Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    See:
    TouchPad set for a June release, priced from $499; 7-inch coming in September?

Note this thread is only about the TouchPad. If you want to discuss the other tablet info shown in the photo in the Other Devices forum, please go to this thread link:

Pricing for Next 10 Tablets Leaked - PreCentral Exclusive!
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/19/2011 at 10:23 AM.
    link sends me to a 404 error --
    early aprily fools?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    link sends me to a 404 error --
    early aprily fools?
    Sorry, typo, fixed.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Just to confirm this - in the Q&A at the HP event yesterday, Leo confirmed that it would be out in June followed by wave after wave of technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Just to confirm this - in the Q&A at the HP event yesterday, Leo confirmed that it would be out in June followed by wave after wave of technology.
    I wonder who got chewed out by Leo after the 9 February announcement resulting in the acceleration of the TP to market?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I wonder who got chewed out by Leo after the 9 February announcement resulting in the acceleration of the TP to market?
    On what are you basing the assumption that there was an acceleration to market?
    They always said it was coming out in summer. June is summer last I checked.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Summer officially begins at 17:16 UTC on 21 Jun 2011 and ends at 09:05 UTC on 23 Sep 2011. If they can get the Touchpad in customer hands by 10:15 PDT on 21 June, they will have beaten their estimated release window of "summer."
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Here is a leak from Staples tablet guide.

Staples' slate of slates leaks out, corroborates Samsung 8.9-incher and the HP Opal?

You'll see that Samsung's 8.9-inch Galaxy Tab makes a cameo, as does the 7-inch HP Opal we told you about early this year, and both the BlackBerry PlayBook and Dell Streak 7's appearances align with recent rumors we've seen. The only outlier is an April release date for the Motorola Xoom WiFi, which ads peg for March 27th. The rest is practically a who's who of upcoming tablets, so we'll spare you the full churn of the rumor mill.

Sfm Evo
    We aready knew about the opal so this leak has leaked nothing.

Thats great but what about the Pre 3???!! When is that being released...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    On what are you basing the assumption that there was an acceleration to market?
    Newer HP Touchpad video: Mid-Summer Launch(July) and 5MP FF Camera

"Planned availability this summer"

""Coming this summer," with pricing to be determined "at a later date." Bah, humbug!"

So with availability estimates from several sources (including HP) described as a vague "sometime this summer" (for the wifi only), it's ironic that HP isn't as confident in a strongly specific "June 2011" date as several folks on these boards seem to be. So if the June date is true, it reflects a more concerted effort by HP to get the device out earlier than originally planned.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    they may not have changed the release date for it but trust me someones *** got chewed. hp's ceo just a couple of weeks ago was talking about them no longer taking that 6 month release window thing anymore and here they went again....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    We aready knew about the opal so this leak has leaked nothing.
    But it added the definitive "coming soon" release date to both HP devices, so you can be sure Staples is another good source for upcoming device release information.
    <merged>
    ...So with availability estimates from several sources (including HP) described as a vague "sometime this summer" (for the wifi only), it's ironic that HP isn't as confident in a strongly specific "June 2011" date as several folks on these boards seem to be. So if the June date is true, it reflects a more concerted effort by HP to get the device out earlier than originally planned.
    June is still sometime this summer. HP tightening up the release date doesn't indicate an "acceleration to market", it means they're on target.

Pundits claims that it would be late summer wasn't HP's claims. They've always simply said it had a planned summer release.
    HP just announced the pricing of the TouchPad for the European market:

WiFi 16GB: 499€
    WiFi 32GB: 599€

Release date will be in June. The 3G version with 32 GB will start shipping around 6 weeks after the release of the WiFi-ony-version with the following pricing:

WiFi+3G 32GB: 699€

Presumably, they will just change the € to a $, just like Apple does.

They also mentioned, that the Touch-to-Share-Technology is a combination of bluetooth and NFC. So, the Pre3 and the TouchPad will have a NFC-chip inside.
    Link?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast