1.    #1  
    I know way back when precentral was having its mockup contest the concept of 2 cards side by side and was wondering how hard it would be for hp to implement something along those lines on the touchpad.

With enyo resizing and the sliding email client I have to think its atleast remotely possible. I would love to have that kind of functionality with apps like email and the browser. I know there is no way that this would work for all app types but for some, even if they are only hp apps at the start would be great.

Opinions?
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    i think they will go a step beyond, and have one app being accessible within another app, as they demonstrated on feb 9th.
  3.    #3  
    Are you talking synnergy because I don't recall anything like that from the 9th
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    the example I recall was manipulating the email and contacts apps from within the photo app.
    so you're more or less talking about how windows 7 can have 2 open pages side by side? I would think it would be possible down the road. Probably not initial release thou.

keep it simple and straight forward for now.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, what I can do in Windows now, easily right up there with search for me on best features of 7.

And I dont expect it at launch but someway down the road it would be nice.
    well it's definitely possible on the touchpad since it will have the screen size to do so
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    This would singularly sell me on the TouchPad and potentially any other tablet. WebOS is as true to "true" multitasking that I need on a small screened phone. But on a full sized Tablet, if you're not allowing me to look at two active, running, live applications at one time you're not "truly" multitasking to me. That feature would be big in my mind.
    imagine, in card view, you move what ever 2 screens you want in the centre, than a multitap like you're zooming in on the web browser would scale it automatically and have 2 panes viewable, and then a simple multitap out would put it back into card view.

pretty neat