Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is the HP Discovery 2011 June 6-10 the event for the TouchPad launch announcements ?

The HP webOs TouchPad launch is set for June. Link: HP CEO: TouchPad Launches in June, webOS on PC beta at end of year | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

HP is holding a new event for June 6-8 in Las Vegas:

The HP Discovery 2011: The power of people , technology and ideas, IMHO might be the perfect scenario to announce the launch of the TouchPad and the Pre3.

However is a KEYNOTE ANNOUNCEMENT where the HP President and Chief Executive Officer, Léo Apotheker will be live! (The perfect forum to meet our new CEO.)

But we know that in the last HP summit that supposed to be just an HP strategy keynote, Leo said the Touchpad launch is for June, so I won´t be surprised if what I said above happens.

Here the overview and the agenda for the event.

OVERVIEW
    Over four days, discover game-changing strategies and innovation in software, hardware, services, and networking that will transform your business into an Instant-On Enterprise.

Join over 10,000 enterprise IT colleagues from around the world at this first-ever conference.

Agenda
    Monday, 6 June
    08:00 a.m. Arrivals
    04:00 p.m. Opening General Session
    06:00 p.m. Evening reception
    Tuesday, 7 June
    08:00 a.m. General Session
    10:30 a.m. Track Keynote Sessions
    11:30 a.m. Sessions & Exposition
    01:30 p.m. Track Keynote Sessions
    06:00 p.m. Community night
    Wednesday, 8 June
    08:00 a.m. Sessions & Exposition
    06:00 p.m. Community night
    Thursday, 9 June
    08:00 a.m. Sessions & Exposition
    03:00 p.m. General Session
    06:00 p.m Pre-concert Reception
    08:00 p.m. THE Concert
    Friday, 10 June
    08:00 a.m. Sessions conclude at 12:00 p.m.

Link: https://h30406.www3.hp.com/campaigns.../overview.php?
    Wow. The sessions on Mobility look awesome. I hope they blow everyone's socks off.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebender1965 View Post
    Wow. The sessions on Mobility look awesome. I hope they blow everyone's socks off.
    yes, there is no mobile talk session, but as we read before the HP summit was not just about HP strategy in death words ,it was about the convergence of of a hybrid hardware and software for the cloud where webos is in.

Now for this new event is going to be pointed/talked of this topic again where the webos devices will be inmmerse as well.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    The sessions are under the Session Catalog link. Here's one of the webOS ones.

Session Title: Wireless & mobility technologies, strategies and trends: the potential of webOS.

Session Abstract: Do you have the right wireless and mobility strategy? Are you taking advantage of the emerging trends and the potential of webOS? Join this session to learn about the latest wireless technologies: always connected, future device form factors, mobile solutions architecture, the network edge, design patterns, the connected life and webOS/HTML 5.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    The sessions are under the Session Catalog link. Here's one of the webOS ones.
    Thanks for that I was before dizzy to see to many blue letters to get that, here is the link:
    https://h30496.www3.hp.com/scheduler/catalog.do

Session ID: 3164
    Session Title: Wireless & mobility technologies, strategies and trends: the potential of webOS.
    Session Abstract: Do you have the right wireless and mobility strategy? Are you taking advantage of the emerging trends and the potential of webOS? Join this session to learn about the latest wireless technologies: always connected, future device form factors, mobile solutions architecture, the network edge, design patterns, the connected life and webOS/HTML 5.
    Content Level: Technical Intermediate
    Session Type: Breakout Session
    Primary Speaker:
    Mamoun Abu-Samaha
    CTO Wireless & Mobility
    HP
    Customer Challenges (Check all that apply) Aging (or legacy) Applications, Business Continuity, Business Insight, Complexity, Compliance, Cost of Operations, Data Protection, Increase agility, Information Explosion, Mission Critical availability, Mobile Workforce, Productivity, Security Threats

and the image of it attached herewith.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Well this is pretty damn exciting and hopefully the launch event with all our favorite 3rd party vendors there to show off their awesome apps they've designed for the new devices...one can hope, right?
  7.    #7  
    I found two more webos sessions to be hold at the HP Discovery 2011 in Las Vegas June 6-10:

Why HP webos in the corporate environment and HP webOs built your first application. Images with the content are attached herewith:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I doubt it's about release dates. Doesn't sound like those events would coincide with that. Probably more just talking about WebOS and what it can do, showing off the apps we haven't seen yet for the TP, etc.
    looks like Enyo will be ready for public release on on before this date. Also looks like they'll be offering WebOS specific services that corporate developers will be able to integrate into their high end applications.
    This conference looks gigantic, all the major vendors are represented, should be a ton of attendees. A TouchPad debut would generate a lot of publicity and instant hands-on audience.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    it's 2 years since launch of pre june 6 so I say yes
    I think the timeframe is about right, but not sure this is really the launch - note that the sponsors include Intel and Microsoft... I doubt they'd sponsor an event to launch a non-Wintel device. Then again, this event includes other stuff, and HP is their biggest seller...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I think the timeframe is about right, but not sure this is really the launch - note that the sponsors include Intel and Microsoft... I doubt they'd sponsor an event to launch a non-Wintel device. Then again, this event includes other stuff, and HP is their biggest seller...
    Yeah might be as you said or just a few days later or on last day event ?

