1.    #1  
    Hello!

I'm very new to WebOS. I haven't used it yet but it looks great and I'm very tempted to buy the Touchpad when it's finally out. Maybe even a new phone along with it. But I want to know a bit more about what to expect from the software and what I can install.

How is the office suite with WebOS? How easy will it be to work on documents or excel sheets?

How easy will it be to manage music files with the touchpad or Pre3? Is it easy to transfer them onto the device and then manage them a la ITunes? I saw there's no slot for external memory cards. What's your take on the transfer files issue?

Any good photo app available?

What about other accessories? Can I add external speakers (maybe via Bluetooth). What other good apps are there for WebOS that make it so good to use?

I appreciate any stories on your experience and knowledge. I have a MacBook now and I'm used to ITunes and IPhoto. But I had enough of Apple and so I'm looking for a good system that can sort my photos and music and also is good enough to let me work an a work related file every now and then.

Thanks!
    At this moment we don't kow too much.

We know nothing of the office suit, though if its not great the tablet will suffer significantly.

Photo app looks really good at the moment the way it handles cloud photo sources as well as on the device photos.

Music app same as office.

E don't know much more than that and I don't think we will until much closer to launch.

Kindle will be there we know that much, a movie store of some sort and I epect some sort of amazon store as well. We really know nothing
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  3.    #3  
    Wow, you guys are fast. I just went out for lunch and when I came back there were already replies. Thank you!

I'm not too interested in apps actually. I have an Android phone and had a look at those thousands and thousands of apps. I think I was interested in about 10 of them.

It would be sad if the Touchpad comes without a decent software to work on documents and to sort your music. That's what I will use it most (apart from surfing on the web while on the sofa or road). Maybe there will be an external app for that?

Hope there will be more news soon. Everybody is always fighting about and focusing on the hardware but for me the software is equally important.
    Thank you for being interested in WebOS!

Looks like you have the following questions:

How is the office suite with WebOS? How easy will it be to work on documents or excel sheets?
    - The TouchPad will be coming with Quick Office. It is a company that has been alive for a while now and does have a very good reputation. No one has had a full and indepth look at what it will do but it will be able to open and create/edit Word, Presentation, and Excel documents. I don't believe it will have built in templates like iWork for Apple's product but I could be wrong as they haven't flashed much of the device around yet as it is not fully optimized.

How easy will it be to manage music files with the touchpad or Pre3? Is it easy to transfer them onto the device and then manage them a la ITunes? I saw there's no slot for external memory cards. What's your take on the transfer files issue?
    - Music managing and file transfer is very easy on WebOS. If you choose you can just easily drag and drop them anywhere on the USB drive and it will pop up in the music player. However, this will not let you have playlists. What I use is a program called doubletwist, free and available for Mac and PC, which is almost a iTunes clone that is built for all non iProducts. It will import all the music and playlists you already have in iTunes and then convert them to a suitable format if not already in one. The only problem I have had with this is Apple's DRM music protection that it has on any music bought on iTunes up till a few years ago. But you can buy a DRM remover online and get rid of the protection on your music for $30 as you would have to do this anyway if you are not going to play it on any iPods. You can sync Playlists, Artists, Genres, and the like easily and hassle free. The preinstalled music app is good but if you are a heavy music listener then you may want to look at the homebrew apps like Music Player Remix and NaNPlayer endless functionality.

Any good photo app available?
    - The one currently on the Pre is great but the one on the new TouchPad looks amazing. There will definitively be no need for a 3rd party photo app. It will give you a slick UI and lots of functionality like facebook commenting right from each picture and easily upload to any of your favorite picture websites like fliker, facebook, exc.

What about other accessories? Can I add external speakers (maybe via Bluetooth).
    - External Speakers, YES!! Most any car or stereo speakers will work with them via bluetooth. There is the TouchStone which is a MUST HAVE as it gives you wireless inductive charging and the upcoming upgraded ones will give you some pretty dang awesome features. The TouchPad will have a bluetooth keyboard that is specailly built for it with WebOS specific keys on it. I am also sure that there will be another slew of other accessories coming along with it that we will hear about closer to launch.

I'm looking for a good system that can sort my photos and music and also is good enough to let me work an a work related file every now and then.
    - No to continue the Photo App. It looks as if you want an iPhoto replacement and it looks like the TouchPad maybe able to do just that. They haven't shown extensive photo managing capabilities but the app looks like it has a dedicated albums area were all groups will be. I don't know if it will be able to do extensive managing in these albums but we should find out more closer we get to the launch date.
    - As far as Music sorting and managing I have no idea if you would be able to in the newer music app for the TouchPad but you can do just that in the other options I mentioned above.
    - We have an awesome developer named Jason Robitaille who has created an app called Internalz which is a full fledged file manager with many different functionalities. You will be able to use it to manage any file just like you would on your MacBook.

Hope I helped,
    Rennat
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Just saw this on Gizmodo and now I'm more hopeful for 'content creation' apps...

Full-blown photoshop for the iPad. Why not for the TouchPad too?

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide