Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I plan on buying 2 touchpads and 2 Pre3's as long as the touchpad comes in at a reasonable pricepoint (and the Pre3 comes to Sprint, yea, lots of assuming on my end).

However, all one really needs to do is watch how Serena Williams was handling and interacting with the TouchPad to know that it won't sell very well. I'm hoping it won't flop, and better yet hoping that I'm totally wrong, but HP has seriously dropped the ball with this product. Yes, I know it needs a ton of optimization, but that's not what people saw when it was presented. They saw a choppy, laggy, slower device.

All you need to do is look at how Serena was trying to quickly flip through pages in the Kindle app (like the iPad 2 was doing). HP should have never debuted the TouchPad until it had a core bunch of apps that were fully optimized and ready to show.

I think your average consumer will look at iPad 2 review videos, then look at Touchpad videos and will go buy an iPad. They won't be informed enough to understand the differences in Apple's "Multitasking" and other deficiencies and will be happy with their purchase, not even knowing what they're missing. I tend to think most of these people will end up being Apple users for life.

Here's to hoping I'm completely clueless.
    I think it is a bad idea for HP to be showing off a product in this fashion that clearly isn't finished. But with that said, I also don't think these things will turn away your average consumer (not yet anyways). HP still has plenty of time to iron out the kinks before putting the TouchPad out. Here's to hoping they do that AND show it off when it is done.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    they used the wrong person for this presentation. They should hire neil patrick harris. The is smart, funny and magical. People should think webos is like him and not like williams, who is often angry, loud and mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I think it is a bad idea for HP to be showing off a product in this fashion that clearly isn't finished. But with that said, I also don't think these things will turn away your average consumer (not yet anyways). HP still has plenty of time to iron out the kinks before putting the TouchPad out. Here's to hoping they do that AND show it off when it is done.
    Well said. HP's TP wasn't ready to be unveiled, but for some reason they felt compelled to announce it anyway. Since none of the events subsequent to the 9 Feb announcement seem to be catching the public's eye, this probably won't mean much to HP's long-term marketing efforts with this device. Still, it's a risky thing to do without much reward potential.

If Serena Williams had been asked to choose between a TP and an iPad2 (after also playing with it), which one do you think she would have picked?
    whichever came with the most endorsement $$
    I totaly agree with the Thread starter. Hw acceleration with no hiccups @60 fps si alfa omega. Sadly it doesn't seem like mojo will ever be hw accelerated(look at webOS 2.1, everything other than apps is hw accelerated). But Hw acceleration is promised with enyo. I may skip the veer/pre^3 generation(windows phone 7 instead maybe) and only go for the touchpad.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Where was this? Any links?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12