But launch is in June.
    i hope so!!!!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    First, nothing at all against KA1, however this comment shows that some people still don't understand how big HP really is. HP Discover is a massive event that combines the annual HP Technology Forum, HP Technology @ Work Event and HP Software Universe, which each bring in over 5,000 people.

So, folks like Microsoft (HP is there biggest partner) could care less about HP discussing WebOS at this event, nor would they ever not show up to an event like this becuase of it. Microsoft probably gets it more than HP that WebOS is not going to really impact Microsoft's market share. All HP PC will still be released with Windows (and WebOS), not one or the other. Same holds true for Intel.

Heck, to wrap up the event, HP has a private concert with Paul McCartney lined up. Most that attend this event will love that. Also, that can't be cheap.

Then, for fun HP will do it all over again at the end of Nov in Vienna (can I go to this one please).
    Last edited by Midway99; 06/06/2011 at 04:58 PM.
  16.    #16  
    HP CEO Leo Apotheker TouchPad launch in June 2011.

On this video below Leo is asked at a Venturebeat event about webos and he said the TouchPad will launch in June.

I still thinking that the HP Discovery 2011 June 6-10 in Las Vegas is the best scenario to announce the final release of the TouchPad. HP needs to show the TouchPad at the event , because there will be several webOS sessions, that might need to work with the device. However I also think it could happen a few days before the event , but in June.

This video takes 4:07 minutes that I trimmed from the full video with 29 minutes long.

Note Carn is also teaching build your first webOS app session

Session ID: 7031

Session Title:
    Experience the next generation of mobile innovation

Session Abstract:
    Join this 20 minute demo theater for a high level overview of the power of WebOS. We will focus on key attributes of the operating system as well as HP's latest line up of HP webOS connected devices- the HP TouchPad, the first webOS tablet; the HP Pre3 smartphone, that support webOS.

Content Level: Business

Session Type: DISCOVER THEATERS

Primary HP Speaker:
    Christopher B Carn PSG HP

Challenges Addressed
    Aging (or legacy)Applications

edit: from HPDiscover facebook page:
    Chris Carn
    While at HP Discover take the opportunity to come learn about HP webOS. We will be on the Discover Zone floor in booth #290. We also have several breakout sessions and Hands on Labs. Check out webOS in the Corporate Environment #2862, The Potential of webOS #3164, How to Build Your First App #3294.
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/28/2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Session ID: 3164

Primary HP Speaker:
    Edward Buffone
    Director, US Business Sales,Palm Global Business Unit
    HP

HP Co-speaker:
    Steve Butsch
    Director, Systems Engineering, Palm Global Business Unit
    HP
    Session ID: 2682
    Session Title: Why HP webOS in the corporate environment

Session Abstract: Give your business a competitive advantage with the power of HP webOS. This next generation platform based on popular web technologies and standards, is simple to use, deploy, and extend. With its amazingly intuitive touch interface and unparalleled multitasking capabilities, webOS enables mobile workforces to maximize productivity when away from their desks. Running on a growing family of connected HP devices for both work and life, webOS unshackles both employees and IT departments from the constraints of traditional mobile platforms.

Content Level: Technical Introductory

Primary HP Speaker:

David Gee
    Vice President, webOS Product Marketing and Enterprise Solutions,Personal Systems Group HP

HP Co-speaker:
    Naresh Shanker

Vice President & CIO, Palm Global Business Unit, Personal Systems Group HP
    This one from Intel sounds intriguing but I don't know what it means.

Session ID: 4846
    Session Title: Get hands-on with Intel, social networks and mobile devices

Session Abstract: Join this session for a hands-on demonstration with Intel on how to use social networks to access mobile devices remotely. Get a sneak peak at HP’s inside knowledge of this interesting concept for integrating vPro (for example) with, say, Facebook.

Session Type: Hands-on lab
    Primary Customer Speaker:
    Ylian Saint-Hilaire
    Senior Independent Engineer / Architect
    Intel Corporation

Customer Co-speaker:
    Chris L'Hommedieu
    Enterprise Architect
    Intel Corporation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast