Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i'd say pickup a first gen 16gb refurb. Its 350 bucks.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Buying a tablet to wait for another tablet?

Wish I had money like you!
    Haha Yeah I wish too. The tablet I may end up getting will be a birthday gift so I won't be buying it myself. Without any timetable as to when the TouchPad is coming out I'm thinking of trying out either an iPad or GT and then potentially selling that once the TPad comes out. Definitely don't need two tablets but don't want to wait till "the coming months" to get something in my hands. The iPad is probably the better choice simply for the potential resale value.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If he gets the iPad, he can sell it and cover some of the new tablet. The Galaxy Tab may not sell so easily. The Nook Color is cheap so that's a good option if he can root.
    Yeah the resale value of the Tab might not make it worth it to use to defray the cost of a TouchPad. I'd probably end up either stuck with the Tab or selling it for less than would really help cost-wise with the TouchPad. And pricing of the TouchPad will be a factor too. Unless its comparable to the iPad its gonna have a tough road to gain traction consumer-wise.
    More specifically, what are you looking to get out of a tablet? If you're just wanting it for general web consumption, then look for something cheap (like the Nook); if you're looking for something that has more value and extendable (apps, etc) then the iPad 2 is certainly (and really the only choice) the way to go.
    Used iPad 1 are $300-$400 on Craig's if you can deal with 16GB and wifi only. I could easily swing that myself and pay the $700 for iPad 2 3G(high Cook County tax added on) later, since I won't be traveling for at least another month it seems.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Used iPad 1 are $300-$400 on Craig's if you can deal with 16GB and wifi only. I could easily swing that myself and pay the $700 for iPad 2 3G(high Cook County tax added on) later, since I won't be traveling for at least another month it seems.
    A bit over $300, yes, but not $400, that can easily get you a 32GB Wifi one on ebay.
    if you have money to blow like that then you might as well go with the latest and greatest version of the ipad. it's considered the best so you might as well see what the hype is all about. and the resell will be much better than the rest or gift it to a family member. of course... buying the best out there may convince you later that you don't need to buy anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwestland View Post
    A bit over $300, yes, but not $400, that can easily get you a 32GB Wifi one on ebay.
    eBay probably does have other deals. I just prefer face to face, same day sales. And the Craig's people are throwing in their cases, docks, etc. for those prices. Because likely iPad 2 will require all new accessories so they can't use them anyway.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I just got a Nook Color off ebay direct from B&N for $200 even with the coupon code they give out. Then I put Android 3.0 Honeycomb on it, and for the price it's awesome. I will probably sell it when the TouchPad comes out. WebOS makes Android look like Windows Mobile 6.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12