1.    #1  
    Below are the latest tweets from Serena showing her support for the HP Touchpad. Good to see she is really looking forward to her Touchpad!

Also, note her number of followers, almost 2 MILLION!

Serena's Followers (1,949,330)

Serena Williams
    they should be waiting in line for HP's new touch pad!
    44 minutes ago

Serena Williams
    People waiting for ipad 2 crazy Serena Williams's photos - People waiting for ipad 2 crazy | Plixi
    1 hour ago
    Last edited by RoverNole; 03/11/2011 at 10:29 PM.
    I wonder if she's being paid.
    i'm sure she's getting paid. paying for tweets is pretty common now.
    and thus the media blitz begins!
    Not only is she being paid, but she's not even tweeting it herself. Paying for someone to keep your social media updated is the norm (when you are promoting something; plenty of celebs do their own tweeting, but when they are selling a product its usually being handled by an ad agency. I have an agency doing my organization's tweets)
    yes i've seen that too. But i seriously doubt they got someone of her stature for free. nothing wrong with that though. That's business. That's smart.
  7.    #7  
    Well, she may be on the payroll, but I am willing to bet she does her own tweeting, just read her tweet log.

Normally if you are paying or getting someone to tweet for you, they usually are more gramatically correct, ie; a person hired to tweet would probably make sure to say Touchpad vs touch pad.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 03/11/2011 at 10:02 PM.
    I just think that all these threads need to stop criticing the TouchPad eventhough it isn't even out and no one other that HP and her have even touched it.
    *mini rant over*
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Well, she may be on the payroll, but I am willing to bet she does her own tweeting, just read her tweet log.

Normally if you are paying or getting someone to tweet for you, they usually are more gramatically correct, ie; a person hired to tweet would probably make sure to say Touchpad vs touch pad.
    She certainly might be. No question that some do.

But don't go by grammatical-correctness. That's all part of "authentic voice."

If they tweeter is usually grammatically correct, the paid tweeters mimic that. If they aren't, they mimic that too.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    She certainly might be. No question that some do.

But don't go by grammatical-correctness. That's all part of "authentic voice."

If they tweeter is usually grammatically correct, the paid tweeters mimic that. If they aren't, they mimic that too.
    Valid points. I am just glad to see her support. Being in HP's position, I hope to see MANY more celebs, etc marketing their devices.

I think they need not leave any stones unturned.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 03/11/2011 at 10:26 PM.
    Funny how she posted this as soon as another forum member here called her out saying that she didnt like it...

conspiracy conspiracy... tsk tsk
    That video is painful to watch! I think it does more harm than good. No good points came from it other than cards. It was embarrassingly laggy and not finished.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html