Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    look... the funny thing is that you said wasnt the one who creates and design things.. you dont know anythign about him then... cause the reality is that he is an incredible engineer and he has had a great resume as being an engineer. but he's just not a leader. not everyone is cracked up to be a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    So he isn't a leader? Is that why he invented and lead the creation the iPod which revolutionized the Music and Tech world? Is that why 119 million iPods had been sold by the time he had left Apple in 2008? Is that why he saved Apple from bankruptcy and set it on the path which led it to be the billion dollar company it is today? Is that why WebOS is the best and fare most modern mobile Operating System to date?

Obviously, he is a horrid leader because only the worst of the worst could ever revolutionize the mobile market as much as he has.... really?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    The article said 'HP' made the decision to move them than to 'rely' on the palm team. A panic move from the ipad2 release. Their words... Not gut feeling. So it's the 4th quarter, down 1 for the championship and coach calls time out and tells the team, give the ball to Michael Jordan.
    Sounds like you missed tha "rumor" part of the article.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    no i didn't. i am just discussing it, gave my opinion on it like many others and playing with ideas if they are true just like everyone else. can't take rumors seriously but you can have a discussion and a little fun with it right?

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sounds like you missed tha "rumor" part of the article.

4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    look... the funny thing is that you said wasnt the one who creates and design things.. you dont know anythign about him then... cause the reality is that he is an incredible engineer and he has had a great resume as being an engineer. but he's just not a leader. not everyone is cracked up to be a leader.
    <<edited by moderator>> If he is not a leader then the Palm WebOS would have seen the day of the light. Besides we need the engineer in him to do his current job, which he is doing.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/08/2011 at 09:29 PM.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    he didnt invent the ipod... his claim to fame...

he found the hard drive that was small enough to make the ipod what is was.

he found the hard drive man! lol.

steve still had full control of the rest and made the ipod what it was.
    Wow, really, going by your definition, Steve J did nothing more than finding the parts bin for CPUs/Screens/Batteries...
    hey... i am just answering under the claims he made... that rubi invented the ipod and took apple out of bankruptcy and set it on the path to the billion dollar company it is today and revolutionize the mobile market.

no he didnt lol. steve did.

Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Wow, really, going by your definition, Steve J did nothing more than finding the parts bin for CPUs/Screens/Batteries...
    Say your big company buys a little company and gives them nine months to meet some initial goals.

Let's say the little acquisition turns out to be rock stars. They blow away their goals faster than you think is possible. Whatever they touch seems to turn to gold.

What would you do?

A. Split them up? Cut back their power?

B. Expand their projects, power, and control?

How executives keep score is by how much they control. Since Google bought Android in 2005 they have constantly expanded Andy Rubin's power base.
    that's an amazing assumption that a rumored change is for sure a form of discipline. This thread is one we should remember in 12 months.
    hey... i am just answering under the claims he made... that rubi invented the ipod and took apple out of bankruptcy and set it on the path to the billion dollar company it is today and revolutionize the mobile market.

no he didnt lol. steve did.
    Well, the 150 mil from Microsoft helped a little as well.
    lol. yeah, i guess steve was in a similar situation like rubi... make or break.

what a difference with the right CEO

on the flip side, sun was hours away from closing the deal and buying apple for $5-$6 a share! At least the CEO of Sun looks back and can honestly say, “There wouldn’t be iPods; there wouldn’t be iPads, I’d have screwed that up.”
    Myth!! You know that since you were around back then...

Stop the lies! The day that Microsoft 'saved' Apple | ZDNet

At that time Apple still had hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank. I don't see how MS giving Apple an additional $150 million saved them from anything.
    lol. yeah, i guess steve was in a similar situation like rubi... make or break.

what a difference with the right CEO
    Are you going to say it was the genius of SJ that lead MS to give $150 mil to keep the anti-trust folks at bay? C'mon.
    Apple wasn't dying when Jobs joined the company. Palm was dying when they hired Rubi. It would have fared far differently without Rubi. Might have still been bought out, but certainly would not have been because of WebOS, likely just for the patent portfolio. Rubi at least turned it it to something that HP thought was worth 2 bil.
    Last edited by hparsons; 03/08/2011 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Myth!! You know that since you were around back then...

Stop the lies! The day that Microsoft 'saved' Apple | ZDNet

At that time Apple still had hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank. I don't see how MS giving Apple an additional $150 million saved them from anything.
    So, explain to me where you will how you turned "150 mil from Microsoft helped a little" turns into something even remotely similar to "saving them" or lies, or any of the other hyperbolic nonsense that gets you so excited.

However, I'll do a very simple mathematical explanation for you. If you have millions, even hundreds of millions, in the bank, and you owe every bit of that and then some; yes, a hundred fifty mil or so could easily "save the day".

As far as it being myth, I said it happened (the 150 mil from MS) and that it helped a little. It did, no myth there.
    So, explain to me where you will how you turned "150 mil from Microsoft helped a little" turns into something even remotely similar to "saving them" or lies, or any of the other hyperbolic nonsense that gets you so excited.

However, I'll do a very simple mathematical explanation for you. If you have millions, even hundreds of millions, in the bank, and you owe every bit of that and then some; yes, a hundred fifty mil or so could easily "save the day".

As far as it being myth, I said it happened (the 150 mil from MS) and that it helped a little. It did, no myth there.
    To settle a lawsuit and do some cross-licensing, NOT to save Apple from bankruptcy. Nowhere in that article did it talk about bankruptcy. That's what the myth is about which is incorrect.
    lol... no. i'm saying that if apple was hurting and took the $150 million to move on, then steve was able to take what he had, and turn the company around.

that whole thing was weird. $150 was nothing to MS at the time but somehow they both benefited. and even though rumor was that apple still had a billion in cash at the time.

Hey you brought up the $150 mil, i was just saying he was able to take it and keep apple afloat. Not sure if Rubi could have done the same. History is written. He had his time and he couldnt do it. He had to sell or sink.

Yeah, at least he got $2 bill for it when he had to sell.

Are you going to say it was the genius of SJ that lead MS to give $150 mil to keep the anti-trust folks at bay? C'mon.
    Apple wasn't dying when Jobs took over. Palm was daying when they hired Rubi. It would have fared far differently without Rubi. Might have still been bought out, but certainly would not have been because of WebOS, likely just for the patent portfolio. Rubi at least turned it it to something that HP thought was worth 2 bil.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    To settle a lawsuit and do some cross-licensing, NOT to save Apple from bankruptcy. Nowhere in that article did it talk about bankruptcy. That's what the myth is about which is incorrect.
    Bankruptcy? Who in the world said anything about bankruptcy??? Go back, read what I wrote, and tell me what part of it was "myth".

If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    not a form of discipline... just that if rubi was doing a stellar job... you have your rockstar team from palm... and hp feels its critical to make sure the touchpad2 is a hit after seeing the ipad2... then you leave it with your rock star... you dont decide to move a product from one division to the other if you believe in the person/management/team who developed the touchpad1 and is in charge of it now.

if you have confidence that touchpad2 is going to be best left in rubi's hands then you leave it there. if anything you move laptop resources to palm to help rubi if touchpad2 is that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's an amazing assumption that a rumored change is for sure a form of discipline. This thread is one we should remember in 12 months.
    **OK guys.. enough with the arguing please. This thread is about HP and the TouchPad development being moved to the notebook department. Can we please stay on-topic?

Thanks!
    The PreCentral article had a lot to say that goes beyond this rumor in this front-page article today:
    HP considering moving tablet development to notebook division [rumor]

As I reread it I found that I had missed many of the key points the first time.
    If palm can just do software, good! If HP can't build apple quality and design hardware, good! (they showed they can with envy) I just want them to hurry and make the right moves cause ya ain't got forever!

I need a time machine to travel to a era HP and Palm get there act together
    Last edited by IcerC; 03/08/2011 at 11:30 PM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast