Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Rear facing camera...and build materials, weight, thickness, release date, and price.
    and hdmi and a app catalog worth something.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    That I will LOVE it!! A very mobile, thin, and light TouchPad that will dual boot in to Windows 7. I will buy that in a heart beat if Verzion will carry it!
    forget dual boot option I want simultanious booting... log into WebOS, Log into Win7

share files instantly...
    No emulation into Win7 lets show everyone TRUE multi-tasking!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    forget dual boot option I want simultanious booting... log into WebOS, Log into Win7

share files instantly...
    No emulation into Win7 lets show everyone TRUE multi-tasking!
    That will work too. Use WebOS for quick overview of your emails, contacts, calendar and for light work. Then use Windows 7 for your heavy duty work.
    I honestly think that the HP designers would have done a better job. Just look at that slate. the back of it was a superb design having that textured backing. Everything else while could be comparable that along caught my eye. I know some of the decision had to be with the touchstone but why not make a portion of it textured except for the touchstone portion. As long as Palm can continue to focus on software I think it will go far. They need to look at it as "licensing" their software to the rest of HP while letting HP develop all of the types of hardware.
    Last edited by nightdevil21; 03/08/2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    That will work too. Use WebOS for quick overview of your emails, contacts, calendar and for light work. Then use Windows 7 for your heavy duty work.
    Right, I would only go into Win 7 to use the memory, battery consuming activities within the system.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    maybe that was their feeling too... that they can do better with touchpad2 and are not gonna take any chances.

I would say that if you want a dual boot option, then start posting on it here and maybe through their monitoring of this site they'll listen and come out with a dual boot WebOS/Win7 machine to shock the world.

Someone needs to start a "HP!!! What we want in the TouchPad2" thread. Don't give up on the dual boot!!

Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    I honestly think that the HP designers would have done a better job. Just look at that slate. the back of it was a superb design having that textured backing. Everything else while could be comparable that along caught my eye. I know some of the decision had to be with the touchstone but why not make a portion of it textured except for the touchstone portion. As long as Palm can continue to focus on software I think it will go far. They need to look at it as "licensing" their software to the rest of HP while letting HP develop all of the types of software.
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm not particularly confident because hp laptop design is some of the worst in the business...
    Dual boot is not going to help webOS. I had a desktop PC with dual boot, one with very light linux instant boot, and win 7. I went to the linux once or twice, and never went back. I hardly ever reboot my machine. Win 7 computer can handle everything, only advantage of webOS is faster boot time. But once you boot up win 7, why would you want to go back to webOS? Is there anything missing from Win 7? I don't really get the idea of having webOS in PC.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    HP has been pretty competent as a company for a long time, and since they already "dissolved" Palm after their acquisition, I am sort of indifferent to this news. HP is probably just wanting to get webOs into the hands of every department of which they can think. SYNERGY IS HAPPENING, GUYS
    where did we establish that the touchpad was ever a Palm design? I thought it was the HP Slate shell, originally planned to run Android, then adapted for webOS. No way this was Palm's design ever.
    I was referring to the planned android tablet. I guess it wasn't also called the Slate. sorry.

I thought it was going to be similar to the steaming pile they launched with a printer last year:
    so?
    maybe webOS will be some type of stand alone web operating system that can be used with or without even opening windows as well !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    I'm not particularly confident because hp laptop design is some of the worst in the business...
    if this was true they wouldn't be one of if not the biggest tech company in the world . Wouldn't you think ? Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    where did we establish that the touchpad was ever a Palm design? I thought it was the HP Slate shell, originally planned to run Android, then adapted for webOS. No way this was Palm's design ever.
    I think palm brought the design with tham and HP refined it . And added better quality parts lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm asking in respons to your signature . What does the 5th one say !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    THeir Envy line is awesome....As an Envy 14 owner, I am very satisfied with my purchase. I left a MB Pro for the Envy 14 and have never looked back.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Dual boot is not going to help webOS. I had a desktop PC with dual boot, one with very light linux instant boot, and win 7. I went to the linux once or twice, and never went back. I hardly ever reboot my machine. Win 7 computer can handle everything, only advantage of webOS is faster boot time. But once you boot up win 7, why would you want to go back to webOS? Is there anything missing from Win 7? I don't really get the idea of having webOS in PC.
    WebOS definitely in a Laptop. On a desktop PC I think you need the interface... maybe not dual boot because I do not restart my computer either BUT I do need the ablility to change or add data to programs that I don't want to use the keyboard for or look at the smaller screen.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    That'll teach me to read comments about the article before reading the article.

I'm totally fine by this. So long as they keep the same type of design elements, it's alright. HP knows hardware, and can possibly get things done quicker. And the comment about letting the Palm team focus on the software is spot on, we know their potential, and we know how they perform with the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm asking in respons to your signature . What does the 5th one say !
    I don't know. It's speaking a foreign language.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast