Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Product availability announced mid-June with June 30 in store/online ship dates. Is my best guess
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It's a strategy I wouldn't recommend - not with the exodus to the iPad 2 I keep reading about in these forums. This probably isn't the kind of talking HP wants.
    FYI, Majority of the exodus is from existing iPad users.
    Not sure you checked the deals on older iPods, they are now selling for $350.00 range.

iPad2 is just on incremental update to the original. Nothing earth shattering there in terms of hardware or software.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    FYI, Majority of the exodus is from existing iPad users.
    Not sure you checked the deals on older iPods, they are now selling for $350.00 range.

iPad2 is just on incremental update to the original. Nothing earth shattering there in terms of hardware or software.
    I agree the iPad2 is an incremental upgrade device-wise. Still, the fence-sitters from last year that weren't quite sure they wanted an iPad see that Apple is still behind the product, have made some pretty sweet engineering and software improvements to the device, haven't raised the price one cent, are building twice as many this year as last year, and the 3rd party accessory manufacturers are embracing it. Bounce that against the disappointing launches of the Xoom, bigger Galaxy Tab, and Touchpad and last year's fence sitters going to take the iPad plunge in droves ... and sales will explode just like they did with the iPhone 3G in 2008.
  4.    #24  
    Making a break : This video is funny: Ipad2 Colbertīs take on Appleīs latest tablet

Stephen Wants an iPad 2 - The Colbert Report - 3/7/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Source: iPad 2: Steven Colbert’s Take on Apple’s Latest Tablet
    I agree the iPad2 is an incremental upgrade device-wise. Still, the fence-sitters from last year that weren't quite sure they wanted an iPad see that Apple is still behind the product, have made some pretty sweet engineering and software improvements to the device, haven't raised the price one cent, are building twice as many this year as last year, and the 3rd party accessory manufacturers are embracing it. Bounce that against the disappointing launches of the Xoom, bigger Galaxy Tab, and Touchpad and last year's fence sitters going to take the iPad plunge in droves ... and sales will explode just like they did with the iPhone 3G in 2008.
    And what does any of that have to do with the TouchPad?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I wonder if the Touchpad is one of the devices mentioned here?

Therefore, players are already working on rearrange their launch schedule and will delay the launch for another 1-2 months before they start selling; some models that were unveiled from before may even not appear in the channel.
    Notebook players may postpone tablet PC launch schedule because of iPad 2

Could "coming summer" shift to "coming autumn"?
    Has the touchpad cleared the FCC yet, I think this could be the hold up. On the palm site product page for the touchpad it says "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained"
    PSN
    Twitter
    Palm Centro - Palm/HP Pre+ w/webos 2.1.0
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I wonder if the Touchpad is one of the devices mentioned here?

Notebook players may postpone tablet PC launch schedule because of iPad 2

Could "coming summer" shift to "coming autumn"?
    It is just for Windows/Intel and Androids, the post you linked us to not mentioning the webOS. :

The sources pointed out that tablet PCs will need to be priced below US$399 to have chance to enter the tablet PC battlefield, and none of the current Wintel or ARM/Android platform are capable of achieving such a price level.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by techfellow View Post
    Has the touchpad cleared the FCC yet, I think this could be the hold up. On the palm site product page for the touchpad it says "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained"
    Yes it might be holding it up . I was wondering if the Touchpad will come with some last hour hardware features ???
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The issue is , there is no 10 inch WiFi only tablet that sells for $ 399.99. Even for XOOM you must buy the WiFi + 3G model. Nonetheless I have to agree on sales explosion part. Many fence sitters are buying the older iPad like there is no tomorrow.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12