1.    #1  
    Am I the only one that doesnt like how these are handled on the touchpad's bigger screen? Basically all they are doing is keeping them the same size as on the Pre and just sticking them in the middle of the screen? There must be a better way, a better looking way, to display them.

So any ideas?
    Yeah - I didn't like it when Apple did it on the iPad (slide-to-unlock and notification windows) and I'm not a giant fan of it on the TouchPad, either. Then again, I'm not sure where I'd stack notifications on the lock screen that would be better. Front-and-center is at least eye-catching and exactly where it needs to be to get you to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I, too, was thinking about the lock-screen, and what could be done with it on the iPad.
    You can still do this with your iPad lock screen (iPhone used for this example):

Updates in real time - user-selectable item categories to display.
    I feel like the notifications should be where they appear normally on the Touchpad, at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You can still do this with your iPad lock screen (iPhone used for this example):

Updates in real time - user-selectable item categories to display.
    Is it Lockinfo? Apple patented their version of today screen, similar to Lockinfo, but I haven't heard anything about implementation.

I'm confused why no one in webOS dev community haven't tried to utilize Pre's lock screen for some sort of advanced notifications. Is it much work and no money in return, or webOS can't handle lock screen apps.

Lack of Today screen-lockinfo alternatives, and complete lack of interest to introduce some sort of it on webOS is one of main reasons why I've moved from webOS platform. Second is lack of EQ, but it is for another thread...
  6.    #6  
    I feel the lock screen should be where all the glancable information should be, much like the iphone screenshots that have been posted above, though not sure how that would scale to a tablet device any better than what we have, would just look insanely busy...
    doesn't the touchpad have exhibition mode when on the touchholder?

Where do notifications show up then?
    if picture above is Lockinfo, than its not just notifications. every field (emails, sms, calendar... ) is active, so tapping on it opens scrollable mail preview and even option to reply, return call, read and replay to sms from lockscreen...