Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I thought it wasn't NFC technology though?

Touchstone v2 will communicate its identity, probably isn't NFC | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Sounds fishy to me... But I would expect the prices right there anyway.
    Just looks like an "annoucement" based on the rehashed leaks and the recent statement from Leo. When HP officially announces price and availability, it will be all over the place, but it won't be any new info.

I'm curious to hear about carrier partnerships.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Just looks like an "annoucement" based on the rehashed leaks and the recent statement from Leo. When HP officially announces price and availability, it will be all over the place, but it won't be any new info.

I'm curious to hear about carrier partnerships.
    I agree with you there.....I just hope those prices are true.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I bet this info is correct even if it may not be legitimate. But in order for hp to be competitive and compared to there marketing plan europe and how they've prices their phones previously and in order to stay competitive a starter touchpad would have to be maximum $500 and it could only go lower.
    I hope those prices aren't true because 499 euro would equal $698.85 US. Ouch.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Nah the US prices will probably be the same.
    How much is the ipad2 priced in euros?
    Those numbers are good if they are in u.s. Dollars... If they do sell at the true converted price then that's too much.

Btw... What the heck is with HP announcing pricing for european units first? Didn't they also release the new pre+ in Europe first before u.s? I thought HP was an American company.

(I guess it was palm that released the pre+... Anyways, was just thinking the u.s market would be the most important one so wondering why no official info for us)
    Last edited by donm527; 03/17/2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Euro usually translates roughly 1:1 into dollar Our prices are always including VAT and since we are way cooler than you we can pay more for technology J/K, it sucks paying more than you

heise is a very credible news site and they claim their source is dpa

€dith: The prices of the iPad 2 should be the exact same. But I think the prices for the TouchPad might fall quicker
    Yeah... Wish we had 4 cents a gallon gas like they do in Venezuela. The money saved compared to here per month then I wouldn't care what the touchpad cost

Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Euro usually translates 1:1 into dollar Our prices are always including VAT and since we are better than you we can pay more for technology ... J/K, it sucks paying more than you

heise is a very credible news site and they claim their source is dpa
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Yeah... Wish we had 4 cents a gallon gas like they do in Venezuela. The money saved compared to here per month then I wouldn't care what the touchpad cost
    Here in Germany we pay (converted) around 8,5$ per gallon gas, so you can be pleased to live in the US! 4 Cents is really a good price for that in Venezuela!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm wondering what they will bring to the table before the launch. Pricing it the same as the iPad 2 will be a tough sell unless there are some pretty amazing apps and other integration. I understand that the xoom is priced much higher but considering the uncanny similarities to this device and the iPad it seems like a much more likely comparison. Here's to hoping they decide to drop the price by $50.
    Why launch in Europe first, if true?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Hey guy believe it or not it seems the disaster in Japan may affect the touchpad and pre3. seems like qualcomm had a factory and the damaged area.....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    <<threads mergedededed>>
    <thread cleansed>

Please stay on-topic. If you wish to talk about the other devices on the market, we have a thread going already:
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...exclusive.html
    Stupid question, have we heard whether the touchstone dock is included with the purchase, or does it cost extra? (I imagine it's sold separately).

I think that might be a good way to entice buyers. It definitely isn't that expensive to manufacture, so if they do sell the 16GB Wifi TouchPad at $499, including the TouchStone dock would be a nice selling point and advertisement.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Stupid question, have we heard whether the touchstone dock is included with the purchase, or does it cost extra? (I imagine it's sold separately).

I think that might be a good way to entice buyers. It definitely isn't that expensive to manufacture, so if they do sell the 16GB Wifi TouchPad at $499, including the TouchStone dock would be a nice selling point and advertisement.
    I can see it bundled with the more expensive models

[QUOTE=sketch42;2912578]I can see it bundled with the more expensive models

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

I can see it sold for 69.99 without a cable...
    Also, why is there no 16 GB 3g version?
    It'll be separate... They'll want to milk it... Not for just the wireless charging but for the hdmi out. At least $50 option I think. They should make a microusb hdmi cable though for people that do not want to lug a touchstone base with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I can see it bundled with the more expensive models

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast