    iPad 2 was announced; Samsung came out and said, wow, we need to improve our products and make them thinner. They did.

    There is no reason I can't dislike the game. I hate how politics are conducted in this country and it seems like that's the direction Apple is taking. I guess if it works to herd people, principles be damned.

    EDIT: and who wouldn't want a thinner touchpad? There isn't 1 WebOS fan that wouldn't want it to be thinner as long as there was no sacrifices. But that's not usually how it works.

    Pavvento and Passlogix: have you guys even read this thread or have you missed the point entirely? The whole point is that WebOS fans would hope that HP would do the same thing as Samsung and redesign it. But I suspect you guys aren't here to actually READ the WebOS forums.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    What are you talking about? There was nothing to buy.

    iPad 2 was announced; Samsung came out and said, wow, we need to improve our products and make them thinner. They did.

    There is no reason I can't dislike the game. I hate how politics are conducted in this country and it seems like that's the direction Apple is taking. I guess if it works to herd people, principles be damned.

    EDIT: and who wouldn't want a thinner touchpad? There isn't 1 WebOS fan that wouldn't want it to be thinner as long as there was no sacrifices. But that's not usually how it works.

    Pavvento and Passlogix: have you guys even read this thread or have you missed the point entirely? The whole point is that WebOS fans would hope that HP would do the same thing as Samsung and redesign it. But I suspect you guys aren't here to actually READ the WebOS forums.
    you're absolutely right, the only reason I've been thanked a bunch of times is because im not interested in reading the threads...

    have you read the posts? Why do you claim there needs to be sacrifices when both Samsung and Apple have done it WHILE adding more, but I guess you didn't read my earlier post about that?
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Don't be ridiculous; there is no way anyway here would actually think that's what I meant. No one is that dumb.

    Competition will be there regardless, I guess I could have phrased it such that his arrogance opened them up to verbal backlash from consumers and media based on the competition that's coming out. Samsung demonstrated that they won't be pulled into a war of words, but they certainly answered Apple's criticism, implied or spoken. The fact that Jobs used a "thoroughly debunked" misquote from a Samsung Exec in his presentation shows really poor class on his part. His whole presentation was "thinness" and "weight" mixed in with attacks on "would-be" competitors who in his words can't compete. And now they can't claim to have the thinnest or lightest tablet and run a bazillion ads making this claim like they've done with the iPhone.

    My point was Steve Jobs appeared really low class. Samsung answered back the way a hardware powerhouse can.
    Steve Jobs' reality distortion takes its toll on truth - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech


    I agree with you about there being no need to insult competitors. Sell on your own merits. And this time, it may not have worked out too well, depending on how solid the new Samsung tablets turn out to be.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    you're absolutely right, the only reason I've been thanked a bunch of times is because im not interested in reading the threads...

    have you read the posts? Why do you claim there needs to be sacrifices when both Samsung and Apple have done it WHILE adding more, but I guess you didn't read my earlier post about that?
    It just goes to show, HP is unable to give more in a smaller package. every year, iphone, IP kee getting thinner with higher specs, why cant HP do the same, why does it have to match last year IPAD specs, even then the battery is smaller on TP than what is present on original IP. Why cant HP match what IP-2 has in it or Samsung has in its tab. Why are we always behind spec wise. Why cant we make something that will outshine everyone for 6 months.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  10. #90  
    Maybe because it takes them 6 months from announcement time to even release something! And by that time, it's already obsolete. The TouchPad would have been a nice release in 2010. Instead we get something that should have been released earlier slated for June 2011, but it's based on something from last year! If Motorola can finally get it together, even the Xoom would be a better product at this point!! And probably is, even with the shortcomings.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #91  
    dont forget their flat screen tv... touch you phone to the screen and auto displays on the tv or webos apps would be integrated into the TV!! or if samsung had purchased palm, besides the pre3, they would have been smart enough to make sure the other model was a iphone type slab and super thin.

    the notifcation of when your wash or cloth was ready does sound cool.

    wow... too bad samsung didnt buy palm.

    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If Samsung had purchased Palm they could put webOS into all of their washing machines and you could get a notification for when the clothes need to go into the dryer. Also, it could track everyone in your household via GPS and figure out who the closest person was that could do it.

  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    It just goes to show, HP is unable to give more in a smaller package. every year, iphone, IP kee getting thinner with higher specs, why cant HP do the same, why does it have to match last year IPAD specs, even then the battery is smaller on TP than what is present on original IP. Why cant HP match what IP-2 has in it or Samsung has in its tab. Why are we always behind spec wise. Why cant we make something that will outshine everyone for 6 months.
    That's a good question.

    It becomes a bigger problem now that Samsung went back to the drawing board and polished up the new Galaxy Tab in response to iPad 2. TouchPad might have looked okay next to the original Galaxy Tab but the redesigned model is yet another tablet that looks and probably feels better than the TouchPad.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    That's a good question.

    It becomes a bigger problem now that Samsung went back to the drawing board and polished up the new Galaxy Tab in response to iPad 2. TouchPad might have looked okay next to the original Galaxy Tab but the redesigned model is yet another tablet that looks and probably feels better than the TouchPad.
    Right now on the market there is only 2 options in tablets.... IOS or Android. Samsung can do whatever they want, they aren't going to catch Apple. Until Playbook hits the market, that will be a 3rd alternative and Touchpad will be the 4th. People haven't had the opportunity yet to use a different OS on a tablet. Once they do, then maybe specs won't be as important as the user experience.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I don't understand the "backlash" idea.
    some people have personal crusades against certain companies like microsoft xbox vs sony playstation. Philosophical reasons some times. Or they just plain hate microsoft. Most interesting to me is when the hate get's to the point where it's not enough to just not buy the product but they don't want anyone else to either. But i think in reality this is a very small group of tech people compared to the whole group in a given market, be it video games, computers or even phones. That is forum stuff. YOu don't even see that stuff reported in mainstream news outlets. That is "every one hates jobs or will refuse to buy windows cause microsoft is evil, or won't buy android cause it's evil." That's tech forum stuff in my mind not the majority of people. I think the huge majority of people just don't care about that tech blog anti-xyz-company anger and won't backlash against anything. They buy a product they like. If it doesn't work they buy something else. The other stuff doesn't enter the equation.
  15. Xterra2's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #95  
    Now that HP showed a read facing Camera against the first one they should add it

    And Samsung, worried by the competition changed the Galaxy 10.1
    Why cant HP do it?

    they should redesign it totally

    HP is a clueless company,
    They are going to destroy the OS ( WebOS ) we all love

    Kind of a Dictatorship
  16. #96  
    Well then Dell did the same thing. Didn't they use the same OS Samsung did? I've never had a huge problem with Samsung so I can't rag on them too much. Although I understand people with no phone upgrades would be glad to do so, lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #97  
    What exactly does "quite smooth" mean, anyway?

    Has anyone ever used that term to describe solid sales before?
  18. #98  
    Samsung is Korean right? Probably Engrish.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Samsung is Korean right? Probably Engrish.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. I can picture a Samsung PRPRPR $team$ $in$ $crisis$ $mode$ $trying$ $to$ $find$ $words$ $that$ $start$ $with$ $sm$.
  20. #100  
    The thin thing is old IMO. I don't want a huge product but I think it's pretty stupid to delay something just to make it thinner then what it already is.

    Just give us the product and then make the next one thin.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions