Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Soooo is the consensus here that it does have a 5MP camera or 1.3MP and they guy was mistaken?

Personally, keeping price constant, I would love to see a 5MP FF camera
    1.3 mpxl.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

i would really like clarification from HP if that guy was an ***** or if something changed.
    I can see the niche uses for a rear facing camera on the phone, and some of them can still be used by bringing the object in front of the pad, but, in reality, it's a lot different than the need for the camera on a phone. People aren't just going to be wielding this thing around to take pictures and scan barcodes. It's way too big and cumbersome for that stuff. The overwhelming majority wouldn't use it much, if ever.

Having said that, however, I do think they should have just gone ahead and put it on there. What harm would there have been. I imagine the next iteration will have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Uhh.. You don't have to turn the tablet around to take the pictures of the small items you want, you can bring the item to the front of the tablet.
    Which you can do with a phone, so why put the cam on the back on phones? Maybe because you'd like to look at the screen while you're taking the shot since there is no view finder? How can you support holding the document in front of a tablet as viable and yet support the notion that holding up a tablet to take a shot is not? That's strange. I suppose with a group chat I should turn the tablet around as well and hope the other members are in the shot (maybe I can angle it precisely enough to be able to see that they are? Maybe if I'm in a conference and we are white-boarding I can turn my table around and just asking the person on the other end to "tell me when you can see the image"...because you know...holding a tablet up to take a shot with a back cam would be too awkward. Anyway, the point is there are uses (beyond point-and-shoot) for a back camera on a tablet. I've touched on a few and there are more.
    Just to add a note to the argument about video chatting and a rear facing camera,

my family often has skype calls with family in California for holidays, we use one of the family's laptops and we often do the "turn laptop around to see rest of family" and while it may be slightly awkward, it never seemed like a problem to me. Though i could see the possible uses for a rear facing camera. either way, its not make or break for me. if i wanna show someone something that I'm video chatting with i will just turn the tablet around.
    What about for ever note?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    What they need is the pre3 to tap to share photos and videos. And the touchpad needs an awesome photo editor and video editor.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Which you can do with a phone, so why put the cam on the back on phones? Maybe because you'd like to look at the screen while you're taking the shot since there is no view finder? How can you support holding the document in front of a tablet as viable and yet support the notion that holding up a tablet to take a shot is not? That's strange. I suppose with a group chat I should turn the tablet around as well and hope the other members are in the shot (maybe I can angle it precisely enough to be able to see that they are? Maybe if I'm in a conference and we are white-boarding I can turn my table around and just asking the person on the other end to "tell me when you can see the image"...because you know...holding a tablet up to take a shot with a back cam would be too awkward. Anyway, the point is there are uses (beyond point-and-shoot) for a back camera on a tablet. I've touched on a few and there are more.
    Lol, I never said a back camera wasn't a good thing. I only said bringing a small item to the front of the touchpad is better then turning the pad around, the idea of which, I found silly for small items.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I think ecosystems are good but why force me to use a phone to do something that I need to do on my tablet? So if I want to scan a check for deposit I need to go get my phone? If a doctor serving a patient needs to scan the barcode of a prescription she needs to reah for her phone? If I'm using my tablet to do something, I'd rather continue on my tablet.
    I'm not disagreeing with you
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Lol, I never said a back camera wasn't a good thing. I only said bringing a small item to the front of the touchpad is better then turning the pad around, the idea of which, I found silly for small items.
    Ok, looks like I misunderstood your post. Apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you
    That's fine. This was just a counter point. Touch to share is cool but I'd hate for it to get in the way (much like I feel the reliance of a BB phone gets in the way of the PlayBook). I may not have worded it clearly but what I was getting at is that if I was already on the phone and wanted to move to the tablet device, Touch to share comes in handy. If I'm already doing something with the tablet I wouldn't want to have to switch to my phone to complete a step that I should be able to do on the tablet device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Soooo is the consensus here that it does have a 5MP camera or 1.3MP and they guy was mistaken?

Personally, keeping price constant, I would love to see a 5MP FF camera
    Doesn't the Pre 3 have a 5mp camera? I think he was mixing the two up. I know that this is probably a stupid statement, but doesn't that camera look too small to be 5mp?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12