Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Accordinf to PC latest front page post
    HP lists TouchPad on Amazon (but not for preorder) | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community that I post again here:

HP has taken one more step toward actually selling the TouchPad to customers: it has listed it on Amazon.com. Although the TouchPad shows as "currently not available," and there's no pricing either, the page allows Amazon customers to request an e-mail alert when it is available, and (more importantly for those of you with summer birthdays or anniversaries) add it to your Wish List.

From the specifications on the page, this is the Wi-Fi version, which has already been announced as the first to hit the market:

* 9.7 (1024x768) Touch Screen Display; 1.6lbs; 13.6mm thick
    * HP webOS Mobile Operating System; Dual Core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor; 1 GB RAM
    * 16GB/32GB Storage; Wireless 802.11bgn; Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR; Flash support
    * 1.3 MP Front-facing Camera video chatting capability; HP Beats Audio Technology
    * Accessories: TouchPad stand and Bluetooth keyboard

Oddly, it also lists two USB ports, which is probably a typo, since everything HP has announced indicates that the TouchPad has a single microUSB port.

Warm up your credit cards, folks; it may not be fast enough to suit the faithful, but it does really look like we'll be able to buy the TouchPad in the near-ish future.

Do you think Amazon will start selling the HP TouchPad in late March, April or June?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The description says:

In mid-2011, HP will release the first webOS tablet --the HP TouchPad.
    Which fits with the most recent comments from Leo that he hoped that they would be able to get "at least" a wifi tablet out by mid-summer. So I'd say that March and April are both out.
    I saw this on Amazon 3 weeks ago. Didnt think it was a big deal. I tried all searches for the touchpad, pre 3 and veer.
    Looks like HP had this put up on announcement day:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon.com
    Date first available at Amazon.com: February 9, 2011
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Looks like HP had this put up on announcement day:
    Good catch - so it means absolutely nothing.
    I also saw this little ad bit on amazon.

Sprint Love
    Every official piece of word we've received says summer.

Nothing indicates this thing is even out of alpha on the software side. The thing wasn't even ready for reporters to handle themselves last month.

Why would anyone even entertain the notion that it will launch before June? Outside of blind hope, I mean?
  8.    #8  
    Maybe is an HP strategy to keep us talking. ?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    It's a strategy I wouldn't recommend - not with the exodus to the iPad 2 I keep reading about in these forums. This probably isn't the kind of talking HP wants.
    You happened to forget May in your original post

I'd say, earliest, late May.
    there is no exodus to the iPad2. HP has no tablet customers (at least not on a WebOS), therefore there can be no exodus.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    I think that's exactly what it is
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    You happened to forget May in your original post

I'd say, earliest, late May.
    good point might be a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    there is no exodus to the iPad2. HP has no tablet customers (at least not on a WebOS), therefore there can be no exodus.
    So you're saying HP has no interest in tablet customers? Then I guess it's no problem that people who were trying to be loyal webOS users have decided to part with HP and pursue the Apple alternative. But you can assure yourself that it's not an exodus- call it a missed opportunity for HP. I'm sure there will be tens of thousands of those with HP's delayed device releases.
    That is not what Courousant said. No one has been able to purchase, or even pre-order, a WebOS tablet. Therefore, there are at this time no WebOS tablet customers. Once it is made available to order, then HP will have customers.

Courousant said nothing about HP's interest in tablet customers, implicit or explicit. Try not to read into what isn't there.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    So you're saying HP has no interest in tablet customers? Then I guess it's no problem that people who were trying to be loyal webOS users have decided to part with HP and pursue the Apple alternative. But you can assure yourself that it's not an exodus- call it a missed opportunity for HP. I'm sure there will be tens of thousands of those with HP's delayed device releases.
    There's been no delay.
    I think june or july at the latest.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    June is when it will be released. Released by June 30th with shipping shortly after - interested to see if this thing will get back ordered.
    Why anyone thinks it would be released before june is crazy. If anything it might be the other way around. A more realistic and logical thought would be the software is not ready and it will be released either June, July or August..... we are counting the wrong way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    A more realistic and logical thought would be the software is not ready and it will be released either June, July or August.....
    or September...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast