Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    In the HP event, a 10" touchpad with a rear camera was shown in the opening video - maybe this is the 10" touchpad seen in the leaked memo for Sept 2011?

Do a reverse ferret on rear facing cameras here.
    i think that was a FFC. were you talking about the son and father?
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I can't rewind - over on the event thread, dingwall1 notes:

In the webcast, in a video right before Leo comes on, they show a touchpad with a rear camera, and they even show the dad taking a picture with it. REAR CAMERA 10" TOUCHPAD!!
    I've been trying to watch the the stream but it's strictly RealPlayer or Windows Media player.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    In the HP event, a 10" touchpad with a rear camera was shown in the opening video - maybe this is the 10" touchpad seen in the leaked memo for Sept 2011?

Yes that is also what I thought we were seeing. Maybe it was just simply a Skype session using the front camera, but I guess we'll know more later when the video is provided for rebroadcast.

For that matter, how important is a rear camera on a tablet and I only see it being added to compete against Apple's iPad 2. Sorli...
    i saw the tablet with a rear facing camera but i thought it was the slate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    If everything HP does with WebOS begins with matching Apple, they are doomed.
    if you can't beat them you have to ATLEAST match them. I mean I would love to be levels above everyone else. but not having a rear facing camera is just 1 more catergory the touchpad is outclassed by the ipad2. the less of those the better.
    got any links ??lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    If everything HP does with WebOS begins with matching Apple, they are doomed.
    i think if all they can do is match them they are in trouble. they need to bring more on the software side and i don't mean interface wise i mean they need some killer apps. Whether they make em or someone else does.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

at what time roughly in the video, i'm looking now.
    FOUND IT! 6:36

Definitely looks like a touchpad with a rear camera. even looks like it had a flash.

HP Summit 2011

A secret not unveiled or a future wish. ?

No changes on the TouchPad specifications palm.com/us site yet for the rear camera.
    How about we just wait for the release and try it ourselves before everyone starts slamming on it. Kind of ridiculous that it hasn't even gotten out of the gate and its already the typical negative stuff.

Please keep the comments on-topic.

<thread cleaned>
    It's possible it could have been intended to be a last minute surprise feature, but I don't know. Their ability to communicate clearly and market anything effectively seems terribly lacking at the moment and in recent history.

Either way I hope it ends up there. I played with an iPad 2 the other day and I think the rear facing camera is something people could get really creative with. I would have fun with it and a good photo editing package.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    ^I'm with you pastorrich1, I know HP is using the excuse of "who would want to hold a big device up in the air "like this" (holds up in front of face) and take a picture?" Well... I would if it had a cool app on there to share a photo. I think they missed the on-ramp for the freeway if by not adding a rear camera on their first device.

Either way, I'll grab one when they hit the market in June. Just seems it would actually be a no-brainer decision for a company when you figure the benefits.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    It's possible it could have been intended to be a last minute surprise feature, but I don't know. Their ability to communicate clearly and market anything effectively seems terribly lacking at the moment and in recent history.

Either way I hope it ends up there. I played with an iPad 2 the other day and I think the rear facing camera is something people could get really creative with. I would have fun with it and a good photo editing package.
    Oh well if they had a product matching the iPad 2 in both software + hardware I bet they would have clearly communicated it to the general public by marketing its launch date.

I am hoping they have more little surprises for June launch.
    Point noted... but lets please not make this yet another HP vs. iPad thread. Let's please keep this about HP and a rear camera.
    We're assuming it's AR. It could be a 3D CAD model of the boys bedroom aligned with the TouchPad compass and Gyro.

The camera is just a sticker, like the ones idiots put on the back of there cars to make everyone think it really is a Turbo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    This is what I'm thinking. It seems there is a lot to be left open.

However, I don't really care whether it's there or not.

On a side note... Did anyone notice the crazy amount of HP branded apps in this video? They may be fake, but it seems as though HP has a lot up it's sleeve in terms of apps. Also, TTS for music? And the Pre3 seemingly WORLDWIDE? Could all be bs for marketing purposes to excite their shareholders, but it seems they're looking to go beyond...
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Point noted... but lets please not make this yet another HP vs. iPad thread. Let's please keep this about HP and a rear camera.
    A serious HD lens would be great, though I doubt folks will use it as Camcorder ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast