Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Sorry, my bad...missed the "I'm not at home" part...my apologies...
    Serious question though, can the iPad 'blast' music though? I've never heard one play...
    You should play with one then before bashing it.

So every video I saw the Palm rep spouts "Stereo Speakers with beats audio" but they never show off the great sound. Then again Maybe they don't have the music app coded yet

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    That's right, makes sense...I was going to purchase a Kindle, then noticed the Touchpad coming with Kindle, so will wait....however, just supposing I had to search through the 65k apps for a reading app...must be hundreds, right?
    And then I had to search for an email app, must be hundreds too, right? How do I decide which one I want? How much time must I waste deciding which 1 of those hundreds I really need? Or are you suggesting I just pick the first in the list and see how it suits my taste. I'm thinking, if I have 1 of each app, I'd have to use it, right? It does the work right? Now my mind is easier, because I don't have to worry about the hundreds of other similar apps out there which might just be better every time I use my one app....which does what I need...
    Wow!

Based on that, don't ever go buy a car or a bike or a house or a pair of tennis or a computer or a phone or a TV or a washing machine or a watch or an app or a pair of jeans or a cruise or a cell phone or a glass of wine because the options out there will drive you nuts.
    thinness vs speakers?

for me it shouldn't be one of the other but either way my answer is neither is a big deal to me. The thinner stuff get's the more likely i am to crack it in two when i accidently sit on it and "thinner" isn't a big selling point for me. its not a negative but it's not really that much of a positive either.

As for speakers i just don't normally listen to music through the internal speakers of a device. i got external speakers for my tv, i got external speakers for my laptop, and when it's not used at my desk where the speakers are, like when i'm in a coffee shop, i normally use earphones. Which makes me think it would be a great selling point if a touchpad came with a free pair of Beats By Dre headphones. The preferably the good ones not just the cheaper solos. But i rarely use the audio speakers in my hp laptop because even the supposedly higher quality ones in my laptop don't sound that great.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Wow!

Based on that, don't ever go buy a car or a bike or a house or a pair of tennis or a computer or a phone or a TV or a washing machine or a watch or an app or a pair of jeans or a cruise or a cell phone or a glass of wine because the options out there will drive you nuts.
    They actually do/did you know...except for the cell phone part: Palm, now HP for me...if not the world...no other phone makes sense...but we digress...
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    By the way folks...instead of bashing the people who realise the iPad2 is a piece of junk (again, see endgadget's review)...why don't you go bash Steve Jobs for trying to fool you...and ask him to hasten the arrival of iPad3?
    By the way folks...instead of bashing the people who realise the iPad2 is a piece of junk (again, see endgadget's review)...why don't you go bash Steve Jobs for trying to fool you...and ask him to hasten the arrival of iPad3?
    Did we read the same review?

It might frustrate the competition to hear this, but it needs to be said: the iPad 2 isn't just the best tablet on the market, it feels like the only tablet on the market.
    [...] apps like GarageBand prove that we haven't even scratched the surface of what the iPad can do.
    [...] the iPad 2 is as good as it gets right now. And it's really quite good.
    iPad2 is a piece of junk (again, see endgadget's review)
    that's pretty misleading.

"the iPad 2 is as good as it gets right now. And it's really quite good." that's the final line of the Engadget review.

every product has weaknesses. And highlighting them doesn't equate to a product being a piece of junk. No where do they call it a piece of junk. The Engadget review doesn't say anything close to it being a bad product.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    that's pretty misleading.
    i think that was the intent lol it gave me a good evening laugh.

And at the top of the wrap up...

"It might frustrate the competition to hear this, but it needs to be said: the iPad 2 isn't just the best tablet on the market, it feels like the only tablet on the market."
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i think that was the intent lol it gave me a good evening laugh.

And at the top of the wrap up...

"It might frustrate the competition to hear this, but it needs to be said: the iPad 2 isn't just the best tablet on the market, it feels like the only tablet on the market."
    ummm...since the Touchpad isn't here right now..the ipad must feel like the only tablet...
    but you missed "buggy software", " the general size and shape of the device has remained the same",
    " most of the iPad 2's changes are cosmetic",
    "if you're working in GarageBand (or just listening to music or watching video), you'll want good headphones or decent speakers nearby" (NOTE: Garage Band is a main touted feature!),
    "Let's just put this out there: the iPad 2 cameras are really pretty bad. " (New feature!)
    "We still have to take issue with the lack of Flash, however. "
    "we had some major, system-stalling crashes which required a reboot of the iPad"
    "The version of iMovie we tested -- like GarageBand -- was slightly buggy and prone to full on crashes while we were editing, and we did have to backtrack and recreate some of our edits after one of the crashes. It wasn't tragic (no actual content was lost), but we're hoping Apple takes a long look at the bug reports which are sure to pour in."
    "Is the iPad 2 a perfect product? Absolutely not. The cameras are severely lacking, the screen -- while extremely high quality -- is touting last year's spec, and its operating system still has significant annoyances, like the aggravating pop-up notifications. "
    "For owners of the previous generation, we don't think Apple's put a fire under you to upgrade."

LOL...I can understand you wanting to get the iPad2 because it's out there right now...and you're Apple fans and all...I can't understand buying something to experience the crap listed up there...
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    LOL...reading back my list up there...Steve Jobs stuffed down your throats the iPad 1.3 (3 things, thinner, lighter, has cameras)... and you're all excited...
    Yup. It also got a 9/10. You wait the touchpad. Once you get one then we can talk

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    LOL...reading back my list up there...Steve Jobs stuffed down your throats the iPad 1.3 (3 things, thinner, lighter, has cameras)... and you're all excited...
    Not sure what your intent is here.
    Are you trying to convince people to buy a TouchPad? In a Palm/HP centric forum?
    Are you trying to tell iPad buyers that they are stupid or suckers? Not sure if that is going to go over very well.

Fact is, people will buy what they want...justify it however they want...will enjoy it and think it's the best thing they ever bought (in the last six months) or they'll regret spending the five, six or seven hundred bucks on something they don't like or don't use.

All you need to do is read some reviews and make your own decision. No need to judge others for doing so and perhaps making a different choice.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Not sure what your intent is here.
    Are you trying to convince people to buy a TouchPad? In a Palm/HP centric forum?
    Are you trying to tell iPad buyers that they are stupid or suckers? Not sure if that is going to go over very well.

Fact is, people will buy what they want...justify it however they want...will enjoy it and think it's the best thing they ever bought (in the last six months) or they'll regret spending the five, six or seven hundred bucks on something they don't like or don't use.

All you need to do is read some reviews and make your own decision. No need to judge others for doing so and perhaps making a different choice.
    Actually no...I'm just getting back at those Apple lovers that choose to come way over here into the HP centric forum...to tell me about the 'wonders' of Apple products...
    LMAO...Thanks again...2nd good laugh...

But I will be honest and say... I can't argue with logic like yours.
    Keep up the good work and keep posting and representing.

Actually no...I'm just getting back at those Apple lovers that choose to come way over here into the HP centric forum...to tell me about the 'wonders' of Apple products...
  15.    #115  
    Ok, this thread is officially turned to crap.

How hard is it to understand a comparison I was making.

1. iPad 1 speaker SUCKED huge. It's no secret that HP looked at the iPad 1 and created a device that made up for all its shortcomings and more. HP made a point in their presentation to say that laptops and smaller devices have been relegated to serving as a main source of music and sound media over the past few years. Whether you want to think so or not, they're pushing the music processing and sound quality of the touchpad vs its competition.

2. Apple, instead of addressing literally the biggest complaint of the iPad 1, its sound quality, decided to focus on the thinness of the design of iPad 2.

HP saw a strength it could promote w/sound quality. Apple saw "it's next big design strength" as instead creating remarkably thin products. My question was simple, which quality is more important to you? I don't expect everyone to feel the same way as me; that's why I was asking. I wanted to hear what some people here found more important. That's all.

All of you people blindly defending the greatness of Apple and its iPad, I assume you spend time on some Apple forums. Have you bothered to read how much actual iPad users HATE the speaker and sound quality? For christ's sake, google it. I can't get over that the iPad 2's biggest feature is Garage Band, Engadget flat out admitted that it's garbage unless you have headphones or external speakers.

When I'm in public, I use headphones too. I don't know about you, but when I'm in my own house, I'd much rather not have to wear headphones.

Honestly, this thread started out fine with people chiming in with their opinions until somebody started talking about cameras and cost savings...
    Last edited by WindyCityPre; 03/11/2011 at 11:50 AM.
    I totally agree. Like I said upthread, I think HP has real opportunity to make music/sound "it's thing."

And the great thing, is that it will cause other tablet manufactures which includes iPad, to up its game, so all win.

I gain *nothing* by championing one brand over another except some kind of misplaced pride in choosing the "right" product. That's just dumb.

For now, battery life and customer service make me a fan of Apple's product in this category, but that doesn't come from any misplaced sense of loyalty, but more for how it benefits me.
    I dunno...the few times I played around on my father's iPad I didn't really NOTICE the speaker being all that bad. Certainly the sound was not any worse than the sound coming out of my Dell notebook. I'm no audiophile, but I usually notice if it's particularly bad...but it didn't register, so I guess I'm saying it's not the worst sound quality.
    If that's the only basis you're comparing them on, it's not enough. To me, it's only one small advantage. The OS is a bigger deal to me
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I dunno...the few times I played around on my father's iPad I didn't really NOTICE the speaker being all that bad. Certainly the sound was not any worse than the sound coming out of my Dell notebook. I'm no audiophile, but I usually notice if it's particularly bad...but it didn't register, so I guess I'm saying it's not the worst sound quality.
    If that's the only basis you're comparing them on, it's not enough. To me, it's only one small advantage. The OS is a bigger deal to me
    I didn't notice anything either. Sounded better than my iphone or ipod touch's speaker. Guess i'm not comparing these to laptops yet.

Certainly i'd like to see better speakers. Who wouldn't want better? But its not so bad as to really be a factor right now compared to other features.
    that reminds me that everyone on american idol was wearing Beats headphones in the studio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that reminds me that everyone on american idol was wearing Beats headphones in the studio.
    I love my Beats headphones, however I'm no audio expert and the more I read about headphones in general the less excited I get about my purchase.