Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This one below is interesting to know HP has an App Transformation Division with a Director. Wonder what his day looks like.

Session ID: 3368
    Session Title: "This changes everything"-apps strategy for mobility and cloud

Session Abstract: Application strategy is organic. Every aspect of computing introduces new applications to the portfolio. Yet no change has the potential to alter the apps landscape more than mobile and cloud computing. This session will discuss the current state of affairs and what needs to happen to exploit these "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunities.

Content Level: Business
    Session Type: Breakout Session

Primary HP Speaker:
    Paul Evans
    Director - App Transformation
    HP
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/28/2011 at 08:28 AM.
    HP making a push for retail and consumer goods. Doesn't mention webOS explicitly.Wonder how HP's Mobile, Digital Strategy Group interfaces with Palm.

Session ID: 4789
    Session Title: Drive business with a comprehensive mobility strategy: HP in the retail and consumer goods industries

Session Abstract: Personalization, transparency and information are at your consumers' and associates' fingertips. Researching, comparing and buying are taking place online and in-store-even online while in your store. But mobility is more than the front-end device. Leading retailers and manufacturers need a comprehensive and coherent mobile strategy-one that includes handhelds and the dynamic infrastructure that ensures the right information gets to the right consumer at the right time. Learn how HP can enable holistic mobility solutions for both retailers and consumer goods manufacturers, leveraging its expertise in these industries and its full portfolio of software, hardware and services.
    Content Level: Business
    Session Type: Breakout Session

Primary HP Speaker:
    Brent Brown
    Worldwide Industry Principal, Retail and Consumer Goods
    HP

HP Co-speaker:
    Jay Dark
    Manager of Mobile, Digital Strategy Group
    HP
    Not sure why but I have a strong feeling its going to be an announcement of release (on June 20th). In other words, they won't release anything on the 6th, but will say the Touchpad will be released on the 20th, and you can preorder one starting today. Something to that effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Not sure why but I have a strong feeling its going to be an announcement of release (on June 20th). In other words, they won't release anything on the 6th, but will say the Touchpad will be released on the 20th, and you can preorder one starting today. Something to that effect.
    I hear you. It just feels like such a wasted opportunity. They should have TouchPads registering the people at the conference, HP reps carrying TouchPads to let people know where the sessions are, HP TouchPad/Pre3 demo area, then McCartney showing it off at the concert.

They should even consider giving out free Veers, set up with 'breaking news' updates and trip and flight planners carried over conference wifi.
    I hope they give all these IT people a free TP!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I agree, June 6th is right around the corner I doubt they would release it so soon, since no announcements were made yet. June 6th followed by two weeks of hype, anticipation and pre-orders will make for a grand launch on the 20th & a great way to kick off the official start of summer.
    Well, whatever it is, I'm sure HP wants the IT attendees at HP Discover to have such a clear idea about webOS and devices, that they would be ready to write orders. I'm sure HP/Palm has its salespeople there for both private and public meetings and plans immediate follow up calls to attendees.

Article on front page of PreCentral says Walmart will begin ordering the devices on June 2nd and have them in stores by June 6th. I think that is set up to send a message to the market that HP is ready to deliver when it launches (a message HP failed to deliver in Feb and it looks like now they are getting it right).
  8.    #28  
    IMHO June 6th two thinhs might happen:

1.-available for pre-order on WalMart and
    2.-at the HP Discover as well.

I hope HP will have a big store at the event.

Planned availabilty for Summer, might sound just like "planned", and launch might be before summer, but if HP keep "summer" the first day of USA summer starts in June 21st.
    Well I hope something related to release dates/carriers etc happens next week at this event.

I was reading engadget this morning, and Viewsonic, Samsung, ASUS, and Gigabyte are announcing new tablet devices today... the tablet segment is quickly filling up and these latest ones have some interesting capabilities.

Asus has the phone/tablet all in one device, that is really 2 devices.
    Samsung has an "enhanced" 4G Galaxy Tab.
    Viewsonic has a 7" Honeycomb tablet, and a dual Win/Android boot Viewpad
    Gigabyte has a Windows tab with USB 3 and other features.

My feeling is, HP is going to really have to -bring it- to match up with what some of these other companies are innovating on the tablet idea. The TouchPad may be there first gen product, but for sure, the TP2 needs to have additional functionality (or at least the option for it) in the next go around.

For instance, it is still not exactly known whether or not the TP will have robust document and spreadsheet soultions. It would be great to be able to hook an external USB hard drive.

Just some thoughts.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    Well I hope something related to release dates/carriers etc happens next week at this event.

I was reading engadget this morning, and Viewsonic, Samsung, ASUS, and Gigabyte are announcing new tablet devices today... the tablet segment is quickly filling up and these latest ones have some interesting capabilities.

Asus has the phone/tablet all in one device, that is really 2 devices.
    Samsung has an "enhanced" 4G Galaxy Tab.
    Viewsonic has a 7" Honeycomb tablet, and a dual Win/Android boot Viewpad
    Gigabyte has a Windows tab with USB 3 and other features.

My feeling is, HP is going to really have to -bring it- to match up with what some of these other companies are innovating on the tablet idea. The TouchPad may be there first gen product, but for sure, the TP2 needs to have additional functionality (or at least the option for it) in the next go around.

For instance, it is still not exactly known whether or not the TP will have robust document and spreadsheet soultions. It would be great to be able to hook an external USB hard drive.

Just some thoughts.
    Acer android 3.1 Iconia tab500 is also coming for $449,99 .

HP has to boost TV advertise for the TouchPad 1 showing the differentiations the others donīt have, at least on software performance and on connectivity with other webos devices.
  11. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    its looking more and more like the right event for final launch details . . .where is the PREORDER opportunity??? I'm ready ~
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    its looking more and more like the right event for final launch details . . .where is the PREORDER opportunity??? I'm ready ~
    Stay tuned
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Stay tuned
    I thought it would be AllthingsD and was disappointed it was not. Apotheker seemed to say he is asking the engineers to make the TouchPad "perfect" before it gets released.
    That sounds like software issues, yes, as presumably hardware has already been manufactured?

Then do you think the TouchPad launch announcement will be at the Paul McCartney concert at the end of HP Discover?
    Gonna knock this back up, since we're here now
    Can't wait ...
    I think you guys shouldn't expect much from this. I don't see any webOS people in the keynote speakers list.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  17. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    any PreCentral folks there??? Any forum regulars there???
  18.    #39  
  19.    #40  
    Hello!

As a follow up to the previous e-mail on the HP TouchPad I am excited to say that the release date is getting closer.

I still can’t get specific with any release date info, but we have reached a point where I would like to get a bit of a better feel for your level of interest in the product. If you would like a call back please reply with your information and preferred time slot to be contacted.

Any specific questions have been forwarded to the Palm folks, but as I understand it they have not been as proactive as we would have liked. If this is the case in your specific situation please re-forward any unanswered questions. I will do my best to obtain some info for you.

I am truly excited about this opportunity as the TouchPad is without question going to be a game changer!

Thanks again,

Description: cid:image001.gif@01CC0A65.7D71DAD0

Kyle Knox
    Transactional Sales Rep
    Small & Medium Business
    Hewlett-Packard
    800-277-8988 ex 7815462 Phone
    310-941-2879 Cell
    1-214-451-6488 Fax
    kyle.knox@hp.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast