1.    #1  
    Mobile Processors | Snapdragon | Qualcomm

HP's web site specs the processor as APQ8060 with Adreno 220 GPU - Dual core 1.5 ghz - look at the bottom of the section to see the TouchPad mentioned as a "Featured Product". The differences between the 8060 and the other processors is that the connectivity features (3G, wireless, etc) are not included, because its targetted to the large screen products, while the others are for smartphones, where, I would venture to think that having them on board saves a ton of room and weight.

As you can see, I believe that the dual CPUs for the TP are being underclocked from a potential 1.5 Ghz to 1.2 ghz, likely for energy efficiency, like the Apple A5 was (rated at 1 ghz, but, clocked to 900 mhz, according to Engadgets story yesterday).

According to the downladable spec sheet from another link in the link above, this sports a 60% performance improvement over competing Arm A9 solutions.

Optimizations have begun! ??
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

good find I was looking for this info, since the Ipad 2 was announced to be running at 900mhz. So essentially once optimized, and ready for consumer consumption the Touchpad should fly.
    Wouldn't be the first time HP does that. The processor in the Pre- was underclocked as well. The processor was rated at 600 MHz but ran at 500 MHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time HP does that. The processor in the Pre- was underclocked as well. The processor was rated at 600 MHz but ran at 500 MHz.
    yup though it was palm at the time, but yup thats what they did. Of course the assumption is for better battery performance which means very little when the OS is not optimized.