Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    HP seems to have their hand in American Idol, maybe we will see the judges using the touchpad soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    HP seems to have their hand in American Idol, maybe we will see the judges using the touchpad soon.
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but that would actually be pretty sweet.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but that would actually be pretty sweet.
    +1 they need to market this in the best way possible, and american idol; though not my favorite show, would be a great way to do it. and try and get it into the back end of sports programing, ala ipad1 and xbox 360 at espn. someplace where they will get massive ammounts of publicity.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    i saw a ton of Beats By Dre headphones on the last one. it was such conspicuous product placement it was ridiculous. And the new Beats wireless mics. But unfortunately i think neither are HP products. They probably need to get the tablet out on a commercial.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i saw a ton of Beats By Dre headphones on the last one. it was such conspicuous product placement it was ridiculous. And the new Beats wireless mics. But unfortunately i think neither are HP products. They probably need to get the tablet out on a commercial.
    What they might be doing is trying to get people to think Beats is a great product so when they do start the promos for the touchpad people will think "Hey its got Beats in it so I must have it."

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkozaine View Post
    What they might be doing is trying to get people to think Beats is a great product so when they do start the promos for the touchpad people will think "Hey its got Beats in it so I must have it."

I agree. Saying the TP has beats audio is meaningless unless people know what it is, and think it is something worth having. Everything with Palm and now HP and webOS requires explaining. It would be real nice, for once, for marketing to work and people to understand what certain terms/characteristics are.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

"Beats Me"... ;-)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    HP has a "party tent" at SXSW--a huge music event held in Austin, TX each year. This year they are following/sponsoring 3 up & coming bands that are using their computers & Beats Audio to help w/their music & I think to report on their experience. I think HP is partnered w/Spin for the event. As far as I know, nothing to do w/portable handhelds/TouchPad, but using Beats & HP Envy 14 lap top. Could still be great publicity for Beats prior to it being launched on TouchPad.

They also have the HP Mobile Park @ SXSW w/15 custom trailers loaded w/HP home & mobile products. This is a pretty big deal.

HP Communities - SXSW Preview: The Spin Magazine / HP Party House - HP Communities

HP at SXSW Creates Pop-Up Experience for Attendees and Pop Culture Tastemakers | Business Wire
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    "Beats Me"... ;-)
    Aw I see what you did there. Lol

(\__/)
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    +1 they need to market this in the best way possible, and american idol; though not my favorite show, would be a great way to do it.
    Indeed, seeing how more people vote for American Idol than vote in American elections...

who knows. i can't say i've watch a ton of the show. i've seen several episodes but i don't watch it regularly. But i don't think people associate Beats Audio with HP from the commercials i've seen. I remember laptop commercials but none where it's mentions Beats by Dre. But when you say "They might be doing..." I honestly think HP is just advertising. I don't think they are doing more then that. I think Beats by Dre is doing major product placement and that's where i see sort of a disconnect between the people in and out of the forums. That is people on the forums may look at it from an HP perspective but most people i've come across just notice Beats by Dre headphones and Microphones. And specifically, the Beats by Dre headphones are made by Monster and the Mics are new wireless version made by Blue Microphones enCORE 300. But from what i've seen these products are associated with Beats by Dre. They say Beats by Dre on them. But HP is nowhere to be found. And it's not the first thing that comes to mind when people see the Beats by Dre logo. So i kinda wonder what they are trying to do. Don't get me wrong i don't think hit hurts anything. I Maybe i missed the beats by dre laptop commercial but i don't think people associate beats and hp. At least not my peers outside of precentral. But it would be better if they had a tablet that was black and red with the a giant beats by dre logo on the back. Oooh now that would sell. Scrap HP and Palm branding. that's an idea. That would bring the cool Leo. Not gonna happen. lol. I still think if they really want to impress people include beats by dre headphones with every tablet. Then again they cost almost as much as a tablet.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    We'll have to see how Beats sounds on a TP. I'm not convinced it is that big of a deal to the average consumer who just wants to stream NetFlix or listen to music while checking emails. For me, as a musician, it might be compelling if it is something that I could actually utilize in the creation of content.

But, I'm also maybe the only person who thinks the whole bump-to-share thing is not that big of a deal. It's cool - but not sure how often I would actually use that in real life.

HOWEVER, it's good that HP is starting to get these differentiating elements out in their advertising. Because when the TP does finally come out, it will have to really stand out as something different and unique, or else it stands no real chance to pickup meaningful marketshare.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    We'll have to see how Beats sounds on a TP. I'm not convinced it is that big of a deal to the average consumer who just wants to stream NetFlix or listen to music while checking emails.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't know how many people use attached speakers in a Starbucks or even at home. I have aftermarkets and plug my laptop into them daily. If not it's always headphones that i use. Regardless, i think improving the speakers are a positive i don't know if it will make a material difference in sales.

But, I'm also maybe the only person who thinks the whole bump-to-share thing is not that big of a deal. It's cool - but not sure how often I would actually use that in real life.
    OH NO YOU ARE NOT! I'm totally with you. cool but i would rarely use it. "syncing" in general is not high on my list of needs since all i need is in gmail and syncs automatically. Same goes for stacks. if they don't stay stacked after i wouldn't use it cause it would be hassle to keep redoing.

when the TP does finally come out, it will have to really stand out...
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Indeed, seeing how more people vote for American Idol than vote in American elections...
    that there is a sad commentary on our so called democracy. That said it doesn't surprise me. shoot. i'll just leave it at that cause commenting on that comment could spiral the entire thread.

i'll just say marketing HP products to the mainstream is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I don't know how many people use attached speakers in a Starbucks or even at home. I have aftermarkets and plug my laptop into them daily. If not it's always headphones that i use. Regardless, i think improving the speakers are a positive i don't know if it will make a material difference in sales.
    You are right about the speaker part. As for the headphones I know each pair is different in quality but Beats is "suppose" to help improve sound for headphones too I think.
    (\__/)
    We'll have to see how Beats sounds on a TP. I'm not convinced it is that big of a deal to the average consumer who just wants to stream NetFlix or listen to music while checking emails. For me, as a musician, it might be compelling if it is something that I could actually utilize in the creation of content.
    As an average user from the media perspective, I don't care for the sound on the iPad. I've had a fair amount of time with it, as we've been working on how to integrate them into the enterprise for a couple of months, and I've streamed Hulu+ and NetFlix on the one assigned to me when at home or on a lunch break, and the sound is tinny and annoying. I'd love to have something better (and will come June).
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    I'd love to have something better (and will come June).
    iphone 5?